Author Topic: How to make a gunsight.  (Read 662 times)

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
How to make a gunsight.
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »
I'm interested in making a gun sight but don't know how could somebody give me a tutorial or some advice any help appreciated! :salute
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: How to make a gunsight.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
It must be an 8-bit (256 color) .bmp.  Make the background solid black & draw your gun sight on it.  Name it whatever you want & save it into your Sights folder.  That's it.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »
do a search on these boards, I believe someone did do a write up on how to do it. Sorry I don't have time to look myself

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 08:39:10 PM »
Use a good art program, you may have one or download the free "paint.net" at: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

1. Open a new 256 x 256 pixel 8-bit bitmap(.bmp) sheet.
2. Color it black.
3. Draw a white [X] one pixel wide from corner to corner. This will give you your center dot and a construction grid.
4. Draw anything that works for you in any color that works for your eyes including the center dot which is still white at this point.
5. Remember to zoom to about 1200% and make sure no pixels are closer than about 4-pixels to the edge of the black background.
5. When done clean up the remenants of the original white [X]. At 600-800% zoom you can do this one pixel at a time for neatness.
6. Copy it to the sites directory for the game and test it offline.
7. In the cockpit if the edges smear or streak outwards on the reflector plate, edit the file, zoom to 1200-1600% and make sure all color pixels are 4-pixels away from the black background edge.
8. Using a "Blurr" effect or sharpening the "luminosity" or both can remove the jagged edges and monochorme look to the color. But its not required.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »
Use a good art program, you may have one or download the free "paint.net" at: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

1. Open a new 256 x 256 pixel 8-bit bitmap(.bmp) sheet.
2. Color it black.
3. Draw a white [X] one pixel wide from corner to corner. This will give you your center dot and a construction grid.
4. Draw anything that works for you in any color that works for your eyes including the center dot which is still white at this point.
5. Remember to zoom to about 1200% and make sure no pixels are closer than about 4-pixels to the edge of the black background.
5. When done clean up the remenants of the original white [X]. At 600-800% zoom you can do this one pixel at a time for neatness.
6. Copy it to the sites directory for the game and test it offline.
7. In the cockpit if the edges smear or streak outwards on the reflector plate, edit the file, zoom to 1200-1600% and make sure all color pixels are 4-pixels away from the black background edge.
8. Using a "Blurr" effect or sharpening the "luminosity" or both can remove the jagged edges and monochorme look to the color. But its not required.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
If heard of double posts before, but a month apart !   :huh

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
OOOPSies........... :O

So thats where that paste went....sheesh guys I'm sorry. :bolt:

I was answering the new palyer gunsight creation question again in another thread. Too bad something like my quick HowTo isn't posted in the Trainers section or as a post it note here.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline UB6ftUNDR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
of all the ones ive downloaded and game sights i just pick  the ones i like and modify them i send them to my sights folder edit them rename them and just put them back in the HTC sight file works for me