Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27565 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 06:54:35 AM »
Not a single reply in regards to the topic or the OP, just all smart aleks and personal attacks. Classy forum you got going here guys, classy. Game's great as always, this forum is another matter. Flame on fellers, this isn't a potw thread, it's about the base takers/furballers debate that is currently raging and IMO breaking the game up. Thanks for replying though, jerks.
Anyways, too many aces and not enough pilots. Team Players are are far and few between and all that's left of us are called toolshedders now. That's sad really. But I think you're going to find a silent majority is still wanting to return to the war and team oriented aspects of the game, more than you think.
-Twitchy
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 07:30:28 AM »
it's about the base takers/furballers debate that is currently raging and IMO breaking the game up.

If that were true, the game would have died YEARS ago. This is not the first time this subject has surfaced, and I see Aces High is still here after many years of the same arguement. And the "Song the Doesn't End" will come back in another few months. You wait. Seen it before. :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 07:37:10 AM »
I think I speak for everyone here when I say "not another fcuking PoTW thread".

:rofl dude.......metinks you may wanna edit.......... :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 07:40:36 AM »
Not a single reply in regards to the topic or the OP, just all smart aleks and personal attacks. Classy forum you got going here guys, classy. Game's great as always, this forum is another matter. Flame on fellers, this isn't a potw thread, it's about the base takers/furballers debate that is currently raging and IMO breaking the game up. Thanks for replying though, jerks.
Anyways, too many aces and not enough pilots. Team Players are are far and few between and all that's left of us are called toolshedders now. That's sad really. But I think you're going to find a silent majority is still wanting to return to the war and team oriented aspects of the game, more than you think.
-Twitchy

i'm a team player.

i fly with my squaddies when they manage to find me(i hide  :noid). i fly and play for the low numbers team. i use teamwork to help a countryman when he's in need.

i'm in this game for fun, relaxation, and an escape from the rigors of doing what others expect of me.

you have erself a nice day.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:55 AM »
-Twitchy

Simple solution, don't like it?  Leave.  It's not like the rest of us are going to change
to appease you.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 07:50:32 AM »
     Simple solution, don't like it?  Leave.  It's not like the rest of us are going to change
to appease you.

but....but.....we all must like spanky....eerr....sparky..... .twinkie........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:23 AM »
Oink Dynasty 2000-2008

-Twitchy
Founder of the Mighty
Pigs on the Wing

Pretty young squad.  Us AK's been doing that since 1991.  You have alot to learn yet.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »
Here's my take on it...

An Early Translation:
Pigs travel in a HERD, they eat until not is left but mud and their excrement, and then they move on to eat again, their oinks eching on the text buffers beneath them. It is the only way a Pig can be, for he is a Pig and naught else seems right to him but the bloody bishrook mud he leaves behind and the other Pigs around him. If you're not flying with us, you are that mud.
-Emperor Twitchy
from the
Oink Dynasty 2000-2008

-Twitchy
Founder of the Mighty
Pigs on the Wing

and all this time I was being told that Pigs(swine, pork, etc ) are the Scavengers of the land, like shrimp ...etc... are scavengers of the oceans.........

I guess there is a new twist ( or Twitch? ) with Pigs on The Wing, being Scavengers of the Sky?   :cheers:  :bolt:  ( I hope you take this reply, all in good humor )

oh, edit: almost forgot

TC aka TequilaChaser ----> Flame Keeper of the "Damned" Dynasty 1988 ~ 2009  :old:  :aok
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:00:32 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »
The problem with the base taker mentality is that the MA capture game resembles war in only the vaguest sense, and most war "winners" are essentially using sledgehammers to smash flies all the time.

FSO, scenarios, snapshots are all designed to resemble the air war as closely as possible. They are not dominated by the squads who concentrate on toolshedding down bases, suicide porking, or NOE smash and grab. They are consistently dominated by those individuals and squads who have focused on developing the very personal skill needed to actually achieve the prerequisite to any other goal in warfare since WWI-air superiority against actual resistance.

IOW, "Furballers".
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »
The problem with the base taker mentality is that the MA capture game resembles war in only the vaguest sense, and most war "winners" are essentially using sledgehammers to smash flies all the time.

FSO, scenarios, snapshots are all designed to resemble the air war as closely as possible. They are not dominated by the squads who concentrate on toolshedding down bases, suicide porking, or NOE smash and grab. They are consistently dominated by those individuals and squads who have focused on developing the very personal skill needed to actually achieve the prerequisite to any other goal in warfare since WWI-air superiority against actual resistance.

IOW, "Furballers".

I USE electric fly swatters to kill flies. watch THEM try to fly missing a wing..... :bolt: :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 10:20:43 AM »
Your original post said nothing more than I'm a pig, and we destroy everything in our path and leave nothing behind. So basically "We're the best and the rest of you suck", or as a few other have pointed out "Hey look at me!"  :rolleyes:

On the other hand if you want to discuss the furballers/landgrabbers issue we can do that too.

Personally I think the labels are interpreted wrong. Furballers like a fight, and most land grabbers do too, its the "hordes" that give land grabbers a bad name. If a big squad launched a mission with a purpose of something other than "lets steam roll this base next" even the furballers might be able to get along with them.

I hope that most landgrabber, or base capture type squads enjoy the challenge of capturing a base as apposed to just grabbing one with no opposition. Those that grab bases just for the sake of "stealing" a base might as well just go play sim city or some other game. On the other hand if you like a fight this is the game for you. Everything is set-up to generate fights. Yes there are ways around it, but being as it is the internet's premier COMBAT game why avoid combat?

Combat=good, hordes=bad

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:34 AM »
I'm a bacon guy myself.
I'm eating bacon right now.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »
Here's my take on it...

Henceforth, my sleepless nights, spent wondering what you thought, can end.

Thank you.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
I am a clown, we travel together typically in one car. I am a clown. We laugh, joke, steal Shamus's kill, listen to the Banana Phone song at crazy volumes.  We don't need to say "oink" or make threads everyweek to self glorify ourselves, and its total hell trying to fit giant shoes on rudder peddles.  I am a clown.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver