Author Topic: Holy Horde.  (Read 3712 times)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: Holy Horde.
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »
Tunes is a helluva guy. Besides, if you are complaining about it, up a plane and kill the buffs, he can't man all of their guns.
He doesnt need too, he generally bails out of all of them after dropping their ords.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »

Not going to argue with you about horde any more Falc. You either don't read what I type, or have a problem understanding what I type.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle..... :t

I AGREE WITH YOU that it happens on all countries. I try very hard not to single out a squad or even a country when I talk about hordes. I do find it VERY funny that you defend hordes so valiantly.

Actually i was addressing the op's implicit suggestion that because a mission was running that it was a "certain" bish squad behind it....my postings illustrated that when you are on the receiving end it is a "horde" and as anax chose to look at what I called a horde...he instead saw it as a coincidence.  It took me all of the time it took to log on to be able to quickly capture a screenie to refute this. 

Nothing good comes from a horde. They promote poor game play. Fights are gone because it is now a gang fest after the few defenders. This also promotes more HO's because you have to get your shot in before your 7 other squad mates get theirs in on the one guy they are chasing. Which also promote vulching because they can't shoot as fast as the 7 guys chasing the one defender so they go after slower less maneuverable target wattling down the runway.

This is your myopic view...I guess YOUR idea of fun is better captured by your behavior the other night when you upped a ta152 and chased a tiffie 2 sectors back to his base.  You were upset with the player because he wouldn't turn and fight you.  The reason I was aware of this was because you spammed ch 200 with insults and said you were filming him.  You would rather chase one guy out of the 300 that were on to harrass him/her then go find another fight???  I was over at fitertown/tank town dogfiting...there were plenty of targets there...

As for getting a few guy together to defend against it.... ya that sounds like fun too. You said 4-5 guy went up and pork bases. Yup love killing none moving buildings...lots of fun there. I'll bet most of those guy lawn darted the targets as well because heck the target was hit, need to up and hit another to win the war. Again, doing away with fighting.

Yes...while one bish squad held the base our squad took action to try and slow the attack down...i got 4 kills after i dropped...so yep was fun!!! The result was the "horde" was stopped and didnt regain its steam...

HTC has said he believes that hordes are bad for the game. Someday it will again come to a head (last time we got split arenas) and he will make a change again. Running huge mission doesn't mean you have to run in a horde. Its up to those who like to run big missions to set them up so they don't become hordes. You "commanders" have a chance to fix it, or we can wait and HTC WILL fix it.

Truly it IS HiTech's world and we get to play in it using the parameters he has set up.  So far we have adapted through all the changes and in general I have liked all of them.  Oddly enough I am having fun and thus continue to pay my $15/month for the privilege. :cool:
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2009, 04:18:42 AM »
There is 2 types of hordes in my book: organized and unorganized. The organized ones are usually the 30 guys going trying to take an undefended target NOE or not NOE..its a silly tactic. The unorganized hordes are the ones that usually result in furballs gone bad where people just join that fight because thats where the action is at. One side usually gets smacked around, base gets capped etc..
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2009, 04:24:44 AM »
A spy sent me a film from Bishop mission HQ.  I think some Bish may defect having seen the error of their ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-kWRAVmRU
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 04:26:18 AM by LYNX »

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »
power of the bish! :O thats why im bish ;)

True!!!!!!!oh so true :rofl :rofl thats the only way bish can take a field !!!!!!!! :lol :lol

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2009, 07:33:55 AM »
Lmao!! :rofl

Same couple guys complaining about the same old thing!!

Apparently there are ALOT of people who don't come to these BBs who have a different opinion.

Then you have the same old same old minority of dweebs coming in here trying to tell these guys that they aren't having fun and are playing the game wrong!

The avoiding fights argument is probably the funniest statement made in these BBs, because its ususally made by guys who fly for the easy (smart) kills.

I still don't get why they care how the majority of players in here have their fun.

Its a BIG map, go find some fun of your own.

If you don't like fighting against the so called hordes that pop up occassionaly , don't.

The "Chicken Littles" on the BBs would have us believe that there is an incessant horde that travels the map ruining EVERYONES fun EVERY day.

But most people know that isn't true.

Its basicly just another couple whiners using the boards for their own lobbying purposes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like fighting around so called "hordes" either.

But unlike the vocal minority, I don't whine about it.

I just don't fight around them when they happen to appear.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
               :rofl     :aok

A spy sent me a film from Bishop mission HQ.  I think some Bish may defect having seen the error of their ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-kWRAVmRU
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Joker2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »
It's all so effin hilarious!!!!
I WANTED TO BE THE FIRST KID ON MY BLOCK WITH A CONFIRMED KILL!

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »

True!!!!!!!oh so true :rofl :rofl thats the only way bish can take a field !!!!!!!! :lol :lol
im afraid not... :devil

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2009, 09:30:06 PM »
If they are doing it, it's a hoard. If we are doing it, it's a mission  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »
If they are doing it, it's a hoard. If we are doing it, it's a mission  :D

QFT  Here's a man that sees the whole picture :cheers:

DuHasst
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."