Author Topic: Dead GVs and Planes  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Re: Dead GVs and Planes
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 08:34:27 PM »
Every object drawn within sight of you and anyone else in the area has an effect on your frame rate.

Houses, barns, trees are all designed to give the landscape "clutter" without effecting frame rates any more than absolutely necessary. However, once you start dropping tank hulls and plane parts around the landscape, you will instantly start effecting frame rates. Now many of us have enough overhead that we could afford to lose 10-20%.

But there are many who fly who are right at the borderline already, or even below the mid 30's it takes to fly effectively.
Impact their Frame rates 20% and you have in effect shut them out of the game.

Hitechcreations does the best it can do to give a level playing field to all its customers.
What your asking for would change that.

Would it be nice, sure, but its eye candy. Get past the eye candy and get into the combat.

Add a way to disable it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »
like some people do with bushes  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
most games ive played which have this kind of clutter let you decide how long it stays around and/or disable it, for just this reason. (eg. like our ground detail slider)

min-spec system? turn it off. uber system with plenty of headroom? smoking burntout tanks with rounds cooking off and smoking aircraft wreckage everywhere :rock

+1
Yeah but here lies the problem...one person with a good computer could be hiding behind a dead bomber, whilst the lower end comp doesnt see the bomber and can shoot directly at him.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 02:24:48 PM »
Yeah but here lies the problem...one person with a good computer could be hiding behind a dead bomber, whilst the lower end comp doesnt see the bomber and can shoot directly at him.

exactly like they do with the bushes now :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »
How is a blown up tank different then a barn?

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 04:59:40 PM »
not really, like i suggested it could be optional, like the detail, res, ground clutter etc that we have already.
problem is is if its optional then we can just roll through a tiger hulk like its not there right? that means the ones with the lower graphics still have the visual advantage of los that shouldnt be there... i hate when im in trees and a tiger fires from 3 miles out trying to shoot through the trees already... make them fixed in the field at certain points like a GV battle was there already
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy