Author Topic: P47M Skin Ideas  (Read 17731 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: P47M Skin Ideas
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »
According to little friends, its not know to have and nose art or name, I may try this one and see how it turns out

I believe its a D-26 "Ole Cock III"   here is a good thread on it with some good photo's

http://www.hfmodeling.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=131894&page=1
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:52:35 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
Another good clue would be that while the plane is a 61st SD aircraft, if it was in fact an M model, it would be painted black not OD/Grey.  The M's were delivered from the factory to the unit in base aluminum.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Stryker

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:24 PM »
So I noticed this picture while scanning through little friends, is this an M with Winter camo?

http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/gallery.php?Group=56&Style=item&origStyle=list&Item=122&Temp=1963&searchString=
looks like white paint to camo it from the air.. also looks like thats a centerline tank on it, did any M's have those?
just wonderin on that.. cause if they did, a single centerline should be available in the game for it.. like all other 47s
Lt Cmdr Gambit
The Aggressor Squadron
65th AGRS, 57th ATG
"Terror In The Skies"

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
looks like white paint to camo it from the air.. also looks like thats a centerline tank on it, did any M's have those?
just wonderin on that.. cause if they did, a single centerline should be available in the game for it.. like all other 47s

A lot of evidence seems to suggest that the Ms carried a centerline tank. I would think that it should be included in game.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 12:46:03 AM »
I think Pyro is going to delete the wing tanks, make the wing "wet" & add the 150 gal centerline. Just my opinion.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 12:50:28 AM »
Wet wing is a type of wing where the internal structure is made so that it won't leak, and then fuel is stored in it, without actual tanks (the wing is the tank).

I think you mean some other term?

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 01:09:47 AM »
Wet wing is a type of wing where the internal structure is made so that it won't leak, and then fuel is stored in it, without actual tanks (the wing is the tank).

I think you mean some other term?

Thanks for the correction, knew It was something else.
 :P

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2009, 02:53:05 AM »
Possible, another thing I just noticed was the main cowl isnt white.  Its interesting to me this one also has invasion stripes.  When was the M first deployed?

Good eyes.  I'd suggest that it isn't a P47M but a late D.  It wouldn't make sense, since the 8th took off the fuselage bands prior to the M Jugs arriving, for one P47M to have them painted on.  I don't see any other photos of P47Ms with the fuselage ID bands underneath.  A D model still might have the bands on from the late summer and fall.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »
Good eyes.  I'd suggest that it isn't a P47M but a late D.  It wouldn't make sense, since the 8th took off the fuselage bands prior to the M Jugs arriving, for one P47M to have them painted on.  I don't see any other photos of P47Ms with the fuselage ID bands underneath.  A D model still might have the bands on from the late summer and fall.
I'm going to have to agree, most likely a D model, The photo does interest me, as its the first US plane I have ever really seen with winter camo.  Seem none of the other planes in the background have it either.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
I'm going to have to agree, most likely a D model, The photo does interest me, as its the first US plane I have ever really seen with winter camo.  Seem none of the other planes in the background have it either.

it's a d-26 look above

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:35:00 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520