Author Topic: Who has the bestest Sig?  (Read 11150 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Who has the bestest Sig?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »
oh my word, will you be my lawyer at my next court appearance?

You gone through all the legal aid lawyers already? :D

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »
You gone through all the legal aid lawyers already? :D
lmao almost  :devil  :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »
Anyone with the S.A.P.P. logo cant win.... :)
Strokes

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »
Except when the shorts I'm wearing pre-dates them :D

Ah so that's that lingering smell of a hoagi shop..... :rock

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 02:10:51 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »

hard to fight those that are avoiding the fight...becomes a mindset that your leader described...where "fighting" is looked upon as a disease... :furious  and only not fighting will cure it!  :uhoh
Thank you for your interest!

Sky

Thank you for your answers Skyrock.  I am saddened that you feel that the furball is the only viable activity in AH.  You are only participating in a narrow slice of the MA environment.  As you say, each to their own.  I enjoy it as much as you, just not every single logged on minute in AH.  I must take you to task on one thing though:  The Pigs do not avoid fights.  Whether you intended this straight forward or just implied, it is just not us. You know this.  So if you see us attacking a base, up and defend it, because we will fight.  Otherwise you folks give up your right to complain about "killing" the fight.  I look forward to fighting you Muppets on our next base take. :aok

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »
Thank you for your answers Skyrock.
 You are welcome.

I am saddened that you feel that the furball is the only viable activity in AH. 
Way
much to my dismay, I am forced to direct your attention to the difference between, viable...and honorable....

Sky

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »
If you want some real opposition call your missions out on 200 or private. I see lots of talk on this thread, if you want to do a pigs v Muppet's over a base let us know. We would be glad to send you to your pixelated doom.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2009, 03:06:21 PM »
If you want some real opposition call your missions out on 200
as much as i dont like most that are in jokers jokers, i seen joker himself do this a couple of times
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »
Thank you for your answers Skyrock.  I am saddened that you feel that the furball is the only viable activity in AH.  You are only participating in a narrow slice of the MA environment.  As you say, each to their own.  I enjoy it as much as you, just not every single logged on minute in AH.  I must take you to task on one thing though:  The Pigs do not avoid fights.  Whether you intended this straight forward or just implied, it is just not us. You know this.  So if you see us attacking a base, up and defend it, because we will fight.  Otherwise you folks give up your right to complain about "killing" the fight.  I look forward to fighting you Muppets on our next base take. :aok

:salute

Way

This “up and defend it” argument is such a crock.  

The context of this discussion is that there is an existing furball already in progress.  That means that the person in question that would be doing “the defending” would most likely be half a sector away from the town of the base that is on the verge of attack by a horde of 110's, n1k's, and sundry other cannon planes heading in NOE.  This “defending” person is most likely already engaged in a fight with someone else at the time that the NOE crosses the dar ring.  At this point, as a parenthesis, it is necessary to note that since this is an existing furball, the base under attack by the NOE is probably already flashing and most likely has been for quite a while so there is no warning that something is afoot.  (This of course is an extra appeal to the NOEers as they make their cowardly approach to shut down the fun of those evil furballers.)  Once the horde has begun to attack the town it only takes a few minutes to capture the base when 20+ planes and 5+ goons in the air and on the ground are involved.  The furballer, if he were inclined to defend the base, would need to live through disengaging with the person/ppl he is currently fighting, fly half a sector quickly enough, and to be most effective to prevent the capture, hunt the goons down all the while dodging HO after HO by cannon planes.  My point is that it is pretty much impossible to do anything against a horde that doesn’t want to fight, so the “defend it” argument is lame and moot.  Period.  

Whatever you do, don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about or that this does not happen because pretty much every time I log on it happens.  

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »
3) If the fight is important to those participating, why didn't the folks who wanted to keep it going fight off the attackers?

Because they were too busy shooting at other airplanes having fun to worry or care about toolshedders blowing up buildings in tanks.  They were probably just hoping somebody did care enough to stop them.

I do the base capture thing sometimes, usually when I'm incredibly bored and there's no fight.  It's never satisfying though, it's the same procedure ad nauseum every single time.  Absolutely zero depth to it, might as well play solitaire for $0.00 a month.  It's a 2 man job, and you basically need one more player for every player of opposition there is to accomplish the task.

Procedure:
1)Strafe ack
2)Bomb and Strafe Buildings
3)Make sure you got the church!  Make sure the maproom is strafed!
4)Drive truck to middle of town, salvo, open doors, hit B
5)Pat Self on Back, Move on to next base, Repeat.

And what does this accomplish?  A fake base captured for your chess piece in a fake war that nobody cares about except a few armchair generals?  And when you win the war, in all its glory, your reward: A few perks points and a swift disconnection to the desktop.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:31:28 PM by grizz441 »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
Triple post, what a newb.   :rofl
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:31:44 PM by grizz441 »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »
 You are welcome.
much to my dismay, I am forced to direct your attention to the difference between, viable...and honorable....

Sky

Point made.   corrected:  I am saddened that you feel that the furball is the only honorable activity in AH. 

Suns, you have flown with us you know what we are like.  I think it would be a darn good hoot to go at it with you guys.  You know that.

Sunbat the Pigs simply do not travel in a horde.  We rarely have more than 10-12 on at any given night, and usually about 3/4 involved in an organized attack.  We rarely NOE, unless badly outnumbered by the Rook or Bishop. Your argument does not stand up, as you are talking in general and I am discussing the Pigs.

Just for giggles- You don't know what you are talking about and this does not happen pretty much every time you log on. :rofl

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
Triple post, what a newb.   :rofl

Or what I like to call the Sideline Triangle. :rofl

Seriously though Grizz, your response is filled with mythology and generalizations.  I will tell you that furballing nonstop gets boring too brother.  We are not talking about a base take when noone is looking, we are talking about a base take where the action is heavy.  Two folks can't do it.  Yes there may be vehicles involved.  Let's leave tool-shedding out of this,  I kill cons, vehicles and take down buildings, hangars etc.  A bit more in-depth than just TnBing with airplanes nonstop.  Two things at once, I know it can be a challenge for some. :aok
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:40:17 PM by waystin2 »

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »
Wow this thread sure did go way off topic! Oh wait im doing it now hahahahahaha!  :bolt:
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!