Author Topic: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2009, 12:33:58 PM »
I do believe this discussion is nothing but a disguise for people want to make their plane which has a low fuel capacity better.

Take the current sugestion of 100%

1. This would severely hurt the long range planes, because they normally would have arrived at the fight with much less fuel.
2. It assumes that long range fighters would always load 100% even if they were being used in a short mission roll. (They would not have)

HiTech

2x fuel burn is a disguise for people who want to make their plane which has a high fuel capacity better.

1. It severely hurts the short range planes, because they normally would have plenty of fuel to reach a competitive altitude.
2. It assumes that long range fighters would always have the luxury of having drained the auxiliary tanks before the chance of combat.

So there. :neener:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »
let me get this right,

you think everyone should have the same amount of fuel as each other because we all pay the same amount of money

I just want the same service as I paid (I'm no more a customer) the same amount as others.

The fbm ,the arena split ,the dismiss of ToD among other reasons made me ending my subscription and tho my support of Hitech Creation
 (add to this the only day where AH was like it used to be for me : titanic tuesday is the day I play handball) as I'm not any more concerned by any arena setup as I'll not discuss further this matter.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
I do believe this discussion is nothing but a disguise for people want to make their plane which has a low fuel capacity better.

1. This would severely hurt the long range planes, because they normally would have arrived at the fight with much less fuel.
2. It assumes that long range fighters would always load 100% even if they were being used in a short mission roll. (They would not have)

HiTech

I guess the cube metaphor was too complex for you to understand ?

oh btw ... goodbye and thank for the fish.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »

HiTech

It always seems to end up with 3 - 4 discussions criss crossing the debate.  

For me blunting the effect of fuel porkage ( to max limit of 75% max internal fuel capacity) resolved any effect that x 2 FBM had on the game play choices. It removed field fuel attrition from game play IMO maybe that was not such a bad idea. But (if field fuel attrition should ever return) there are "other" methods of rationing fuel than the one in use now.
Ludere Vincere