Author Topic: film viewer misallignment  (Read 455 times)

Offline VANDALS

• Zinc Member
      • 666th BARBARIANS FG
film viewer misallignment
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »
Yesterday I filmed a few sorties, one being diving in on a CV with a Hellcat.  Since I sunk it I saved the film.  Later on I looked at the film and noticed on my dive on the film  the CV seemed to be 100 to 200 yards off to the left.  It looked as if I was diving on open water.  Any Suggestions?
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone is not thinking"

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Re: film viewer misallignment
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »
Nothing new. Simular to seeing someone else landing or taking off 200FT to the side of a CV.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:17:05 AM »
Were you using "Internal" and "Use recorded views" option?

If yes, try pressing HOME key whenever image becomes off center.

Mutley :salute
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline VANDALS

• Zinc Member
      • 666th BARBARIANS FG
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:49:03 PM »
yes I was I will try that

ty
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone is not thinking"

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 06:41:46 PM »
When a CV group comes to a change in its course, the group's graphics instantly snaps to the new heading in the film viewer instead of making a gentle turn back to the correct course and heading during the "live" action.  Fire from the CV's auto acks continue to follow the path used during the live action and will realign with the CV's graphics in about 4 or 5 minuets.

Can duplicate off-line by launching a plane to the CV deck and start film as the CV approaches a change in course.  Continue filming for a few minuets after the CV reaches its new course and heading.  In the film, the CV will instantly snap to the new heading and follow the new course while the plane continues to follow the actual path taken during the filming.  The plane and CV graphic will move back together over time in the film.

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
Having problems on playing films on latest film viewer using the very latest downloaded films, the pix are all misaligned, either to the left or rite, hard to see plane fly a straight line.

I've set the film viewer on" Internal" and "use recorded views", pressing the "Home"
key does force the plane to fly straight, but only for a few seconds!  It's ridiculous to
watch a film pressing the Home key continuously.  :furious