Author Topic: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 07:16:54 AM »
I was in a fight with a well known player and even before I would work his high and fast Ta152 to a co-E/co-alt position, he bailed out.  He later told me via PM, "Haha! No kill for you." It didn't bother me one bit, it was his loss, he had all the advantages and decided not to take a chance.

It doesn't matter if they increase the proxy distance bonus to 10k, proxy kills don't go on your score card anyway.

Personally, I think the community should "out" these people on the main forum, every time something like this happens.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »
Personally, I think the community should "out" these people on the main forum, every time something like this happens.

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 11:39:25 AM »
Bailing out of buffs to avoid a fight is not a "tactic".. It's a complete waste of everyone's time... No self respecting buff stick I know would do it....

So reach down low... grab'em tight, man up and fight it out... Hearing about this "tactic" more and more and it's disturbing..  :mad:

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »
Ok we can go for updating the proxy range to 6k.  but lets set a limit on how long a fighter has before he attacks the buff.  if you dont attack within 30 seconds when you are within 3k, then the buff will score a kill and you will die.  ok j/k about that.

but to be honest lets say you attack a buff, so you will attack when you have the advantage otherwise its a suicide run.  in other words you wanna make sure that if you die you at least get one kill.  that's fair.  so you only want to attack when you have the advantage (altitude, or pilot is busy dropping eggs, whatever), but if you dont have the advantage you wont attack.  in fact u can turn around and run.  or you can attack get one or two kill change your mind because you run out of ammo or whatever and leave.  

isnt the fighter turning around the same as a buff augering, because he dont have the advantage of a sure, or semi-sure kill?  but of course when the fighter leaves its called being smart, but if the buff pilot bails then he's a squeaker when in fact its all the same thing.  which is is also the same thing as when you see a pony, 190, etc. running away from a fite and nobody calls for them to be declared a kill.

augering buffs, is just another way of saving your d/k ration or just denying somebody a kill same as when a fighter runs like hell.  no difference if you really think about it.  :salute

semp
Honestly how did you come up with this?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
Question for the guys who support bombers doing this.  Why play an online combat game if you don't want to fight?  You can bomb the strats offline and have no chance of being intercepted.

If it is score you are after, do you feel like you beat an arcade game by getting a high score after entering the cheat codes?

We aren't talking about a guy at a disadvantage, we're talking about a guy who has three perfectly good bombers who bails the moment an enemy fighter nears the 3k yard mark.  It doesn't matter what the fighter is or how it is positioned, they just give up.

I do not understand these mentalities.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 04:29:08 PM »
What thats nonsense there afriad to fight a fighter while in a bomber
1. bombers have more guns
2. your gonna die anyway so why not try to shoot the fighter down

Chalenge do you agree with me or no <S>
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »
I fly buffs quite a bit... and I have to say that I either RTB after a successful raid, or I go down with the ships fighting.  It irritates me to no end when I go up after buffs in a fighter and they bail before I reach them.  But to restrict people from not being able to bail an undamaged plane doesnt make sense either.  

To me... part of the challenge of flying bombers is defending them, and getting them home successfully after a good drop, and a good fight.  I get a little disappointed when I complete a mission and no fighters came up after me.  

Oh... and ".squelch GrnEagle Jr"

***G3-MF***

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
i feel the same way since i flew with the DHBG and 91st Bomber group it sucks when nobody comes after you
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »

I'll put together a web page and everyone can send me screen shots. We can call it "Lame Play of the Day"   :devil

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »
Another thought.  Make the score penalty the same for bailing out as it is for being shot down.  If there is no advantage to bailing, maybe they won't do it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline newz

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 05:49:16 PM »
I have seen 60 bombers (180 total) bail this tour
Hmmm
I've seen zero bombers bail this tour.
We must have different playing styles.

Addicted since tour 62.
Formerly "soupkaan", "soupcan", "LTARsoup", "LTARnewz", "Kamito", "newz"

"ENY is the price of admission for your "loyalty"".-Soulyss

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »
Hmmm
I've seen zero bombers bail this tour.
We must have different playing styles.

You havent killed a whole lot of bombers by comparison either. Probably you are not trying to.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
I have seen 60 bombers (180 total) bail this tour

seriously, ive not seen ANY bail. but then ive not been on when grillman has been on :noid:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »

Agreed, changing the game settings for a few that are 'gaming the game' isn't worth the effort.

I'll put together a web page and everyone can send me screen shots. We can call it "Lame Play of the Day"   :devil

I don't think it would matter much, the community hasn't done a great job of policing itself. If it had, we would still have channel 1 enabled, ENY wouldn't exist, some of the guys that consistently make the score boards every month would actually have skill, and shade account killers wouldn't be as respected as they are now.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 12:37:39 AM »

I think thats contrary to the rules and might get the ban stick brought into things.

No Del this is one case where changing the rules will help things out. Sometimes the action of one individual brings about changes that do improve things. I am interested in who it is that is 'respected' and yet is vulching shades? Intrigued actually.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.