Author Topic: Some great looking Dr.1 skins - Which begs the question....  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Some great looking Dr.1 skins - Which begs the question....
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:40:58 PM »
Will someone create a Red VonRichthofen paint job and will I be the only person NOT using it  :x

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2007/february/galleria/Fokker_DrI.php

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2007/april/galleria/Fokker_DrI.php
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Some great looking Dr.1 skins - Which begs the question....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
Will someone create a Red VonRichthofen paint job and will I be the only person NOT using it  :x

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2007/february/galleria/Fokker_DrI.php

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2007/april/galleria/Fokker_DrI.php

I think Von Richthofen's paint job should be reserved for only the elite. :D The noobs need to know who to fear in the WW1 skies!

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
I think Von Richthofen's paint job should be reserved for only the elite.

Guess no one will be flying that skin....
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:42:31 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 04:59:09 PM »
+1 bansheč
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »
Wasnt there a paint scheme that had a checkerboard design/insignia on the fuselage of one such Dr. 1?

Edit- It inspired some of WW2's fighter groups to use this as their unit colors (78th FG, 353rd FG, etc.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:08:56 PM by Plazus »
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:51 PM »
I think Von Richthofen's paint job should be reserved for only the elite. :D The noobs need to know who to fear in the WW1 skies!
You know that is not a bad concept only the top ranked guy from the tour gets to have the most famous skins of the war & no one else. Might add some extra incentive for that arena. Plus when a red triplane shows up every one will know who it is just as they did back in WWI. All we need is Australian ground troops to shoot him down & then it will be historically correct. :bolt:

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
I flew WWI planes in Warbirds, IT ROCKS :) I prefer red baron/black falcon skin. I will post a picture of it l8er.(Too lazy to go in my warbirds folder and screenshot it)
Top Gun

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »
I want the Manfred's squadron's Albatros D.V's and D.III's with the red upper wing. Besides, it wasn't just Manfred who flew the red Dr.1, it was also his squadron who flew red craft. Maybe the red Dr.1 skin should be reserved for the top squad instead?

Besides, the Red Baron was a picker.  :neener:

For you skinners, this book has some great reference photos.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:21:13 PM by Enker »
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 02:54:01 AM »
There's lots of scope for WW1 skinners, especially for the Fokkers. I fancy doing a Fokker D VII with one of the lozenge camo schemes that were applied late war. On the whole the RFC stuff is not nearly as interesting, although there are a few Sopwith Camels with striped fuselages and the like.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 11:34:28 PM »
Haumptmann Adolf Ritter von Tutschek's DrI 404/17  JG II

"Sone after the formation of JG II, a mechanic stands ready to swing the prop on Adolf von Tutschek's DrI 404/17  Toulis. Another crewman prepares to hold down the tail as the engine starts, while von Tutschek's chief mechanic Uffz Balzer stands by the cockpit. At this time the Jasta 12 unit marking of a white cowling has been effected, but the black tail colouration has been applied only to the tailplane and rear fuselage, All cross-fields and the rudder remain white in this photograph, but later they would be reduced with black paint to produce the regulation white border around the crosses. Note the leader's streamer trailing from the lower wing and the works number 1988 on both interplane struts. A Morell airspeed indicator is mounted on the port strut. Just visible is the white cloth von Tutschek used for wiping his goggles, tucked under his shoulder harness"

'Haumptmann Adolf von Tutschek, who was officially credited with 27 aerial victories, was the Kommandeur of Jagdgeschwader II and is seen here in his Fokker DrI triplane, 404/17,the machine in which he was killed on 15 March 1918. It is marked with the colours of his old unit Jagdstaffel 12 - white nose cowling and black tail unit - although later the white cross backgrounds on rudder and fuselage were painted black, leaving only the regulation 5cm wide white border. Note the anemometer-type airspeed indicator on the port wing interplane strut and the wing-tip streamers attached to the lower wing trailing edge."

"After graduating from the Royal Bavarian Cadet School, von Tutschek's joined the 3rd Bayerischen Infantry Regiment in 1910. During the war, he distinguished himself in combat while serving in France and on the Eastern Front. Severely wounded during a gas attack at Verdun (his second wound of the war), von Tutschek was ill for months. When he recovered, he transferred to the German Air Force and after pilot training, served as a two-seater pilot with FA 6. On 25 January 1917, he was assigned to Jasta Boelcke as a scout pilot. Having scored three victories with this unit, he was given command of Jasta 12 on 28 April 1917. On 11 August 1917, von Tutschek was badly wounded in the right shoulder when his black-tailed Albatros D.V was shot down by Charles Booker of 8 Naval Squadron. Out of action for six months, he wrote his memoirs while recovering: Sturme and Luftsiege (Attack and Air Victories). On 1 February 1918, von Tutschek assumed command of Jagdgeschwader II. Mid-morning on 15 March 1918, the triplanes of JG II tangled with the Royal Flying Corps near Brancourt. Tutscheck was killed when his green Fokker DR.I (404/17) was shot down by an S.E.5a flown by South African ace Harold Redler."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:45:04 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 01:13:51 AM »
You know that is not a bad concept only the top ranked guy from the tour gets to have the most famous skins of the war & no one else. Might add some extra incentive for that arena. Plus when a red triplane shows up every one will know who it is just as they did back in WWI. All we need is Australian ground troops to shoot him down & then it will be historically correct. :bolt:

Funny you should say that... you know there was always a subdued gossip that no one shot the Baron down? The conspiracy went along the lines of aircraft structural failure which caused the crash and an Australian rifleman shot him in the back when he tried to extricate himself from the wreckage. Nothing can be proved (even six hours after the body was recovered) because the airplane was destroyed for souvenirs and the bullet that killed him stolen.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 11:46:08 AM »
Well I'm going to be working on this one.

Here's some info about Paul Baumer
http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/germany/baumer.php

HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »
LoL, thats the one I wanted to do. :) My favorite Dr.I.

You doing the early with the Maltese Crosses and no wingtip markings, or the later with the Balkenkreuz and Black-white-red wingtips?
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
Given my inexperience skinning I was going to do the later Balkenkreuz. But you tell me which you'd like to do, and I'll work on the other one.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »
Nah, all yours. Enough out there to go around. :)
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.