Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4558 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2009, 12:12:23 PM »
Cops are human. They make mistakes just as everyone. There are good cops and bad cops.... some are just criminals with a badge.

I believe you met a cop that made a mistake. Unfortunately, in many cases,  you have little protection from a cops poor judgement.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »
Ink, you sound like a screwball. Trust me, I have dealt with more screwballs then most 10 people.

So thats the yardstick with characters like you eh? The "good ones" give you breaks for your infantile driving "which BTW puts the entire community at risk", and the "dirtbags who were picked on as children" are the ones who penalize you for your stupid, immature, illegal driving by giving you a ticket? That about sum it up?

Perhaps you should go in for a brain scan Inky.

Rich, not to personally attack you, but I've had more runins with piss-poor cops than with decent ones. A friend of mine was given a job as a county officer, he resigned a week later because he, "Obviously wasn't power hungry enough for the job." In my younger days, I was severely abused, concussions here and there etc... where DHS got involved, and my sisters and I were promptly removed from the house. All the police departments had put it off as "punishment." Yup, we were told if we wouldn't of pissed him (my moms boyfriend) off, it wouldn't happen. They figured out my grandpa (now dad, adopted by my grandparents instead of going to a foster home, lucky break) was the senior officer for a nearby town, and the sheriff was in their house apologizing for not doing anything because, "He didn't know that our grandpa was a police officer!" Honestly, IMO, there's too much of a "protect fellow officer" mentality. IMO, it shouldn't matter if you're the kids of a police officer or not, but obviously it does. If you want anything to be done, you better be closely related to an officer, otherwise, you're screwed, you won't get any help.

And for our, "infintile driving." Well, you sound like one of the officers I described above...

~Trig
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:26:14 PM by trigger2 »
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »
i think rich(i don't mean this as a personal attack) is one of those jaded police officers.

notice, that he faults each and every one of us for trying to help the kid out?

Im faulting everyone of you, mostly you Cap, for telling the kid to Lie while under oath. Is that simple enough for you?

You and a few others trying to prod this kid into commiting a felony, this Ink clown with his insults? Gee yathink im the one Jaded? :lol Now Im seeing the "I got a ticket from a cop", and, "my brother is a cop" posts. Oh boy.

As if we want to be out there writing them. :( Heres a life lesson 101 from Uncle Rich.
1, You elect Politicians. 2, Politicians spend your money taking care of their friends, who take care of them. 3, Politicians run out of your money and cant raise taxes cause even you wont vote for them if they did. 4, Politicians upp the fines on traffic tickets and then lean on Police Chiefs to get the commanders to lean on the troops to write the tickets which will raise money for the Politicians to give to their friends, who will take care of them. 5, Cops dont want to write the tickets, instead they want to fight crimes. 6, So Chiefs torment the Commanders, who torment the watch commanders, who torment the seargents, to torment the troops, to get them to write the tickets, to raise the money, to give to the Politicians, to take care of their friends, whom will take care of them.

7, Cops are forced to write the tickets, to raise the money, for the Politicians, that you elected, to take care of their friends, who will take care of them. Any questions ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:29:10 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
7, Cops are forced to write the tickets, to raise the money, for the Politicians, that you elected, to take care of their friends, who will take care of them. Any questions ?

Yup, where did CAP tell him to lie? Nowhere. He told him to be polite. Second, that sounds an awful lot like a loose quota, which, in most states, is illegal. ;)
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »
Im faulting everyone of you, mostly you Cap, for telling the kid to Lie while under oath. Is that simple enough for you?

You and a few others trying to prod this kid into commiting a felony, this Ink clown with his insults? Gee yathink im the one Jaded? :lol Now Im seeing the "I got a ticket from a cop", and, "my brother is a cop" posts. Oh boy.

As if we want to be out there writing them. :( Heres a life lesson 101 from Uncle Rich.
1, You elect Politicians. 2, Politicians spend your money taking care of their friends, who take care of them. 3, Politicians run out of your money and cant raise taxes cause even you wont vote for them if they did. 4, Politicians upp the fines on traffic tickets and then lean on Police Chiefs to get the commanders to lean on the troops to write the tickets which will raise money for the Politicians to give to their friends, who will take care of them. 5, Cops dont want to write the tickets, instead they want to fight crimes. 6, So Chiefs torment the Commanders, who torment the watch commanders, who torment the seargents, to torment the troops, to get them to write the tickets, to raise the money, to give to the Politicians, to take care of their friends, whom will take care of them.

i'll give ya the "forced to write" part. i got it from reliable sources, that njspd are being "urged" to write more tickets.

on that one though.....i was cruisin at 75mph on the freeway. see dodge lights climb up my arse. i'm in the process of passing, so i do nothing different, till i finish the pass, then move over.
 it was njspd in a dodge ram. soon as he passed me, i pulled back in the left lane, and accelerated to 85. he was still pulling away from me. no lights, obviously no emergency, as he did nothing to rush my getting out of his way.

i think that happened 2x in the last 2 weeks.

oo..and BTW..it's ok for the officer to lie....blatantly?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
Yup, where did CAP tell him to lie? Nowhere. He told him to be polite. Second, that sounds an awful lot like a loose quota, which, in most states, is illegal. ;)

it is truly amazing how far ya get in court, by simply being polite, and precise when you talk to the judge.

i only wish i'd have realized that when i was serenity's age.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:53 PM »

What does more good for safety?
A. Cop sitting in full view on the side of any road.
B. Cop hiding in a speed trap waiting to catch someone?

People, Dickie boi here has put it aptly. Many police department are now nothing more than revenue generators for state and local gov, pitiful.

Edit: Yet they expect us to treat them like white knights...after telling us they are just revenue collectors.  :rofl
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:54:20 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »
Nothing pisses me off more than a speed trap sitting at the bottom of a hill.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
Gee Trigger, thanks for sharing. :headscratch: Now all 400,000 LEOs in the country suck cause you had lousy parenting. I think you still have some issues kid. Maybe you need a tune up cause all cylinders dont seem to be firing.
Rich, not to personally attack you, but I've had more runins with piss-poor cops than with decent ones. A friend of mine was given a job as a county officer, he resigned a week later because he, "Obviously wasn't power hungry enough for the job." In my younger days, I was severely abused, concussions here and there etc... where DHS got involved, and my sisters and I were promptly removed from the house. All the police departments had put it off as "punishment." Yup, we were told if we wouldn't of pissed him (my moms boyfriend) off, it wouldn't happen. They figured out my grandpa (now dad, adopted by my grandparents instead of going to a foster home, lucky break) was the senior officer for a nearby town, and the sheriff was in their house apologizing for not doing anything because, "He didn't know that our grandpa was a police officer!" Honestly, IMO, there's too much of a "protect fellow officer" mentality. IMO, it shouldn't matter if you're the kids of a police officer or not, but obviously it does. If you want anything to be done, you better be closely related to an officer, otherwise, you're screwed, you won't get any help.

And for our, "infintile driving." Well, you sound like one of the officers I described above...
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
Nothing pisses me off more than a speed trap sitting at the bottom of a hill.
Just remember "It's for YOUR safety.". :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
forget how fast you think you were going, and trying to get the offence reduced to a lower level. assuming you didnt admit to anything when you were stopped, this is the way I would approach it.

you are being prosecuted for doing 83mph, you were not doing 83mph, so you should not be convicted. there were other vehicles close to you which were going faster than you, it seems that the officer has mistakenly taken a reading from them, and not you. your vehicle cannot even maintain 83mph going up hill. the onus is on the officer to prove that it was your vehicle he took a reading on, not any of the other vehicles in the vicinity.

any half-decent lawyer should be able to get this thrown out.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »
" Cops dont want to write the tickets"

:rofl

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2009, 01:28:09 PM »
Cops are human. They make mistakes just as everyone. There are good cops and bad cops.... some are just criminals with a badge.

I believe you met a cop that made a mistake. Unfortunately, in many cases,  you have little protection from a cops poor judgement.

That's my feeling. I hold no animosity toward the Cop and was very polite when talking to him during the ticket, "Yes sir, no sir, my apologies, sir" (Wasn't trying to be a kiss arse that's just how I deal with authority).

I have two questions left:

1) The equipment: I think we have determined it was Lidar that got me. Now I know a laser can pinpoint the target, but from 753feet, is there a possibility the officer had hit one of the other cars? He showed my the gun to demonstrate that it really WAS clocked at 83, but I noticed there was no aiming device I could see. Could he have accurately picked out a single car in a pack from 753ft especially if it really WAS going 83mph?

2) Now, as I am a minor, I need to be accompanied by my guardian in court. Here is a snag. My date is 26 January 2010. My guardian is a single mother who has been out of work for several months, and starts a new job just a few days prior. She cannot afford to take the day off. Would that be a good enough reason to request the date be changed? If so, is it better to let the court know ASAP and be cooperative? Or wait until the last minute (48 hours notice) and hope it throws the officer off to the point he doesn't show up?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2009, 01:35:34 PM »
Gee Trigger, thanks for sharing. :headscratch: Now all 400,000 LEOs in the country suck cause you had lousy parenting. I think you still have some issues kid. Maybe you need a tune up cause all cylinders dont seem to be firing.

I'd put money on you writing reports with this consistency.   I've seen some good ones over the years.   Most of your types forget you represent the City, County, State and show the intellect of an 8th grader.  

There are MANY cops, who should not be cops.   But for you to say: "CAP1 wanted Serenity to lie" is hilarious at best.   He said no such thing.  

If I'm not mistaken, you blew a gasket over the "Bicycle being just fine on roads regardless of there being a sidewalk/bike path present".   If so, no further discussion is needed with you.   You've shown this BBS throughout your stay here, that you're nothing more than a laughing stock.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »
That's my feeling. I hold no animosity toward the Cop and was very polite when talking to him during the ticket, "Yes sir, no sir, my apologies, sir" (Wasn't trying to be a kiss arse that's just how I deal with authority).

I have two questions left:

1) The equipment: I think we have determined it was Lidar that got me. Now I know a laser can pinpoint the target, but from 753feet, is there a possibility the officer had hit one of the other cars? He showed my the gun to demonstrate that it really WAS clocked at 83, but I noticed there was no aiming device I could see. Could he have accurately picked out a single car in a pack from 753ft especially if it really WAS going 83mph?

2) Now, as I am a minor, I need to be accompanied by my guardian in court. Here is a snag. My date is 26 January 2010. My guardian is a single mother who has been out of work for several months, and starts a new job just a few days prior. She cannot afford to take the day off. Would that be a good enough reason to request the date be changed? If so, is it better to let the court know ASAP and be cooperative? Or wait until the last minute (48 hours notice) and hope it throws the officer off to the point he doesn't show up?

Given the severity of the offense, he'll show up regardless.   Just call tomorrow.    If this was a lesser offense, you MIGHT luck out on that. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC