Author Topic: Ideas to a historical arena  (Read 827 times)

Offline GrinBird

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.aasvk.dk
Ideas to a historical arena
« on: May 01, 2000, 06:20:00 PM »
Sometimes when I have been at work I have been thinking of the good things a historical arena would add to this game. But I see some problems too..
First off all its hard to fynd a historical scenario from WW2 that fits the requirements of AcesHigh:
1) Both sides are in a position where they can be offensive, and both sides have to be offensive. That means that both sides can bomb and conquer enemy bases.
2) That the scenario has a certain varķation in planes available, we dont wanna choose between two or three planes do we?
3) That many of the planes are allready available in AcesHigh, so we dont have to get too many new planes before we can start.

I know only one scenario which can offer all this: The Finnish/Russian war 1941 to 1944.

The Finns flew Brewster, Curtiss Hawk, Me109 G2-G8 (and many more strange fighers) and were supportet by Luftwaffe FW190s.
The Russians flew besides their own fighters a wide range of american fighers P38, P39-Aircobra, P51, Spit IXC, Hurricane, Curtiss KittyHawk.
The finns used Blenheims, Dorniers and Ju88A-4 for bombing. In AcesHigh we could do with only the Ju88. On the Russian side we could do with the Petlyakov PE-2, looks like it matches the JU88 well.

I dont think tanks were used very much in this war, but mobile AA-gunnery certainly was, and trooptransports were too.

What do ya think?

------------------
GrinBird