Author Topic: when the war is won?  (Read 681 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
when the war is won?
« on: November 28, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
I can't seem to get a handle on what happens when the other side (or my side)wins the war and I am in the air. What exactly happens to the base possession and what happens as far as scoring goes. Thanks in advance.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: when the war is won?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
When the war is won, all the base possessions rotate or something...causing your once "home" base into an "enemy" base.  And you only have 4 minutes to fly across the map.  Really sucks when that happens  :furious
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
All bases change ownership into "default" (determined during map). That may or may not result in the base below you changing ownership.

If you are still in air when the arena resets ("host connection lost"), your current sortie doesn't count for score purposes. You will not lose any perk points. (Of course, you won't gain any from kills made during that sortie too). Your kills made during this sortie are not lost for for stats purposes, as the stats database is updated in real-time during the sortie.
So if you find yourself deep in enemy territory in a 262 - just stay alive until the reset boots you from arena.

IF you have been part of the winning country for at least 12 hours before the reset (and played during that period) you will get the perks (25 per category) for winning the war. You don't have to be online the very moment the war is actually won.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 06:48:57 PM »
All bases change ownership into "default" (determined during map). That may or may not result in the base below you changing ownership.

If you are still in air when the arena resets ("host connection lost"), your current sortie doesn't count for score purposes. You will not lose any perk points. (Of course, you won't gain any from kills made during that sortie too). Your kills made during this sortie are not lost for for stats purposes, as the stats database is updated in real-time during the sortie.
So if you find yourself deep in enemy territory in a 262 - just stay alive until the reset boots you from arena.

IF you have been part of the winning country for at least 12 hours before the reset (and played during that period) you will get the perks (25 per category) for winning the war. You don't have to be online the very moment the war is actually won.

Now see,  I didn't know that. I thought you had to be present to get the perks.(not that I really care about perks)
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
When the war is won, all the base possessions rotate or something...causing your once "home" base into an "enemy" base.  And you only have 4 minutes to fly across the map.  Really sucks when that happens  :furious
It does espically if you have kills.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
so say you have 6 kills or a lot of bomber destruction and no way to get back to friendly base. You are not worried about perk points but you would like the kills to help your score (rank). Would they count if if you bailed or ditched  prior to lost connection?

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »
It does espically if you have kills.

Or your squad is awaiting takeoff on the runway in 262s
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
so say you have 6 kills or a lot of bomber destruction and no way to get back to friendly base. You are not worried about perk points but you would like the kills to help your score (rank). Would they count if if you bailed or ditched  prior to lost connection?

Yes. The reset only affects sorties that are still "open". But of course a bail counts as "death" for score purposes.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »
When you win, like Luche said, the map goes back to default. Now I've always determined that by saying the creator of the map put it that way.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 09:40:09 PM »
Yeah i was in a AR234 once when the map reset but, I didn't lose my perkies! :)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 07:24:25 AM »
Now that would be bad , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
Happened to me (singular) on landing. Gear out, flaps down, power down, and then I hear pings and thuds. I lost perks.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X