Author Topic: Development screenshots of new city.  (Read 13320 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Development screenshots of new city.
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »
I just got through reading 'Shot at and Missed' (google books) and came to realize that the three-ship formation HT has is historically accurate as a radar-based bombing mission so hitting strat like this is not only historically accurate but from a purist standpoint as close as you can get to history in flight simulations to date.  :old:

All the fur-whiners can suck on that one!  :neener:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
moin

any informations wen we will get these new citys?
would be realy great if we will get some nice ground ware in and around it  :O.

cu chris3

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2009, 03:21:43 PM »
On a more serious note
A suggestion.

A strat target like a spit or B17 factory  or some other high end plane that would effect the availability similar to what we had in air warrior.
Reason being is it would provide a reason to defend it.
Its my observation that with the exception of HQ. And not even always then. few people bother to up and tray to defend the strat targets. If you aint bombing a feild. people more often then not  are not interested in putting forth any real effort to defend it. As a result. Strat targets have become little more then places to milkrun and pad bomber scores as there is usually little to no resistance.

Perhaps tie such strat targets to a particular zone so as not to deny any given aircraft to the entire arena.
Orrr have a host of factory strat targets spread throughout representing many aircraft. Perhaps make them large enough that it would require a combined effort to completely reduce the availability of said aircraft rather then one lone set of lancs comming in and lone wolfing it.

This would provide bombers a real reason to bomb them. And the defenders a real reason to defend them

:aok that would be fun :aok
frogs are people too

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »
Detroiters have beaten you to it (well the knocking down part, anyway).

Also, come to think of it, tonight is Devil's Night -- so, perhaps a little more knocking down is underway as I type.

(I grew up in suburbs of Detroit.)

I should like to provide some gasoline and matches for tonights Detroit party....
 when yer done there maybe you can come to Los Angeles and light this dump up too  :neener:

Cheers all...

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »
I love the bombers in the game. Most of all at 8k to 15k when you are bound to run into fighters.

As if its only rooks flying bombers at 30k. :lol
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »
So by your own admission you are a gamer that hates gamers? Ha!  :rofl  ignored...
did i say that? nope. dont assume kid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
the only ones i see calling "bs" are the bomber guys that couldnt fly a fighter or hit water with it if they augered in to the ocean. just saying

Ok, I'll call it BS then.
That should snap the streak  ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:28:33 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
the only images most people have seen of it are b&w pics of burnt out shells which makes it hard to imagine the truly stunning city that stood there before.

+1 :aok

Tell me about it. Finding the pics I did was time consuming.
Plenty of pics of those places all bombed out though
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline rough_wood

• Zinc Member
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »
Hitech,

I'd like to request that the bridges be destroyable, and give them a fairly high value so they will be focused on as they were in the war.

For example, have the bridges decide time between train shipments, or have a high % in the city damage compared to the buildings, etc.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
did i say that? nope. dont assume kid

Yes you did (dont deny your own words nor assume Im a kid there dweeb). You just admitted that doing 'gamey' things with bombers is your idea of fun. Personally I love shooting holes in dweebs like you in fighters or bombers. Great fun!  :neener:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »
This is not AW.

This is not WB.

This is AH. What you found in either game you may have flown BEFORE this game, does not fit in this game. This game is very different. The gameplay dynamics are too diverse and fluid to have "spit factories" or the like.

IMO it's a bad idea and will lead to nothing but griefers, complainers, and porkers... all of which are the bad parts of AH IMO. Nothing positive comes from it.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »
Too bad the cities look so American. I have yet to see a European city or Asian city for that matter that was so 'block-ish', apart from Milton Keynes, but Milton Keynes NEVER counts!
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
This is not AW.

This is not WB.

This is AH. What you found in either game you may have flown BEFORE this game, does not fit in this game. This game is very different. The gameplay dynamics are too diverse and fluid to have "spit factories" or the like.

IMO it's a bad idea and will lead to nothing but griefers, complainers, and porkers... all of which are the bad parts of AH IMO. Nothing positive comes from it.

There are alot of similarities between AW and AH.
And we already have greifers complainers and porkers. Hell. your complaining now.
The only difference is where they greif, complain and pork.

Besides. if you dont like porkers. there is always the option of shooting them down.
Beleive it or not. this game IS NOT only about the furball. That was more early Air Warrior when only a small handfull of bases were capturable.

In my not so humble opinion. I think they would be a great addition. More options. Certainly make the game more interesting.

Thankfully. HTC doesnt base what it does based on your opinion. Or mine either for that matter. But for what they think is best for the game.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 12:43:59 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
The pictures above of the new city are great. Big improvement from what we have now. I keep seeing guys saying it could be better by not looking so American.

Give HTC a break. Its a huge improvement and I will be very happy with it.

besides, if HTC did buildings with pointy roofs you would hear guys complain about framerates. Once again its a balancing act to make the community happy. They could of just left the town as is. This will bring a lot to the game.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »
It'd do a lot of people a lot of good to compare where we're coming from to where we're going to instead of where we're going to to the real cities. Look at the buildings we have now; they're graphically dated and don't really look like anything that existed back then. Now the new ones; they're not graphically dated and don't really look like anything that existed back then.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.