Author Topic: Question....  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Ramon

• Copper Member
Re: Question....
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »
Is the game bad??  Is it fun and enjoyable?  Here is an old story, maybe you have heard it:

A man walking toward a village meets another man leaving the village and asks:  Is that a nice village with nice people in it?  The other man replies with a question "Well traveler how is the village where you are from?  Is it a nice village with nice people in it?"  To which he replies "No, it is full of grouchy gits who never have a kind word."  The man said "I don't think you will like the village ahead, it is full of those type people"  The man goes on to the village and finds it is true.

The next day another man walking toward the same village meets the same man leaving the village and asks:  Is that a nice village with nice people in it?  The other man replies with the same question "Well traveler how is the village where you live?  Is it a nice village with nice people in it?"  To which he replies "Definitely, the people are all nice and helpful to strangers.  They all keep their places nice and presentable."  The man said "Go on in friend, I think you will like the village ahead, it is full of those type people"  The man goes on to the village and finds it is true.

Moral of the story...well, you know.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »
  5pointoh, I see you probably posted today due to the terrible Tuesday doldrums. Last night was lousy for me and it was hard to find a fight that wasn't defending against a horde or being in one. Time for a new map perhaps where the fronts are more defined not all these island bases where we take one then they take one behind our back. The most fun I had last night was in a mission with pretty strong opposition.  :salute Not too many missions are posted anymore. Used to be constant missions upping.  :airplane:
    Wish there were more special events at other times. Never seem to be able to be on at the right time.  :headscratch:

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 08:13:16 AM »
Copr, it's not the game, it's the weather.  Suck it up man.  :joystick:  :airplane:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »
So here's my questions, what do others do to keep the excitement and fun in the MA and am I the only one feeling this way lately?  As of right now I am only looking forward to FSOs and the scenarios. 
Stop and smell the roses once in a while. 

I love airplanes.  Often, on landing rollout, I'll go external and pan around my plane.  The skinning crew has done some amazing work.  There is a lot of guys out there down on bombers, but I like to do the same external viewing in flight.

Good fights come along often enough to keep me coming back.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »
I have very limited time to play during the week. In a way, that is a good thing. I play mostly Friday nights, and Saturday squad night. Usually, I've got other hobbies or work to be done (usually outside somewhere on these 10 acres), and I spend time with family. It would drive me absolutely nuts to sit in my chair absorbed into AH constantly.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »
You can always come fly with the 82nd for a couple nights Copr. A change of pace on our side of the field.

:aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
I take time off from the game to play other games or do other things. Sometimes for a couple 3 months at a time.

Same here, and same feelings as you Nath about the game.  The maps have been pretty boring as of late. I did have fun fighting you 5 PT...you with your 116 or Brewster & me in an FM2.  That was a blast, though it was kinda weird fighting my old squaddie.  Way too few of these engagements though!   :salute
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:03:19 AM by Hawk55 »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 08:59:03 AM »
You can always come fly with the 82nd for a couple nights Copr. A change of pace on our side of the field.

He's taken
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »
He's taken

Not trying to take him from the TFC Buster, relax mate.
 :neener:

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »
 :lol

I'm kidding
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »
Soulution = Buy Modern Warfare 2 :)

It's ruling my life now.  But its so fun.  Suggest you get it and get on Multi-player.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
Besides AH I am in the Army of Muppets Clan in Server based games with Kappa.

We play Joint Operations:  Typhoon Rising/Escalation, Left 4 Dead/2 and the new COD game.   I haven't picked up the new COD game, but may after I get some feedback from my fellow Muppets who are similar in game expectations.

I also spend time with my Family, Volunteer in Restorations at the Yankee Air Museum and Wheel in my Grand Cherokee with my Jeep Club.   

Right now, I am with Lute's Squad and love it.   I just need to get a week or so of L4D2 out of my system.   Variety is the spice of life.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 12:42:20 PM »
if hordes are part of the problem, i've found that sometimes, if you hang just on the outside edge of one of those furballs, and co-alt, someone will notice, and exit that fight....for a good 1-1-
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »
Answer:

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »
well I have found the game to be great, YES most players have the Horde mentality,  So first I find the biggest red dar I can find, if there are none on the country I am on, I switch to the country who is being "horded", then I take up a Hurri2C, 16, LA7, or some other monster and attack the "horde"  there is nothing better then to attack 5 to 20(or more) red guys with NO friendlies around you, seriously it is a blast,  you need to be a really good shot to be truly effective, alas, I am a horrible shot so I am not very effective, but it will give you a rush like nothing else in this game.   (unless of course you find it exciting to be one of 10 guys on a single con...)

Now mind you, if you want to be good at this, Aim is most important, gotta be able to pull off very quick shots and get the kill, 
Me?  Aim  :rofl   I suk hard, but yet I still get my killz, that lone AFK is sweet :D 

What's even better is when they actually complain about the ride your in, or "stick stirring" because 7 guys take 10 minutes to kill ya, and those 7 guys were 10   :rofl

I have been flying like this(for the most part) since 03-04, the other day I ran into 3 spits, within 4 min, they all went to the Tower, I had been flying the spit-16 for a couple hours against the Horde, and was targeting good, every time I fired, I killed one of them.

I am not bragging, just stating a fact, if I have not been fighting the horde these last few years I would not have been able to do that. 

I cant ever remember this game getting stale, except when I was in my first squad, and they were always in the "Horde" :lol

This game is what you make of it,   Have fun man,   what is fun to you?   

INK