Author Topic: A few problems Discoed/Losing Settings  (Read 557 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
A few problems Discoed/Losing Settings
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
A lot of people is getting discoed losing host connection, it happens to me about once every two hours.  Same thing is happening to alot of people in the MA/DA.  Also I got on this week and all my map controllers were wiped out.  I got on yesterday and everything was there besides my flaps and elevators.  Also I got on this week and noticed in the KI84 that the left side post was overlapping the text and toggles display buts its not now. 

I just bought a Ch Fighterstick and I believe this is a Ch problem just going to throw it out there to see if you agree.  When the throttle is at 100% and I move the stick around there is no jumping in the throttle/RPM gauge but if the throttle is at 0% 25% 50% 75% or anything besides 100% the throttle jumps like crazy which is hard to land and perform maneuvers. 

Thanks for your help, TnDep
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: A few problems Discoed/Losing Settings
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »
Can I get a response to this thanks.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
Don't think it is CH. Did you calibrate the throttle?. Do windows first and then in game see if that helps. Do you have the pro throttle are are you talking about the wheel on stick base?
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 06:02:14 AM »
We cannot control the Internet, which will be the leading reason why a disco will occur.  Easy enough to find out if that is true or not.  Just run a Ping Plot to 206.16.60.38, for a few minutes, and see if there is any packet loss between you and the servers.  Best to do this immediately after a disco as conditions on the Internet constantly change.

As far as the CH stick goes, are you running their software?  If not, then make sure you calibrate the throttle in the game, and in Windows.

More information
and more...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:04:38 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
Is this a CH mapping software that keeps failing?

Could be a whole lot of things. Are you calibrating? Are you using a powered USB Hub? Are your controller connections secure?

How old is your CH products? Are you using their driver or just windows plug-n-play?

Sounds to me like either a calibration/connection issue or you dont have your hardware mapped correctly. X,Y axis...ect
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
Don't think it is CH. Did you calibrate the throttle?. Do windows first and then in game see if that helps. Do you have the pro throttle are are you talking about the wheel on stick base?

Yes I calibrated the stick through the game/windows/ch is does appear to be Ch problem I think the jumping you can see in the windows as well.  I'm going to give them a call, it's just the wheel on the base don't have pro throttle
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »
We cannot control the Internet, which will be the leading reason why a disco will occur.  Easy enough to find out if that is true or not.  Just run a Ping Plot to 206.16.60.38, for a few minutes, and see if there is any packet loss between you and the servers.  Best to do this immediately after a disco as conditions on the Internet constantly change.

As far as the CH stick goes, are you running their software?  If not, then make sure you calibrate the throttle in the game, and in Windows.

More information
and more...
I understand you can't control the internet or my service provider but I will do the ping plotter.  Before the new swap it appeared when you lost the connection it would freeze the game and then immediately return to the game and just hope you weren't close to the water, most of the time you weren't.  Now it seems if you lose 1 sec of connection your booted. Not sure if it's the case or not but just wondering if you can create a 1-5 sec. delay for immediate re-connection without being booted reguardless I will deal with it. 

I do have Ch control panel I'll give them a call to see what they can do for me.  Thanks for your response Skuzzy  :salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
Is this a CH mapping software that keeps failing?

Could be a whole lot of things. Are you calibrating? Are you using a powered USB Hub? Are your controller connections secure?

How old is your CH products? Are you using their driver or just windows plug-n-play?

Sounds to me like either a calibration/connection issue or you dont have your hardware mapped correctly. X,Y axis...ect

Is this a CH mapping software that keeps failing?I'm not sure, it should be kept in the aces high creations settings folder so I'm not sure why it dissappears

Could be a whole lot of things. Are you calibrating? yes Are you using a powered USB Hub? yes Are your controller connections secure? yes usb

How old is your CH products? brand new less then a month old Are you using their driver or just windows plug-n-play? it is a plug and play device and drivers are current and it uses Ch control panel

I've independantly mapped the x,y, and z separately so I'm just going to call Ch and get some tech help.  Thanks 4 the response
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »
It's time to kick ATT out  :bolt:
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder