Author Topic: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker  (Read 7144 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Evil Con Mission: Superfokker
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »
the fokker had 2 .30cal mini guns, they were like lasers when you fired them. 48 rockets and roto. im not sure if that shouldve been rato, but hey, what do i know. anyway you could accellerate out of trouble with the roto, i pointed the plane straight up and fired them, it was awesome. had 60 seconds worth at your disposal.

was a fun night, thanks HTC!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »
A biplane arena?

That will just turn into Spad v Spad and Fokker v Fokker.

oh joy.

Heh.  Good thing we'll still have the WWII arenas where we don't have to worry about seeing only Spits, P-51s and La7s tussling with each other.

- oldman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
How did it perform?  Speed, climb, turning, firepower, etc. ?

Last night. To answer your question in a word...

Yes

LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 11:12:33 AM »
WW1 is for the birds.

Especially with AH's current damage system.

If it means we no longer have to suffer through "titanic tuesdays" then maybe it would be a decent trade-off, but there are SO MANY things that need work in AH2 (ESPECIALLY all the ancient 1999-era graphics on half the planes!!!!) that I really REALLY don't want to see them working on an entirely different war while WW2 squanders.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2009, 11:15:35 AM »
If we get the WW1 arena, it's going to MAKE people fight, insted of the other wonderful things.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:51 AM »
The one thing Im surprised we havent seen yet is a bunch of these flying around.

But I figure that would lead to all sorts of copyright problems. So I guess its not so surprising after all.
Would be funny as hell though
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
If you went to the tower and typed .plane 104 then went to the hanger you could get it.

How did you guys know this. just curious. I typed in .show (........) never thought of useing a number. never got anymessage. 

Hey Stokes if you could get one how come i didnt see you in one, or land any kills?

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »
I remember trying the beta of Dawn of Aces just after iMOL bought out HT and Pyro.  The arena was filled with F1 camels, with everything else being fodder for it.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »
Hopefully they don't spend too much time on it.  Whilst having a few basic WWI models will be great to dogfight in, I doubt you will see mass numbers flying in a WWI arena after the novelty wears off.

AH still has plenty of WW2 planes to be added and I would hate to see development get distracted again a la CT.  USP and all that.

Good points Bruv119.... I think if they could set up a DA with lets say a Nieuport 24, Spad VII, and Sopwith Camel verses a Albatros D.Va, Fokker Dr. I and a Fokker D. VII.... would be a lot of fun and hopefully not take up too many resources.

<S>

Grind
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
Hopefully they don't spend too much time on it.  Whilst having a few basic WWI models will be great to dogfight in, I doubt you will see mass numbers flying in a WWI arena after the novelty wears off.

AH still has plenty of WW2 planes to be added and I would hate to see development get distracted again a la CT.  USP and all that.

From what was said in QnA on Friday there will be a WWI arena starting with 4 planes. It's going to be furball only with fields 5mi. from each other.
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »
From what was said in QnA on Friday there will be a WWI arena starting with 4 planes. It's going to be furball only with fields 5mi. from each other.

This is why I wish someone would record those sessions...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
I wonder if that's the Fokker model they used for the Red Baron Pizza promotion they did awhile back.

ack-ack
I'm not sure how long ago that was, but looking at the quality of the cockpit, even though it's obviously unfinished and looks weird because I took it with the film viewer, it's definitely more reminiscent of HTC's recent 3D work rather than what they did 5-6 years ago. Especially the Spandaus.
And it definitely looks like it came from HTC, they just have a certain 'style'...

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
It was recorded by Pollock. Since he's riding with TD back to Atlanta it will probably be a few days atleast before he gets it up.
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 12:26:53 PM »

Wow with an unfinished WWII set? Just WOW. Total surprise at that decision.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
It was recorded by Pollock. Since he's riding with TD back to Atlanta it will probably be a few days atleast before he gets it up.

...gasm. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.