Author Topic: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
How's about having a normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas instead of the x2 nonsense?

:cool:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas please.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 02:03:06 PM »
So you can fly across the map twice?

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »
No, so the shorter-endurance fighters can fly more realistic sorties.

Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 02:22:46 PM »
No, so the shorter-endurance fighters can fly more realistic sorties.

So we should also want sorties to be of a more realistic duration?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:27:56 PM »
Translation: Spit gets poor gas mileage :D
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »
Translation: Spit gets poor gas mileage :D
Spit VIII does fine.

Really hurts the perked Spit XIV though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »
How's about having a normal fuel burn rate in the main arenas instead of the x2 nonsense?

How about flying historic throttle/power (realistic) settings?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 03:04:48 PM »

I agree completley.   Some planes range is so short as to be a joke.

2x burn rate really punishes any plane that does not have a drop tank option.

Back in Air Warrior I used to love flying the La5, I flew it a few runs almost every shift.  Yet in Aceshigh with the fuel burn rate at 2x I never fly it.   I'm sorry but 21min of fuel is not much.....AND YES I am well aware that you can trim back RPM's and Throttle ....this adds a whoping 4min of flight time!! ....lame

Frankly the whole 2x burn is "Gamey" ....our bullets dont fly twice as fast? ....our planes dont fly twice as fast?  ...yet our fuels runs away from us?
lame

Helm ...out

XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »
Frankly the whole 2x burn is "Gamey" ....our bullets dont fly twice as fast? ....our planes dont fly twice as fast?  ...yet our fuels runs away from us?
lame

It will be even more gamey when you see massive hordes of Spit16s and Lgays flying 2+ sectors away, lingering, and dominating a furball and returning back to base. Keep fuel burn rate as is.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »
It will be even more gamey when you see massive hordes of Spit16s and Lgays flying 2+ sectors away, lingering, and dominating a furball and returning back to base. Keep fuel burn rate as is.

No, it won't.  How is seeing planes being able to fly 50 miles (like they can IRL!!) more gamey than limiting them to fly 25 miles, UNLIKE real life?

Let's face it, many planes are hampered by this, especially the Non-USA rides.  You want to see more planes from countries other than the USA?  Then drop the fuel burn.  I guarantee the number of 109s will shoot up.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
Fine move the bases further apart to simulate longer flight times. :rolleyes:
See Rule #4

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »
 drop fuel burn to 1 and bring back fuel porking to 25 %  :x

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:59:04 PM »
Let's face it, many planes are hampered by this,

And this is exactly what fuel burn 2.0 is for. It's there because the distances on map are compressed as well.

There were long range & short range fighters in WW2. The Pony could go where the Spitfire could not That was one of it's main advantages in WWII, and so it is in AH. 109's couldn't effectively protect the bombers in Battle of Britain because of their short combat endurance.
Range is just another performance characteristic of a plane as speed or climb rates are. With "normal" fuel burn, this performance difference will be lost. There will be no more "long range" and "short range" planes in AH when short ranged interceptors can go anywhere.
And I doubt that it would lead to more "variety" either. Spit 16 and La-7 are among the most used planes in AH anyway (check the stats). Double their range and a lot of longer range planes will get dropped by their players - no reason to select them if a 16 or La7 can go anywhere.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »
No, it won't.  How is seeing planes being able to fly 50 miles (like they can IRL!!) more gamey than limiting them to fly 25 miles, UNLIKE real life?

Let's face it, many planes are hampered by this, especially the Non-USA rides.  You want to see more planes from countries other than the USA?  Then drop the fuel burn.  I guarantee the number of 109s will shoot up.

You need to realize that the world of AH in the MAs are scaled down! HTC intended for this to be like this. Why did they do this? To confine the fights to nearby bases so people of all backgrounds can find a fight close by. With fights close by, more people are more happy because they dont have to wait so long to climb to altitude and fly for 15+ minutes just to get there.

If you make fuel burn set to normal, youre just going to find more hording spits, lgays, and typhies swarming around the maps. There is already enough of these planes in the cartoon air as it is. The average distance between bases are roughly 25 miles apart. If you want it more realistic, then move the bases further apart to simulate longer flight time in WW2. Then you can have your realism.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »
Not to mention that with a 1.0 fuel burn, planes like the P-51 would never carry more than 25% internal.  It would practically boost the performance of one of the best performing planes in the game.

I'd suggest a better technique is to pull some power when you don't need it.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech