Author Topic: Furballers VS Base Takers  (Read 27339 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: Furballers VS Base Takers
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »
I have a feeling these will never stop.  But I am having ham for Thanksgiving, 1 pig down!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »
Where's the PigStompers when you need em.  SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE  :lol
As a former Pigstomer please refrain from posting that in any PoTW thread. Wouldn't want them to be painted with the same dweeb brush.  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:25:20 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »
Frankly,
I like all the activities available in AH. On the topic of hoards, because of the numbers, its often a necessity. For example, last night. When I upped to fight, I was always ganged by 20+ cons. So, I organized with many of my squadies and did a fighter sweep, so that at least I could stand a chance.  You could be the best cartoon pilot in AH but you wont have any  success if after the first merge you have a small airforce chasing you around.

I think these issues could be solved by introducing  a limit to the number of airplanes available at one field. For example, if a small field could only have 30 planes operational at one time. This would spread the fight out. No more hoards of 100+ airplanes attacking one base.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
The real war is FSO and scenarios all the rest is just practice.
my 2 cents
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »
Here's my take on it...

An Early Translation:
Pigs travel in a HERD, they eat until not is left but mud and their excrement

I believe the word you are looking for (or should be looking for) here is "naught"...not "not".  :)

BTW cupcake, pigs are also cannibals (they are even known to eat their own young) and they eat crap (yah...real, live porcine fecal matter). Sorry dude, just stating the facts. You might wanna stop laying your private parts out on the chopping block.  :devil

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »
I believe the word you are looking for (or should be looking for) here is "naught"...not "not".  :)

BTW cupcake, pigs are also cannibals (they are even known to eat their own young) and they eat crap (yah...real, live porcine fecal matter). Sorry dude, just stating the facts. You might wanna stop laying your private parts out on the chopping block.  :devil

:rofl

OWNED!!!!
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »
Got 1 page into this forum b4 I quit reading..   Bunch of big babies.... :cool:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 05:06:50 PM »
 :rolleyes:
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »
As a former Pigstomer please refrain from posting that in any PoTW thread. Wouldn't want them to be painted with the same dweeb brush.  

Well, I had been sqweeeing on 200 after killing pigs recently.  That's the sound a dying pig makes right?  My counter to the victory oinks.   :aok

Not a single reply in regards to the topic or the OP, just all smart aleks and personal attacks. Classy forum you got going here guys, classy. Game's great as always, this forum is another matter. Flame on fellers, this isn't a potw thread, it's about the base takers/furballers debate that is currently raging and IMO breaking the game up. Thanks for replying though, jerks.
Anyways, too many aces and not enough pilots. Team Players are are far and few between and all that's left of us are called toolshedders now. That's sad really. But I think you're going to find a silent majority is still wanting to return to the war and team oriented aspects of the game, more than you think.
-Twitchy

Twitchy, here's my take on land grabbing...

The maps are too big to land grab and win the war.  They reset the maps weekly if a war hasn't been won (which is never on big maps) so what's the point?  Why spend so much time taking bases again and again when it accomplishes nothing?

The small maps are another story.  You could actually accomplish something in a night on a small map and I actually could see the fun in trying to win the war.  Of course the other side of the coin to that is, the maps are so small there is much more opposition condensed into small areas so it makes taking bases exponentially more difficult.

Thoughts?

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »

The maps are too big to land grab and win the war.  They reset the maps weekly if a war hasn't been won (which is never on big maps) so what's the point?  Why spend so much time taking bases again and again when it accomplishes nothing?

The small maps are another story.  You could actually accomplish something in a night on a small map and I actually could see the fun in trying to win the war.  Of course the other side of the coin to that is, the maps are so small there is much more opposition condensed into small areas so it makes taking bases exponentially more difficult.

Thoughts?
I agree, the big map are too big to reset normally, its worth a try on the small maps though.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »

Remove some of the bases, spread them out and mix the countries bases more for more 3 way fighting/base stealing.  ?

<S>

Grind
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:39:45 PM by Grind »
“All your base are belong to us”

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »

Thoughts?

I thought i farted, but.......................... .......... :bolt: :noid :bolt: :noid :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
Well, I had been sqweeeing on 200 after killing pigs recently.  That's the sound a dying pig makes right?  My counter to the victory oinks.   :aok

Thoughts?

Grizz alot of what you say is true, but here's the problem like you said, they will never be able to keep the Map Size/Player numbers to match anything close to having a winnable Map, And quiet frankly i don't see comparing Furballers to BaseTakers, there not the same gameplay, Each side has there own merits, and opinions about the other ones play.

Theres two ways to basetake and theres two ways to furball, and i think we all know what they are. And on a side note Hey Das Muppets id love to fly in the DA with a few of you, my fighter skills are just off now for some reason, maybe just need a few good pointers  i dunno :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:39:45 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »
 They reset the maps weekly if a war hasn't been won (which is never on big maps) so what's the point?  

It's rare, but not never. Last week a big map (ozkansas) was won in LWO (No, not a TT reset).
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
 :o
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"