Author Topic: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
New Bomber Tactic (not so new)
« on: December 29, 2009, 05:09:44 AM »
I have seen 60 bombers (180 total) bail this tour when they get attacked but before I can get inside of 3k. Please increase the proxy kill range to 6k but only for bombers and let them guess if its time to bail everytime they see a dot.

:aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
Re: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:20:47 AM »
+ 50,BAJILLION  :banana: :banana: :banana:
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:33:29 AM »
 :aok
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 06:41:23 AM »
Either that or put a time limit between bailouts.

If your in a formation, you bail from the first one, a 30 second limit before you can bail from the second, and another 30 seconds before you can bail from the third one.

Of course if you do that they'll all just learn to alt F4, hard reboot, etc.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:09:06 AM »
+1  :aok

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:16:31 AM »
+1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »
+1

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:13:03 AM »
Here's an idea.
Make it so you can't bail unless you have damage.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »
Here's an idea.
Make it so you can't bail unless you have damage.

No I think you should be able to bail in anything because there will be times when something of great importance comes along (helping your squad for instance) or when you see the field you want to hit is down and someone calls for a goon etc. Not that I think I would ever bail but if I am engaged on a bomber formation and he feels he has the need then by all means give me the prox and I will go on to kill more of your friends.

The problem is the time between 6k and 3k is more than enough time for bombers to 'hit the silk' for whatever reason and I dont think they should be able to get away with it. I mean after all... 60 formations? Its an epidemic!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
I always thought there was an increase in the bomb&bail when there is an increase in squeakers online. Probably no good way to prevent it without penalizing legit players.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »
I always thought there was an increase in the bomb&bail when there is an increase in squeakers online.

Definitely not limited to squeakers.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »
I always thought there was an increase in the bomb&bail when there is an increase in squeakers online. Probably no good way to prevent it without penalizing legit players.

Legit players bail just as they are being attacked?  :huh I dont think so! No its not just 'squeakers.'

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 01:36:47 PM »
Nice idea, but I don't think it would work.  Friendlies show up as green dots on your map, so they'd know it was an enemy by the lack of a green dot even before it is in icon range.

Granted, they have a better shot at not seeing it until the icon pops, much better chance of that.

Honestly, I think the inability to bail out of an undamaged aircraft would be the best way to go.  If you have something you need to do suddenly, such as a squad op, auger it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
Honestly, I think the inability to bail out of an undamaged aircraft would be the best way to go.  If you have something you need to do suddenly, such as a squad op, auger it.

+1  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
*The grizzled old buff pilot walks into the room and steps up on the soapbox.*

Ok I'm going to start off by saying that buff pilots who bomb and bail, or who bail just do deny kills is a pretty low thing to do. However, you fighter jocks do the exact same thing, like suicide bombing the ord or radar at a base and then bailing out.

Now about limiting bombers ability's to bail out. There are many times in which 2 of my buffs will take fatal damage within seconds of each other, so if you added a time limit then I would have to bail out of the lead plane and then wait in the second crippled plane for 30 seconds until I could jump to the third. Now what is going to happen to that 3rd plane while I ride the 2nd one down the ground while waiting to bail out?

Secondly limiting bombers to only bailing out with damage. Although I can understand the idea behind this wish it should not be added. Why? There are many times where I will be flying somewhere and the fight will move somewhere else and thus there is no reason for me to bomb the target. Normally when this happens I check for enemy cons and if there are none I bail out and move on to a closer area.

If a buff pilot bails out to avoid giving a kill is an annoying thing, but it's just something you guys will have to live with. The actions of a few should not force the rest of us to have to fly with more artificial limits.

*Steps off the soapbox, gives a goodbye fart, and walks away.*
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF