Author Topic: WWI beta server?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
WWI beta server?
« on: October 20, 2009, 02:37:13 AM »
Will there be one?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: WWI beta server?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:09:35 AM »
Aren't you on it yet?

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:24:51 AM »
Aren't you on it yet?

Don't be trollin'.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:27:20 AM »
2 weeks x 2

Thats my bet anyway.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »
 Since nobody fly's  in the Early War Arena ....WW I would be a gigantic waste of HTC time.   If you don't believe me, go visit the Early War Arena.    It's a Ghost town!

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »
Since nobody fly's  in the Early War Arena ....WW I would be a gigantic waste of HTC time.   If you don't believe me, go visit the Early War Arena.    It's a Ghost town!

I came to the belief that the current state of EWA is a result of several factors, but the biggest one being the setup of the arena.
While I doubt a WWI arena will get massive numbers in the long run, I think trying not to copy gameplay & arena settings from LW is a step into the right direction and may prevent a complete "fail" (Though different people may have different opionons on what a "success" or "fail" is)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:07:06 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »
woot woot!! ww1 arena will be fun and something new, MA doesn't hold the same appeal as it used to for a lot of people tbh. Hey even fat man get sick of ice cream variety is a good thing.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 12:57:54 PM »
woot woot!! ww1 arena will be fun and something new, MA doesn't hold the same appeal as it used to for a lot of people tbh. Hey even fat man get sick of ice cream variety is a good thing.

Have you tried MW or EW?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 01:01:23 PM »
EW fails because you can just fly a HurriI in LW and have more targets. WWI will presumably work differntly.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 01:06:19 PM »
I came to the belief that the current state of EWA is a result of several factors, but the biggest one being the setup of the arena.
While I doubt a WWI arena will get massive numbers in the long run, I think trying not to copy gameplay & arena settings from LW is a step into the right direction and may prevent a complete "fail" (Though different people may have different opionons on what a "success" of "fail" is)

Well said.

IMHO
The EW's biggest problem is the rank-farms, who are just avoiding the aerial fights. Just give a small map without GV spawn points.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
EW fails because you can just fly a HurriI in LW and have more targets. WWI will presumably work differntly.

EW has fewer folks because it is just not popular. Many folks do not want to turn fight. They dislike slow planes. Now we'll have an EEW arena too. It'll be a dogfight only arena and will have 100 mph terrors.

For those that wish to cover all flight history... I hear they are working on gliders and ballons.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:22:01 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
Since nobody fly's  in the Early War Arena ....WW I would be a gigantic waste of HTC time.   If you don't believe me, go visit the Early War Arena.    It's a Ghost town!

Helm ...out

Apples and oranges.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 01:21:53 PM »
Have you tried MW or EW?

I've kicked your pee 38's butt in MW!!  :lol and we also winged up for a few hours and watermelon chatted :mad: I'm all hurt you've forgotten me!! I must just be one of your many flunkys  :banana:
So yeah I fly mid war and mid war can be a good laugh early war simply don't fly in because well theres no one there! Or should I say theres people there but I'll be damned if I can find them, theres people on the roster but no chat on country range 200 or all???  :lol I do nip into nearly all the arenas at one point or another during the night.

I don't really get your point here m8??  :confused:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 01:36:06 PM »
I've kicked your pee 38's butt in MW!!  :lol and we also winged up for a few hours and watermelon chatted :mad: I'm all hurt you've forgotten me!! I must just be one of your many flunkys  :banana:
So yeah I fly mid war and mid war can be a good laugh early war simply don't fly in because well theres no one there! Or should I say theres people there but I'll be damned if I can find them, theres people on the roster but no chat on country range 200 or all???  :lol I do nip into nearly all the arenas at one point or another during the night.

I don't really get your point here m8??  :confused:

Kicked my butt huh??  You were obviously standing in a long line of folks.:)

I hear early war you have to take a partner. The 6 folks in there already will be on the same team. If you get on an opposing team they will all go to other front to capture. That is where the partner comes in. He is on the third team to intercept those folks. Kind of like chasing flies.

I was thinking that this smiley was developed to represent the EW ...  :joystick:

WWI... or the EEW as it might be called, will probably level off around EW numbers. Just my estimation. Would be fine with me as I see it as a leech on productuion time for WWII work. Will be fun for a short while.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:41:10 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
Since nobody fly's  in the Early War Arena ....WW I would be a gigantic waste of HTC time.   If you don't believe me, go visit the Early War Arena.    It's a S.O.A.R. town!

Helm ...out

Fixed
Strokes