Author Topic: Hangars and Ack Reupping  (Read 5593 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Hangars and Ack Reupping
« on: November 07, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »
So we up in formation heavy, fly to an enemy field, deack and drop the VH and work the town over, we even bust the resupply convoy. Oops, the goon gets shot down, so we reup another goon and bring it back in. What do you know, the VH is back up and the Ack has popped in less time than it takes to return to the field.
What kind of construction crew is working on these hangars, and how can I hire them?
Stuff is reupping waaaaay too quickly, which is kind of ridiculous IMO. Can we slow this process down, hitting the convoy doesn't seem to do it, and flying 200 miles to hit the strats on a fresh map is an exercise in futility. I'd be willing to bet if you compared the number of map resets and base takes now to what it was several years ago, the difference would be a staggering statistic.
Can we slow this popping down, or at least make the process more dependent on running field supplies or something. I haven't seen a war won in years, and this is probably why.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Hangars and Ack Reupping
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »
I haven't seen a war won in years, and this is probably why.
-Twitchy

Just because you didn't see it, it doesn't mean it did not happen ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
That's true. Would be interesting to compare then and now though, does Hitech retain any of that information?
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:07:15 PM »
So we up in formation heavy, fly to an enemy field, deack and drop the VH and work the town over, we even bust the resupply convoy. Oops, the goon gets shot down, so we reup another goon and bring it back in. What do you know, the VH is back up and the Ack has popped in less time than it takes to return to the field.
What kind of construction crew is working on these hangars, and how can I hire them?
Stuff is reupping waaaaay too quickly, which is kind of ridiculous IMO. Can we slow this process down, hitting the convoy doe
sn't seem to do it, and flying 200 miles to hit the strats on a fresh map is an exercise in futility. I'd be willing to bet if you compared the number of map resets and base takes now to what it was several years ago, the difference would be a staggering statistic.
Can we slow this popping down, or at least make the process more dependent on running field supplies or something. I haven't seen a war won in years, and this is probably why.
-Twitchy

A whine has been recorded.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
I'm sure HTC has it, and if it is available to the public Lusche will have a graph up in a minute or two   :D

The time things pop hasn't changed, the way the game is played has. Protect your goons better. Have the goons fly in over 10k, and dive down to drop troops. If you leave the FH up all the action will be low and at the base. Goon only dives in when you get control of the area.

Play the game in stead of gaming the game and things might be more fun for everyone.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »
That's true. Would be interesting to compare then and now though, does Hitech retain any of that information?

There are no such numbers available.

The number and frequency of "won wars" has been reduced considerably a few years ago. But not due to any change of downtimes (there was none), or increased ack on fields, but mainly because of the changed requirements for winning the war.

And this change was a good one for gameplay and badly needed. Once all it needed was to get one country down to 3-5 bases, and being the country that had captured most of them. The result was a continuous race for reset that simply consisted of two "big" countries constantly ganging on the smaller one.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
A whine has been recorded.
Puberty is a tough time, I totally understand your need to lash out. I'm here for you man.  :aok
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 01:27:15 PM »
There are no such numbers available.

The number and frequency of "won wars" has been reduced considerably a few years ago. But not due to any change of downtimes (there was none), or increased ack on fields, but mainly because of the changed requirements for winning the war.

And this change was a good one for gameplay and badly needed. Once all it needed was to get one country down to 3-5 bases, and being the country that had captured most of them. The result was a continuous race for reset that simply consisted of two "big" countries constantly ganging on the smaller one.
I agree with you on the War winning requirements, but I think the increase of ack on the field is a huge factor, deacking is now just about impossible. Yeah it prevents the vulch fests that so many players were whining about, but upping from a field with enemy cons swarming over it was masochistic to begin with.
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »
I think the frequency of "winning teh war" has decreased lately due to one factor:

The two countries with the numbers are always ganging the third country instead of capturing bases needed for the "win."

Last week, nits backed into a corner with 6 or 7 bases(?) and only one or two rook/bish fights going on.

Last night, rooks down 15-25 in numbers and no nit/bish fights.

Is it really about "winning teh war" at all?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »
I agree with you on the War winning requirements, but I think the increase of ack on the field is a huge factor, deacking is now just about impossible. Yeah it prevents the vulch fests that so many players were whining about, but upping from a field with enemy cons swarming over it was masochistic to begin with.

Incredibly, another whine has been recorded.

BTW, there are a lot of squads out there that can deack a base in less than 2 mins. Of course they have 40 ppl doing it, but that's uber and to be envied. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »
Puberty is a tough time, I totally understand your need to lash out. I'm here for you man.  :aok
FAILED!! attempt at bashing someone for pointing out the obvious has been record.

oh and +1 on the whine :)

have a good day
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 02:35:57 PM »
Incredibly, another whine has been recorded.

BTW, there are a lot of squads out there that can deack a base in less than 2 mins. Of course they have 40 ppl doing it, but that's uber and to be envied. 
ive deacked bases with a spit 16 in less than 2 mins by myself.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »
Too many possibilities there to blame it on the hangars and ack reup time.
Coulda been some base and town resupplying done while the goon was enroute.  Could be the attack took longer than you realized.  There are others, just don't care enough to do alot of research....... :neener:

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
Bipolar... I'm so glad they got rid of corporal punishment in public schools, man kind doesn't deserve to make it IMO, and the inevitable collapse of this class based civilization will owe itself in part to your personna type. I salute you, if only to feed the egocentric motivation you find so appealing.
I think making the hangars and ack reupping to be more dependent on a resupply would be theraputic, giving us some kind of recourse to keep the base supressed would encourage a little more teamwork on both sides of the attack.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »
Bipolar... I'm so glad they got rid of corporal punishment in public schools, man kind doesn't deserve to make it IMO, and the inevitable collapse of this class based civilization will owe itself in part to your personna type. I salute you, if only to feed the egocentric motivation you find so appealing.
I think making the hangars and ack reupping to be more dependent on a resupply would be theraputic, giving us some kind of recourse to keep the base supressed would encourage a little more teamwork on both sides of the attack.
-Twitchy
Twitch, you might need to go out tonight. Go talk with people, see that there is a real world besides AH. You take this game way too serious. And its people such as yourself that created my "persona". Think about it.

And what in all of hell does resupplying bases and my so called "ego" have to do with school punishment?  :headscratch: