Author Topic: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang
« on: January 05, 2010, 05:33:23 PM »
http://www.stangnet.com/2009/12/27/the-2011-ford-mustang-brings-the-5-0-back/

Coprhead, you MIGHT want to think about "trading up".   I'm looking seriously into the 2011 GT now. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »

I'll wait for the 2012. Never will I buy a first year production of any vehicle!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »
Its still going to handle like chit.....they always have......best thing for a Mustang is stay STR8! :bolt: :neener:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
http://www.stangnet.com/2009/12/27/the-2011-ford-mustang-brings-the-5-0-back/

Coprhead, you MIGHT want to think about "trading up".   I'm looking seriously into the 2011 GT now. 

mine'll be black, with a 6 speed manual.  :aok

why in the world do we not have a drooly icon?????
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Going to have to go white with blue stripes, or if my prayers are answered Marnia Blue!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
Its still going to handle like chit.....they always have......best thing for a Mustang is stay STR8! :bolt: :neener:

you've obviously never driven one.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »
Drive BMW'z ..........Nuf Said.... :devil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »
Going to have to go white with blue stripes, or if my prayers are answered Marnia Blue!

the only brand new car i ever owned, was an 83 mustang gl. it was special ordered with a 5.0, 5 speed, and 3.27 rear. no other options, except for the trx suspension.
 the rear blew, as it was only a 7.5" back then. i rebuilt it with 3.73's, blew that one, and put a 9" in it. the trx suspension sucked.

it was black.

so shall this one be.  :D :joystick:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »
Drive BMW'z ..........Nuf Said.... :devil

so have i.

put some water on the road, and i'd take the beemer.

in the real world of street driving, there's not many out there that have the balls to push their car even remotely close to its limits. heck.....most people don't have a clue as to the capabilities of their cars. and i don't think i've been out cornered in my 89 on the street. i knew how far i could push her.....and when she'd let go.

i did/do.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »
so have i.

put some water on the road, and i'd take the beemer.

in the real world of street driving, there's not many out there that have the balls to push their car even remotely close to its limits. heck.....most people don't have a clue as to the capabilities of their cars. and i don't think i've been out cornered in my 89 on the street. i knew how far i could push her.....and when she'd let go.

i did/do.

LMAO!!! street driving ........You go git 'r done there Mad Max........the wife's 530xi can out corner that GT with ease. Problem is too much power to your rear wheels causes wheel spin and loss of control. Thank Newton for that. Not Mustang bashing at all. Just for the money seems to be many other cars out there that perform better. Texas roads warrants many opportunities to "push cars to the limits"........M-5 is next and then your GT is really out of its league.  :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »

LMAO!!! street driving ........You go git 'r done there Mad Max........the wife's 530xi can out corner that GT with ease. Problem is too much power to your rear wheels causes wheel spin and loss of control. Thank Newton for that. Not Mustang bashing at all. Just for the money seems to be many other cars out there that perform better. Texas roads warrants many opportunities to "push cars to the limits"........M-5 is next and then your GT is really out of its league.  :salute

buddy of mine had an m5.........18 year old girl running a light broadsided him. thankfully, he had hesitated before going, so he lived.....unfortunately, the car didn't. it was beautiful.

i wasn't trying to put down the car. i'm no mad max either. i just tend to know how far i can push my cars, and when someone tries to plant themselves on my back bumper, they generally don't manage to stay there long.  :devil

i did lose to a 5 series beemer once. in my dakota.  that thing drives like an old 80's 5th ave. at anything over 70.

dammit.....now i'm gonna hafta price radar detectors again......mustangs aren't stealth.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »
buddy of mine had an m5.........18 year old girl running a light broadsided him. thankfully, he had hesitated before going, so he lived.....unfortunately, the car didn't. it was beautiful.

i wasn't trying to put down the car. i'm no mad max either. i just tend to know how far i can push my cars, and when someone tries to plant themselves on my back bumper, they generally don't manage to stay there long.  :devil

i did lose to a 5 series beemer once. in my dakota.  that thing drives like an old 80's 5th ave. at anything over 70.

dammit.....now i'm gonna hafta price radar detectors again......mustangs aren't stealth.......

Valentine-One
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:20 PM »
you've obviously never driven one.

I haven't driven one in years, but I've raced against them in me '98 firebird.  There has never been a stock mustang built that can match an old f-body on a road course, period.  Just look at historical SCCA race results in the stock classes for proof...
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
2 words

Jack Roush

Ohh and still cheaper than Big Money Wasted. :neener:
See Rule #4

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
I love the look of Mustangs but this old boy gonna stay with SUV's. They take me fishing and golfing and they like it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter