Author Topic: Second Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 27099 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Second Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »
Gentlemen... Start your engines!

We have 74 players signed up which would normally mean we'd have 10 duels (20 active players) in the first round and 54 byes.  I've decided that in order to minimize idle players who would otherwise have a bye that we will fight two adjacent elimination rounds simultaneously this tournament.  

First a word of explination.  I first marked the top slot in each elimination round 1 bracket to be filled.  Since there are eight quarter-finalists, I randomly generated an even number between 2-16 to determin which additional slots would be filled in round 1 stemming from each quarter-final root.  I then generated another number between 1-64 to add another slot on each side of the bracket, discounting and regenerating the number if it lead to the same elimination round 4 root as one of the already determined round 1 duels.  Once this was done I randomly drew names and filled the pre-selected slots in order, advancing those with a bye.

This means that we will only have about 10 byes in each of the first two weeks, but, because the round 1 duels were evenly disbursed throughout the bracket, anyone getting to the quarter-final will have had at least one bye somewhere along the way.  The exception are those with round 1 duels who would have to fight through without a bye.

So, once again, the rules:

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names out of a hat (or other convenient container).
- If there are odd numbers of players I will work them into the brackets although they may have to fly more or less rounds than other players.  They will be chosen randomly.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by midnight CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all availble fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel loadout with players choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K cieling at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Intentionally ditching or bailing constitutes forfieture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other recieves a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second and any subsequent discos by the same player in a duel series will result in a loss of the duel in which the player disco'd.
- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 midnight Central Daylight Time Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Monday.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfiet the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in this thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, or if neither player posts, then a random draw will determine which player advances.  
- In the case of contested results both players films will be reviewed by the review committee and a determination will be posted no later than 48 hours after the initial posting deadline.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made a winner will be selected by random draw.  The review committee's determination will be final.  Because this will delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  In any case, then next duels deadlines WILL NOT be delayed.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Monday, October 5 and each Monday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

Since the bracket is by in-game name, here's the roster with corresponding BBs names:

In-Game   -   BBs
Competitors            
4Fox   -   Fox      
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
Agent360   -   Agent360      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
Angels10   -   angels10      
Assi   -   DMBEAR      
B4Buster    -   B4Buster       
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl   -   Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic       
boomerlu   -   boomerlu      
Boozeman-   Boozeman      
Bosco   -   Bosco123      
cactus   -   cactuskooler      
caldera   -   caldera      
Changeup-   Changeup      
Cobra516   -   Cobra516      
DadRabit   -   DadRabit      
Deviant   -   dev1ant      
Dodger   -   jododger       
DrBone   -   DrBone1      
flatiron   -   flatiron1      
Flifast   -   Flifast      
ForkTail   -   Grape       
Gorkle   -   RTGorkle       
Grizz   -   grizz441       
horble   -   horble      
INK   -   ink       
JB11   -   JB11      
Jbecks   -   jdbecks       
Jerkins   -   jerkins   -   Review Committee
JRjolly   -   jolly22      
JunkyII   -   JunkyII       
Juvat   -   Raptor      
Kazan   -   Kazan_HB       
Kil02   -   Kilo2      
Kristov   -   Kristov      
L0nGb0w   -   L0nGb0w       
Lambo   -   lambo31       
machine   -   nimble      
Manurin   -   manurin      
Mazz   -   Saurdaukar      
Mensa   -   mensa180      
Mike254   -   mike254      
Mjsmoke   -   mjsmoke       
Nex   -   StokesAk      
Qrsu   -   Qrsu      
ace pilot   -   dkff49       
RedTeck   -   RedTeck      
Rud3boi   -         
RufLeak   -   RufusLeaking       
Ruler2   -   Ruler2      
Sandwich   -   sandwich      
SF   -   --)SF----      
shiv   -   shiv      
SkyRock   -   SkyRock      
slimmer   -   slimmer      
Speed55   -   Speed55      
Steve   -   Steve      
Strip   -   Strip      
Sunbatt   -   SunBat      
SunsFan   -   sunfan1121      
SWneo   -   infowars      
TC   -   TequilaChaser   -   Review Committee
Tec   -   Tec      
texstc   -   texastc316      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
uptown   -   uptown      
v1st   -   v1st      
Viper10   -   ACE      
WMSol   -   Sol75      
xxxJCxxx   -   jimbo71      
Yarbles   -   Yarbles      
Zap   -   Tordon22   -   Review Committee Alternate
zig50   -   zig2nd      

Non-Competitors            
Nisky    -   Nisky    -   Review Committee

Since batfink didn't reply with his friend Rud3boi's BBs name I suggest you PM mechanic (batfinkv) to arrange this duel if you've drawn him.

And finally the bracket (note:  photobucket won't let me upload an image greater than 1024 in any dimension so I had to split the bracket into two images to make it legible.  Hopefully it doesn't look to "hinkey".)  As always, your first duel assigned plane is posted in red in the center of your bracket.

Good luck to all and most of all have fun!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:47:17 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: Second Tri-annual Bracket & Results
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »
Emil Power!   :rock

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Second Tri-Annual Bracket & Results
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:47:14 AM »
great, first fight is horble and his D9...horble how much did you pay BE to pick 190s?  :P
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Kristov

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »
Emil power it is :aok

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »
Emil power it is :aok

Will shoot you a PM here in a minute for scheduling.   :aok

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
Re: Second Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »

Oh lord.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »
just to clarify...if your fight is in the second elimination round, the fight can be carried out within the space of 2 weeks?

plus Bump

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
v1st vs Nex

Round 1: Spitfire Mk. VIII -- Nex

Round 2: C.205 -- Nex

I had some real fun fights v1st, your hard to kill :)
Strokes

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
Cactus is going down!  Never did like those 80th freaks. 
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
HAHAHA, anyone wanna give me a hint on how to beat batfink!!???  LOL, new guy draws a top two seed...I love randomness.  I guess Mr Murphy doesn't stop following you around even after you get out of the military!! LMAO!

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »
v1st vs Nex

Round 1: Spitfire Mk. VIII -- Nex

Round 2: C.205 -- Nex

I had some real fun fights v1st, your hard to kill :)

umm. The loser posts.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 05:42:12 PM »
umm. The loser posts.
The loser post to make it final. The winner can post but it comes with contrevorsey, and if the loser decides to post somthing then it has to be reviewd by the review commitee
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
just to clarify...if your fight is in the second elimination round, the fight can be carried out within the space of 2 weeks?

plus Bump

No.  I'd like them to happen the week they are scheduled.  That way if we have unusual circumstances later on we have some wiggle room.

Remember:  The loser has to post to verify the results.  If they don't then the result is deemed disputed and the review committee will have to review the films to verify the win.

There's a font problem with some of the brackets which I'll fix for the next round but if you're having a hard time reading them they are:

Cobra516
F4U-4
Kazan

ace pilot
La-7
boomerlu

batfinkv
C.202
Changeup

Bosco
P-40E
L0nGb0w

4Fox
Hurricane Mk IIC
Jbecks
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:16:41 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »
great, first fight is horble and his D9...horble how much did you pay BE to pick 190s?  :P

I draw a hurrican 2c, my only experience is shooting them down..or the hispanos turning my 190 into a jigsaw puzzle!...apparently they are good for going around in circles  :lol
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
I draw a hurrican 2c, my only experience is shooting them down..or the hispanos turning my 190 into a jigsaw puzzle!...apparently they are good for going around in circles  :lol
:lol
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek