Author Topic: You think F-15s are cool?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: You think F-15s are cool?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »
That wouldn't be much of a problem... They don't have their control fins attached.  :devil
Minor detail!!! :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:53:11 PM by Slash27 »

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
Su-37 may be cool, but Russia just couldn't get em into mass production. It would be a SWEET fighter if they ever did actually make it, but I still think these are better  :)

too bad they only made one of these too :(

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »
I prefer to leave the opinon of Sukhois vs US Teen series fighers to the pros. Intersting training exercise, and I think used by the generals to argue even more for the need of the F22.

Unfortunately as great as the F22 is.. It's a fighter which is too expensive.  Ironically the Chinese could easily afford to buy a couple thousand just on the interest payments they receive from the US.

US air force learns from India

Agencies | June 24, 2004 16:49 IST

A recent training exercise with India has served as a "wake-up call" to the US Air Force, according to a top American general.

"We have to learn a lot of things from that," said General Hal Hornburg, head of the US Air Force's Air Combat Command, referring to the 'Cope India' exercise, conducted by the US and Indian air forces in Gwalior in February. "We have to learn if we want air superiority it doesn't come cheap and it's not automatic."

The Russian-made SU-30s are reported to have bested the USAF's F-15s in a majority of their engagements.

It pitted F-15Cs from the USAF's 3rd Wing out of Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska against a variety of Indian fighters like the Russian-made SU-30s, MiG-21s, MiG-29s and the French-made Mirage 2000s.

"In general, we may have learned some things that suggest we may not be as far ahead of the rest of the world as we once thought we were," he said.

He declined to discuss classified results of the exercise but said, "Something like Cope India, when we find that some of our advantages aren't as great as we thought they might be, leads me to remind people that we need to modernize our air-to-air capability."

Gen Hornburg said the results of the exercise showed the need for the F/A-22 Raptor and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Both aircraft are stealthier than the F-15.

The exercises showed that the SU-30s had a clear advantage over the F-15Cs in a long-range fight, the trade journal Aviation Week and Space Technology reported last month.

Gen Hornburg said the F-15Cs that took part in Cope India were not equipped with the latest radar.

"We are going to put new radars, as much as we can afford, in the F-16s and the F-15Es, and my prediction is we will have to do for the F-15C as well in due course," the general said.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »
I guess you can report me Flanker fanboi :aok
Fanboi.... What is wrong with you?
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 06:33:42 PM »
KgB...are you Russian? Just wondering...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
KgB...are you Russian? Just wondering...
Armenian, lived in Russia from 88 to 98.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:19:12 PM by KgB »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
Armenian, lived in Russia from 88 to 98.
Rgr, was just wondering why you were defending the planes so much, ty for the info. <S>
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »
Rgr, was just wondering why you were defending the planes so much, ty for the info. <S>
Russians or not, If i think he's wrong why shouldn't i say something?
I can be 100% right, but if it involves Russians I'm always on my own. Level of hatred is unbelievable, you can hate them all you want(I'm not a fan either), but least you can is to be fair:)
BTW  I gotta change my nickname, It brings out the cold war in you :lol

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 10:19:22 PM »
I can be 100% right, but if it involves Russians I'm always on my own. Level of hatred is unbelievable, you can hate them all you want(I'm not a fan either), but least you can is to be fair:)
Not saying you can't I was just wondering as you seemed to be defending the planes and country well. I don't hate at all, but as an American it is more likely I'll like my own planes better...personally have a love for the F-14 :P

FlyKommando.com

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
The F-15 went into service 31 years ago. Pretty darn good run for an air superiority fighter.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 11:15:14 PM »

How you see hatred in any of this is odd, but I don't know why you would not expect to get a little flak over your opinions. Its really just some friendly ball busting for my part, no hate to it. If you are taking it that personal then I'll lay off.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 12:59:02 AM »
How you see hatred in any of this is odd, but I don't know why you would not expect to get a little flak over your opinions. Its really just some friendly ball busting for my part, no hate to it. If you are taking it that personal then I'll lay off.
Russia is not my country. Even if it were, i cant tell you what you can or can't say.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 01:16:19 AM »
Im an Australian Englishman, so naturally I should be saying the Eurofighter and the Tornado AND the Harrier are the best.

But Russian Aircraft are more agile than any American aircraft and that is known to be fact. The USA has the advantage of being able to afford 28 million dollar radar sets that snipe 8 enemy aircraft from 500 miles away (exagerration but you get what I mean) but in terms of raw power and agility combined with outstanding firepower, the Russian aircraft industry builds aircraft with performance that outstrips the majority of youre frontline fighters (F-16's and 15's) with the exception of the F-22.

The superior K/D was achieved by a technological advantage and pilot skill, but in taking on a fully organized country with the modern aviaonics and targeting systems I think you would find the Flanker a superior aircraft.

Which is precisely why you developed the F-22. Q-E-D  :rock
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2009, 03:30:44 AM »
Id like to see the Super Hornets go against the SU-37.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 09:46:17 PM »
The F-15 went into service 31 years ago. Pretty darn good run for an air superiority fighter.
Well, 4 years and the F-22 is already getting pissed on because of its price tag. 31 years sure beats the hell out of the 4.  :cheers:
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.