Author Topic: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Re: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 01:19:38 AM »
Another thought.  Make the score penalty the same for bailing out as it is for being shot down.  If there is no advantage to bailing, maybe they won't do it.

I believe, its not about score penalty. The only reason is to deny other ppl a kill ("Haha! No kill for you" (c) ), so extending proxy range to 6k should help I hope. And I dont see any negative effects from it, other than screwing suckers of course.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:22:14 AM by Oleg »
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2009, 01:29:12 AM »
The only reason is to deny other ppl a kill ("Haha! No kill for you" (c) ), so extending proxy range to 6k should help I hope.

That is just it, unless you're looking for back slapping when you land kills, proxy kills do nothing for you anyway. They can increase the distance to 3k to 10k, it doesn't help the score potatos, and frankly that is the whole reason the change is desired to begin with.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 01:47:52 AM »
That is just it, unless you're looking for back slapping when you land kills, proxy kills do nothing for you anyway. They can increase the distance to 3k to 10k, it doesn't help the score potatos, and frankly that is the whole reason the change is desired to begin with.

That would be incorrect Del. The whole reason is to get the bailing bombers to stop bailing. I know its hard but try to keep up.  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 06:04:08 AM »
Another thought.  Make the score penalty the same for bailing out as it is for being shot down.  If there is no advantage to bailing, maybe they won't do it.

Players bailing from intact buffs to help their score is a myth.
Because bailing from buffs has no advantage in regards of score. A "bail" is a "death" for score purposes. Your damage/death will decrease, your damage/sortie will be unaffected.

because a bail mean 50% of damage versus 25% of damage for a death so right there is where the stones come in.

You don't need much damage points for a good score, you are hurting yourself more by wrecking your damage/death
And as there is no damage/time score category you don't gain anything from it - you just lose.

A true scoreboy will try do whatever it takes to survive, using altitude, speed, smart routing and his guns in case he is still getting intercepted.

People bailing from intact buffs are not interested in getting a good score. It's either to deny the enemy any kills, or (I guess most of the time) it's the basegrabbers that are interested in getting the next 42k of ordnance to the enemy base as quick as possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:17:33 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
(I guess most of the time) it's the basegrabbers that are interested in getting the next 42k of ordnance to the enemy base as quick as possible.

That is exactly what it is.

The whole reason is to get the bailing bombers to stop bailing.

When I said this...

They can increase the distance to 3k to 10k, it doesn't help the score potatos, and frankly that is the whole reason the change is desired to begin with.

I wasn't talking about the bomber pilots, I was talking about the fighter pilots that keep one eye on the altimeter and the other on the score board.

I know its hard but try to keep up.  :rolleyes:

I am keeping up just fine, if this was boxing I'd be 3 rounds ahead.  :devil
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:35:24 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
I wasn't talking about the bomber pilots, I was talking about the fighter pilots that keep one eye on the altimeter and the other on the score board.

It doesnt make the logic text to me Del. Please explain in detail what you mean.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »
It's good to see members of the community coming together wanting HTC to make an arbitrary change to the game, that only affects bomber pilots, and it really doesn't add or change anything when you get down do it.  :aok
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 06:10:06 PM »
its funny how some people will come up with just about any excuse just to get a kill  :D.  I really wish the kills were separated by actual kill and proxies  :devil.
semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »

Why didn't you just say you are talking about me?  :cool:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2010, 02:47:16 AM »
its funny how some people will come up with just about any excuse just to get a kill  :D.  I really wish the kills were separated by actual kill and proxies  :devil.
semp

The idea is keep guys from bailing which is pretty weak. Do you do this (bail) or do you have a better idea? No?  :D

Motion carried!

The wish is for no bail to be possible unless an aircraft is damaged!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2010, 03:40:14 AM »
Why didn't you just say you are talking about me?  :cool:

I wasn't.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2010, 03:42:01 AM »

Instead they will just auger before you get within 3k if they aren't carrying anymore eggs.

You can't fix the problem by re-'coading' the game, its a problem with the player not the game itself.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2010, 05:13:03 AM »
The idea is keep guys from bailing which is pretty weak. Do you do this (bail) or do you have a better idea? No?  :D

Motion carried!

dude I also wish that the ponies and fw's would turn in less than 1 sector so I can kill them.  I say if I chase them for more than 3k and they keep on running that's an automatic kill for me. that will stop people from avoiding a fite, which is the SAME as your buffs bailing.  :devil

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2010, 05:17:07 AM »
dude I also wish that the ponies and fw's would turn in less than 1 sector so I can kill them.  I say if I chase them for more than 3k and they keep on running that's an automatic kill for me. that will stop people from avoiding a fite, which is the SAME as your buffs bailing.  :devil

semp

Now THAT would be lame and if things went the way you suggest everyone would fly low and slow for proxies.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2010, 05:22:19 AM »
Instead they will just auger before you get within 3k if they aren't carrying anymore eggs.

You can't fix the problem by re-'coading' the game, its a problem with the player not the game itself.

I dont have a problem with the game but I do have a problem with your setting conditions upon the 'bailers' as if they are empty every time. I have caught the perpetrator just outside of his target (Strats) before he gets to it and seen him bail. I have caught them just shy of the first airfield and they bail. I have caught them 5k in the air and just about to start dive-bombing on a CV and they bail. I am not the only one that sees this happen. I think re-'coading' is in order though. And for the record if they can auger from 24k before they get shot they deserve what they get.

The real question is what have you got to fear from making this change?  :D