Author Topic: Pearl Harbor  (Read 4519 times)

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
Pearl Harbor
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »
Can somone get me the Pearl Harbor map? :joystick:
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
Re: Pearl Harbor
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
Never mind, no one wants help, it's okay.  :furious :( :cry :mad: :frown: You don't have to respond to this. Bye. :bolt:
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
Did it occur to you that people may not have that map?

After almost three years of playing I dont even recall us having one, though I know one is in the works.

Strip

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
Well, I did see a bunch of topics about this. You just couldn't download them.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 04:07:29 PM »
A Pearl Harbor map was worked on in the past by the Terrain team but it never got to the point of being released or posted to the terrain team.

Creating a map for Peal Harbor / Hawaii would be relatively easy. Creating all the custom objects for battleship row is where the real meat of that project would be.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 04:11:46 PM »
Did you work on it at all?

I'm just wondering. Also, do you think it will be relesed?

Questions I need answers to...

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »
No

No clue....

Strip

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 04:24:01 PM »
How about you ghostdancer, do you know when it will be official?

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »
Nope Dux and Easycore worked on it. Hawaii was started in 2005 and worked on through 2006. However with changes to the Terrain Editor and Object Editor the project was put on hold back then. Dux has retired from the team (I am now the head of the Events Terrain) and I would have to ask Easycore if he still has any of those files. However, at this point with the release of the 2.17 editor basically nothing would be useful from those files and the project would have to be started from scratch.

At this juncture there are no concrete plans for the production of Pearl Harbor (Hawaii) terrain for events within the next 6 month time period.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:39:14 PM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »
If SASFRAS goes well and makes it into the game without excessive amount of difficulty I would like to work on Pearl. I wont start work on it until then (and only if no one else as) but that would be a very high priority for me when deciding on a new map. For now I am committed to SASFRAS and Reno but Pearl is a big target is on my radar, lot of history there. We shall see....

(To be truthful it was my first choice but I thought it was already being worked on.)

Strip
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:12:13 PM by Strip »

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
i have a terrain about done,its the island of oahu with peral harbor in it,all i have is a few minor things left to do.
however there will be no battleship row in this particular terrain,i tried adding some crusiers to give it the effect but it
caused quite a few bugs,not to mention a frame rate killer.also it was to deadly to fly through,too much ack.
this terrain is for the AVA hopefully,i am going to work on a peral harbor terrain at a later time(just the harbor itself) for some offline missions.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
Too bad RPearl can't be updated. That was one sweet depiction of Pearl Harbor by Raptor.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
The SAFARS Terrain kept crashing on me though. Still, if they work out the bugs on it, it will be suucesful.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
JonDoe999,

Try the new one, there is a thread in the general forums and a link in the last few posts of the SASFRAS thread.

Danny37,

Do you have any intentions of submitting your map for SEA use? For FSO, scenario, and so on?

Ghostdancer,

Is the Terrain Team looking for new talent?

Strip

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

Danny37,

Do you have any intentions of submitting your map for SEA use? For FSO, scenario, and so on?

Strip
it was built and setup for use in the AVA,if accepted i have no problems with any arena or event its used for. :salute