Author Topic: Gunnery  (Read 2529 times)

Offline stran

• Copper Member
Re: Gunnery
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 04:41:57 AM »
fly the yak9-u. i flew it for most of Tour 113 and my hit % went way up. when i stopped flying it my hit % went down.  :frown:

Gotta love the snail and his wonderful illustrations.  I'm being serious by the way, no sarcasm here.  I enjoy all the information you put out there to us Lusche.
+1

Or.. do what Challenge does  and go buff hunting. big slow targets make good aiming practice. :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:46:32 AM by stran »
Squash

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 04:47:32 AM »
I hate to tell you this... since you obviously have never fought bombers at 30k... bombers ARE NOT slow. Big of course but not slow.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline stran

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 04:53:54 AM »
maybe bombers aren't such a good idea than, sandwich. you'll have more trigger time if you stay below 20K.
Squash

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »
I've noticed it doesn't count my hits when I shoot trees while RTB.

It does not count when I shoot barns or windmills.

Maybe it is a glitch.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »
 :rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »
I've noticed it doesn't count my hits when I shoot trees while RTB.

It does not count when I shoot barns or windmills.

Maybe it is a glitch.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I'm going to take you seriously...

"It" does count those...  As misses...  So shooting those, whether you hit them or not, hurts your hit%.

The good news, though, is that it sounds like you can hit the broad side of a barn, and you don't even need to be inside it to do it, hehe!

If you're in fighter mode, every bullet that fails to connect with an enemy aircraft counts as a miss.  Even if it hits "something".  GV's, PT boats, buildings, all are misses, even if you hit/destroy them.

In attack mode, you'll get credit for hitting GV's, boats, buildings, ack guns, etc...  Shooting trees, barns, windmills will still count as misses.

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 02:36:34 PM »
At the risk of stating the obvious, I'm going to take you seriously...

"It" does count those...  As misses...  So shooting those, whether you hit them or not, hurts your hit%.

The good news, though, is that it sounds like you can hit the broad side of a barn, and you don't even need to be inside it to do it, hehe!

If you're in fighter mode, every bullet that fails to connect with an enemy aircraft counts as a miss.  Even if it hits "something".  GV's, PT boats, buildings, all are misses, even if you hit/destroy them.

In attack mode, you'll get credit for hitting GV's, boats, buildings, ack guns, etc...  Shooting trees, barns, windmills will still count as misses.

Eww you caught a hog pilot. They don't make good eating.  Shuff, throw him back!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 02:47:54 PM »
Don't feel bad, some of us can't hit the broadside of a mountain from 1 foot away.  Be thankful that you can at least score some hits, wish my gunnery was decent instead of being in the crapper.

ack-ack

you never seem to miss when i'm out in front of ya........... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »
anyone ever seen Lusche and Ross Perot in same room @ same time? :noid  Luv dem pie charts :old:
elfy :P
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »
Eww you caught a hog pilot. They don't make good eating.  Shuff, throw him back!

Terrible flavor, maybe, but great taste.  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
anyone ever seen Lusche and Ross Perot in same room @ same time? :noid  Luv dem pie charts :old:
elfy :P

:lol

Watch out.. there is more to come! My yearly AH analysis is only a month away, with more pies than ever before!   :x
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »

Watch out.. there is more to come! My yearly AH analysis is only a month away, with more pies than ever before!   :x
Will we get an extra serving of humble pie?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »

will chips come with the pie?  lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »
mmmMmmmm Bacon
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »
I'm really terrible at my gunnery. I can't even hit someone 200 infront that had no idea I'm behind them. So, I've turned tracers off so they don't always give me away anymore  :D .

always found that to be a good move.

Gunnery was the most frustrating thing for me, and was part of what eventually made me move on from the game. Seemed that even though The Snail's charts said I was well above average, I'd only manage to convert 1/4 of my kill shot opportunities into dead planes.

Never could rise above that plateau. A big <S> to the guys who master it!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad