Author Topic: Question....  (Read 2291 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Re: Question....
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »
The harder it gets to take fields and make progress in the war aspect of the game, the more monotonous it's going to become. Furballing is great for the first year or two, but people eventually want to feel as though they're accomplishing something. The fun factor now, compared to what it was with AH1 before all this whiner catering came about, is way down for everybody.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
The harder it gets to take fields and make progress in the war aspect of the game, the more monotonous it's going to become. Furballing is great for the first year or two, but people eventually want to feel as though they're accomplishing something. The fun factor now, compared to what it was with AH1 before all this whiner catering came about, is way down for everybody.
-Twitchy

Obviously not "Every one" :aok

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »
-Twitchy

Speak for yourself. Furballing will suffice until Hitech shuts down AH.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 01:40:36 PM »
Obviously not "Every one" :aok
Sorry, Cherry Pickers excepted of course, as usual.  :neener:
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:06 PM »
Speak for yourself. Furballing will suffice until Hitech shuts down AH.

Furballing will take on a whole new form with the WWI arena.  :rock
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »
Sorry, Cherry Pickers excepted of course, as usual.  :neener:

R joo insinuating I am a "cherry Picker"?   

if so Joo r wrong :D

what is a "cherry picker" ?   

well a picker is someone who "picks" an nme con off of a friendlies 6,    IE:  "Picker"
 now when we add "cherry" to the word "picker",  cherry denotes "new"
so a "cherry Picker" is shooting "new guys off of a friendlies 6"             

all of these things Yes I have done, I have even vulched(like once in 4 years,finally getting over my ill stomach thank you), but to say that I am a "Cherry Picker" is seriously erroneous. :P

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »
-Twitchy

If your speaking for those unable to be successful in a furball..... you may be right.

For all others... not so much.

All I require is one air base to up from.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »
but people eventually want to feel as though they're accomplishing something.
-Twitchy

Everytime I ruin an airplane (mine or theirs) I feel that I have accomplished something.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
The harder it gets to take fields and make progress in the war aspect of the game, the more monotonous it's going to become.
That's the bottom line guys. The MA has become huge dueling arena, and alot of folks are starting to wear out on it.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »
Lately I have been finding AH dull.  I've been tried everything from flying high ENY planes, to GVing using M8s, to dogfighting in TBMs and SBDs.  Currently my squaddies are are the only thing that motivates me to fly.

It seems that I am having trouble finding fun in the MAs as of late. The same maps come up over and over, which produce the exact same fights from week to week.  I see a lot of horde vs horde tactics, pick and run, gang and run.  Even had I guy tell me he doesn't fight unless he has the advantage.  Which really just blew my mind. 

It also seems that the quality of the fights have gone down.  Example:  I seen a large darbar at a rook field.  I was already in a Brewster so I head over there to see what is going on.  I see 6-7 spitfires upping.  I look around and its just me.  Then here come the 6-7 spits all fighting each other for the assist.    :rolleyes:

So here's my questions, what do others do to keep the excitement and fun in the MA and am I the only one feeling this way lately?  As of right now I am only looking forward to FSOs and the scenarios. 

If you find yourself getting tired of a game, just take a break from playing it.  It's almost certain that you'll want to come back to it after a week or so.

Don't force yourself to play something you don't want to play.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
Lately I have been finding AH dull.  I've been tried everything from flying high ENY planes, to GVing using M8s, to dogfighting in TBMs and SBDs.  Currently my squaddies are are the only thing that motivates me to fly.

It seems that I am having trouble finding fun in the MAs as of late. The same maps come up over and over, which produce the exact same fights from week to week.  I see a lot of horde vs horde tactics, pick and run, gang and run.  Even had I guy tell me he doesn't fight unless he has the advantage.  Which really just blew my mind. 

It also seems that the quality of the fights have gone down.  Example:  I seen a large darbar at a rook field.  I was already in a Brewster so I head over there to see what is going on.  I see 6-7 spitfires upping.  I look around and its just me.  Then here come the 6-7 spits all fighting each other for the assist.    :rolleyes:

So here's my questions, what do others do to keep the excitement and fun in the MA and am I the only one feeling this way lately?  As of right now I am only looking forward to FSOs and the scenarios. 

If you find yourself getting tired of a game, just take a break from playing it.  It's almost certain that you'll want to come back to it after a week or so.

O o

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »
LOL how would you know what the DA is like anyway?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 02:28:28 PM »

O o

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »
[snip]

O o

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »
LOL how would you know what the DA is like?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.