Author Topic: What do you think about just having a GV arena?  (Read 758 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: What do you think about just having a GV arena?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 04:25:40 AM »
I want an arena with no fighters or AA tanks so I can bomb GVs without having to worry about getting killed.  :banana:
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 06:47:45 AM »
Integrate and dont segregate.

If you create a GV arena and move the GVs out of the MA then you wount have any AtG tank busting. That means that GV forces wount need any Flak covering them and wount get any planes spotting for enemies. So that means both the GV arena and MA loose out on team play and interaction between different player types. That imho makes for a worse game experience in both arenas.

So idea imho is a bad one.

Tex

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »
I want an arena with no fighters or AA tanks so I can bomb GVs without having to worry about getting killed.  :banana:

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
:rofl

they cant make an arena far enough for me not to bomb u there...dont u kno if u fly far enough off the map it just leads to another arena?

Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 12:42:28 PM »
they cant make an arena far enough for me not to bomb u there...dont u kno if u fly far enough off the map it just leads to another arena?

:airplane:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »
I do not believe the Ground Vehicles have a matured physics model.  If you pay attention in the way that vehicles sometimes roll over and stop upside down then roll upright after several seconds you will know what I mean.

The GVs appear to be using flight models that have been modifed to represent ground physics.  I also find that the way the damage model acts on GVs is poorly adapted.  If you have ever hit an M3 center of mass with an 88mm cannon at 200 yards with LESS than 30 degrees deflection and ricochette off only to watch the M3 speed away unharmed then you know at I mean.  There are issues there.

In these ways I feel a GV only arena is premature.  But, if the casual gamers like it, and there is enough interest in it, then I do not see why it wouldn't work.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns