Author Topic: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang  (Read 3452 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »
If you want a great deal on a powerful sedan, take a test drive in a pontiac G8.  They are nice cars at a very low price compared to other similar vehicles.  You lose some features and need to make darn sure you don't get one of the few that are plagued by a "wobbly" steering wheel at highway speeds, but you simply can't beat the price.  For $30k (or a lot less if you find a low mileage used one) you get a great handling 4-door sedan with a 361hp or 400+hp LS series V8 engine.  You can't get a V6 accord for that price, all the dodge performance sedans cost a lot more if you get the packages with the hemi, and the ford taurus SHO will run you well over $47,000.

In exchange for the low price, you get a car that saw only 2.5 years of production and sometimes it takes a long time for parts to get shipped from Australia, especially if your dealer's parts department is staffed by idiots who don't know how to get parts for these cars.  If you can live with that, it's a great deal on a neat car.

isn't the g8 an Australian holden?

now, in case you mis understood some of my posts......i never meant to put down the gm;s. in fact, i have a customer what wants me to work on his 85. he wants to "warm" it up a little. it's only got a 305 in it....and i'm tryin to convince him to drop in a 350 crate motor.  :D

that, a little tranny work, and some gearing, and i think this'll be a kickass car.  :aok

mustangs still rule though!!  :devil :angel: :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2010, 10:52:57 PM »
Yea, the G8 is a reworked holden commodore.  That should mean that parts will remain available, even if they may take a while to arrive.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2010, 11:22:24 PM »
Excellent, more food for thought - thanks Eagl

PJ, thank you very much for your offer as well, will keep it in mind for when I get around to actually purchasing.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »
Yea, the G8 is a reworked holden commodore.  That should mean that parts will remain available, even if they may take a while to arrive.
if your ever in trouble my brother is president of the holden sporting car club and my niece ( his daughter ) works for holden. I'm sure they could locate stuff in the USA for you. 

edit: most of the parts are common garden variety and can be accessed as aftermarket parts, there will be a cross over with lots of US models all using same parts.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:20:16 PM by phatzo »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »
You can probably pick up a Pontiac real cheap right now...with the Pontiac brand "disbanded" in the US value, service, and parts are rather questionable.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver