Author Topic: You think F-15s are cool?  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Re: You think F-15s are cool?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 10:56:46 AM »
Even if the Russians had fielded a complete squadron of combat operational SU-37's, I'd still put my money on a squadron of F-15's to win the battle.
Considering in mock combat they had trouble with Su-27s, I would but my money on the Su-37. Sorry but its a nearly 40 year old design against a 15 year old design.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 11:01:32 AM »
You know better than that. Superior aircraft flown by expertly trained pilots, equiped with state of the art avionics and weapons = 200+ to none kill ratio.

Even if the Russians had fielded a complete squadron of combat operational SU-37's, I'd still put my money on a squadron of F-15's to win the battle.
Wow, 92 of them against prehistoric MiG21. And the rest against 20 year old barely maintained MiG29,I'm sure it was tough:)
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 11:23:46 AM »
What the hell are you talking about?
Su-27,Su-30,Su-35,Mig-29ovt.

The standard SU-27 does NOT have thrust vectoring. The SU-30, 35 are not in full scale production yet and when they do go into full production thrust vectoring will be an option for some of them. The Mig-29ovt is a technology demonstrator only and is not in full scale production.

That's what I am talking about. As of now they have 0 production super manuverability aircraft in active service. All the aircraft they have with that capability right now are technology demonstrators only with a handfull of excamples flying.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Viperius

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:48 AM »
Can't wait for this thread to turn into yet another F/A-22 pwns all debait.

Didn't take long  :rofl  and to throw even more gas into the fire, the best plane is useless when your soldiers on the ground can still be killed by 40y old assault rifles and rpg's  :neener:

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
Pwns all......... :rock :rock

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »
LOL I preffer the TIE Interceptor myself over the X-Wing. Tighter turn radius, faster exceleration, only downside is lack of shields but what the hell, it looks cooler than the X-Wing and that HAS to be factored in. :aok

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:19 PM »
why not just skip the 27 and the 37 and go with the inverted wing SU47 Berkut? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2p72ANEZA 
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
Wow, 92 of them against prehistoric MiG21. And the rest against 20 year old barely maintained MiG29,I'm sure it was tough:)

Keep the excuses flowing, you're going to need more soon. :aok

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 12:08:26 PM »
The standard SU-27 does NOT have thrust vectoring. The SU-30, 35 are not in full scale production yet and when they do go into full production thrust vectoring will be an option for some of them. The Mig-29ovt is a technology demonstrator only and is not in full scale production.

That's what I am talking about. As of now they have 0 production super manuverability aircraft in active service. All the aircraft they have with that capability right now are technology demonstrators only with a handfull of excamples flying.
"There is no strict set of guidelines an aircraft must meet or features it must have in order to be classified as supermaneuverable. However, as supermaneuverability itself is defined, an aircraft capable of performing maneuvers that are considered to be impossible using only aerodynamic maneuverability are evidence of an aircraft's supermaneuverability. Such maneuvers include Pugachev's Cobra and the Herbst maneuver (sometimes referred to as the "J-turn", but this term is ambiguous as it is also used in stunt driving on land).

However, some aircraft are capable of performing Pugachev's Cobra without the aid of features that normally provide post-stall maneuvering such as thrust vectoring. Advanced generation 4 and 4.5 fighters such as the Su-27 (which was the aircraft first used to execute the maneuver) and MiG-29 and their variants such as the Su-33 have been documented as capable of performing this maneuver using normal engines."wiki
So..Su-27 in service with thrust vectoring and w/o
Su-30 MKI (thrust vectoring) and its variants are already in Indian,Russian,chinese air forces :devil
Su-35 status shows(in production)?
And mig 29ovt...i was wrong
Still,little reseach now and then....maybe?

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
Keep the excuses flowing, you're going to need more soon. :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

Sorry, next time you compare sling shot to a missile,i wont say anything.
As for f22, 1 hour of flight/30 hours of service ratio, its just ridiculous

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
Sorry, next time you compare sling shot to a missile,i wont say anything.
As for f22, 1 hour of flight/30 hours of service ratio, its just ridiculous

:cry

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »
LOL I preffer the TIE Interceptor myself over the X-Wing. Tighter turn radius, faster exceleration, only downside is lack of shields but what the hell, it looks cooler than the X-Wing and that HAS to be factored in. :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

This goes for the entire TIE series:  Faulty inertial compensators....This is something that Sienar Fleet Systems
was never able to figure out....  
Ability to pull those tighter turns means
nothing if the pilot is going to be splattered all over the inside of the cockpit..  
On top of having absolutely no shielding, TIE cockpits aren't pressurized..  And finally: TIE pilots are as horrible at flying as Stormtroopers are at shooting....  :airplane: :joystick: :old:
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
I don't care how effective they may/may not be, but the Russians make some sexy planes   :devil :airplane:
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »
http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/planes/military/

Sukhoi's website. Little research huh?

Take a look at the SU-27, read the specs and history of the aircraft and tell me there are operational SU-27's flying with thrust vectoring. Prototypes yes, operational no.

The SU-30 has the OPTION of mounting thrust vectored engines but not all are equipped. Also the SU-30 isn't a "new" aircraft, mearly an updated SU-27UB, of which only a handfull were built, designed for export sales and production under liscense by India.

The SU-35 just had it's first flight back in Febuary 2009 and isn't schedualed for production until 2010. They moved it up from the last time I visited their website while having this discussion.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 01:10:09 PM »
I don't care how effective they may/may not be, but the Russians make some sexy planes   :devil :airplane:

That they are :aok