Author Topic: Just to throw water on the 357th v 357th threads  (Read 1259 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Just to throw water on the 357th v 357th threads
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
what happened to the days of wooden spoons :( :cry

mom used to use the wooden ping pong paddles on us.

i got this idea one day when school was closed for snow(back then it took a couple feet of snow for em to do that)...but anyway, i took the paddles down to the basement, got my grandpop's auger, and made "lightening" holes......very small, very un-noticable......right at the point where the paddle meets the handle.

the very next time i earned a spanking(it didn't take long...i was a poop stirrer), mom broke the paddle on my ass. it didn't take much of a hit.....but she never realized that i did that.
 she also never spanked either me or my brother again....it scared the crap outta her.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
pleasant member of the community that willy character is.

there's nothign wrong with him.....he's just misunderstood.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 08:45:01 PM »
It was added when it became apparant that it was needed, but that was some time after the intial deployment of the D model.  I forget what -# it was which added it... and I am too lazy to go look it up.  :)

dayum!!

i didn't expect anythign that fast!!!

thank ya sir! i thought they had already studied, and knew it was going to be necessary, and that any bubble canopy model had that.

i like noticing little things like that.....and learning about em.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 11:37:42 PM »
It was added when it became apparant that it was needed, but that was some time after the intial deployment of the D model.  I forget what -# it was which added it... and I am too lazy to go look it up.  :)

P-51D-5 didn't have the additional part of the vertical fin when they were produced initially.  It was retrofitted to many  D-5's later to help with stability. I believe it was standard on 51D's after the D-5.  It was also added to many B/C models that were still in use at the time.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 06:48:56 AM »
remember a time when spankings weren't fun? :noid :neener:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Thanks Cap, coffee is now running out of my nose  lol
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:14 AM »
P-51D-5 didn't have the additional part of the vertical fin when they were produced initially.  It was retrofitted to many  D-5's later to help with stability. I believe it was standard on 51D's after the D-5.  It was also added to many B/C models that were still in use at the time.

The same issue was cured the same method when the razorback 47s were redesigned with the bubble canopy. There was a vast loss of lateral stability that was fixed with the added apendage. They were retrofitted to the earlier bubble canopy 47s in the field.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)