Author Topic: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: 5.0 returns in the 2011 Mustang
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2010, 07:44:13 AM »
what fuel does it need?
A) from 1889 Gasoline?
B ) from 1892 Diesel?
Guys I like Vintage cars from last Century like Muscle cars they need Gasoline
The new cars also need Luxury Gasoline tecnic from 1894 nothing changed
God bless Hyundai for my LPG Grandeur i go in Germany easy about 240km/h for over 250 km/h you need a other insurance and Driving Licence.
1 fuel LPG = 32 euro
1 Fuel Mercedes new E320 = 80 euro

Never again Gasoline and Diesel
Hybrid cars also drive with Gasoline and they stink outside of the city the wind dont care where it is Blowing .

:headscratch:
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »
The Fox cars in the eighties had a better engine program. When they were stock. Spend equal amounts on the Camaro engine and the Mustang engine, and the Mustang sucks wind quickly. The advantage the Mustang had was the base price was about $7K cheaper. But the only thing that got looser, and rattled worse than a Camaro, was a Mustang.

Further, anything your aftermarket suspension on your Fox body could do, a Guldstrand F body could do better, and faster.

In the nineties, the Camaro engine surpassed the Mustang and stayed there. The handling of the Camaro was better as well.

The new Mustang is not really that impressive.

And Jack Roush is by far the biggest whining, crying, cheating chump motorsports has ever known. From his days getting stomped in NHRA all the way up to the current racing scene, Jack Roush has never changed. If he couldn't buy wins and championships, he cried until he got them, or he took his sorry whining carcass and went home whimpering with his tail between his legs. As far as how good a business owner and operator he is outside of racing, very few compare. But in the motorsports world, Jack Roush has done more damage to every series he's ever been in than any ten other competitors.

By the way, if you want to talk about "pony cars" in the late sixties, in the SCCA Trans Am series, the most dominant car was the Penske 69 Camaro Z-28, driven by Mark Donohue, and sponsored by Sunoco.

Let's talk drag racing. Ever see any Fox body Mustangs in Stock Eliminator? Not many. But the same generation F-body cars are winning races, qualifying in the top ten, and setting records. Ford hasn't had any measurable success in Pro Stock since Bob Glidden retired. And before Lee Shepherd got killed, Lee Shepherd beat Bob Glidden, Ford's most prolific winning driver, on a regular basis. In fact, when Glidden was in his prime, Shepherd not only beat him regularly, but Shepherd was also the only driver to ever win the NHRA and IHRA titles in the same year. And honestly, Grumpy Jenkins ran Jack Roush clean out of NHRA 40+ years ago. Today, the only way Ford gets a dominant car in Stock Eliminator is they paid NHRA to allow them to run a supercharged factory race car in a class it doesn't fit, with a bogus factor. And they screwed that up and got thrown out of the biggest race of the year for having the wrong pistons in their factory car.

Funny, in NASCAR, even with Ford pouring 5X the money into the Roush program than gM puts in all their teams, a Chevrolet won the title. Again. Where is Mark Martin, Ford's best driver in the past 25 years? Over with a Chevrolet team, having more success and more fun than he ever had with Roush and Ford, where he retired from a while back. More wins in NASCAR? Chevrolet. More titles? Chevrolet.

Ford has a great business model, especially compared to GM, the GM business model has sucked for decades, and now the the government runs it, it will only get worse. But GM has several technically superior products. Their LS series V-8 is less expensive, more powerful, and more reliable than the modular engine. The Hydramatic and Allison automatic transmissions have been superior for decades. The Duramax diesel is far superior to any diesel Ford has ever offered. The Ecotec 4 cylinder out lasts and out performs the Ford 4 cylinders. And by the way, if you combine the Chevrolet and GMC truck sales, and we all know they are the same except for trim, GM has outsold Ford in trucks on a regular basis for years. notice the Ford ads say they outsell Chevrolet, not that they outsell GM. Ford has done a far better job running their business. But GM makes a better product.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »
The Fox cars in the eighties had a better engine program. When they were stock. Spend equal amounts on the Camaro engine and the Mustang engine, and the Mustang sucks wind quickly. The advantage the Mustang had was the base price was about $7K cheaper. But the only thing that got looser, and rattled worse than a Camaro, was a Mustang.i have to say, that with my 83 5.0L, and my 89 gt, nothing comparably modified even came close to me. nothing. if it cost me more money, that seems to me to be due to the fact that the same part labeled "ford" costs more because it says ford.

Further, anything your aftermarket suspension on your Fox body could do, a Guldstrand F body could do better, and faster.

In the nineties, the Camaro engine surpassed the Mustang and stayed there. The handling of the Camaro was better as well.this was already agreed on

The new Mustang is not really that impressive.it is definitly a step in the right direction, and if ford is smart enough to drop its price, so it can be more competitively priced, it'll turn out good. 

And Jack Roush is by far the biggest whining, crying, cheating chump motorsports has ever known. From his days getting stomped in NHRA all the way up to the current racing scene, Jack Roush has never changed. If he couldn't buy wins and championships, he cried until he got them, or he took his sorry whining carcass and went home whimpering with his tail between his legs. As far as how good a business owner and operator he is outside of racing, very few compare. But in the motorsports world, Jack Roush has done more damage to every series he's ever been in than any ten other competitors.i don't know that much about roush, 'cept that he's been with ford forever. his whining though? there's not a nascar team, and more than likely not an nhra team that doesn't whine. when smith's racing beats jones's racing, they insist, it must be because smith's ford has the advantage....so they whine till the rules are "adapted"  to help their chevy. then when they beat smith's ford, then smith goes coocoo whining, till the rules are adapted again.

By the way, if you want to talk about "pony cars" in the late sixties, in the SCCA Trans Am series, the most dominant car was the Penske 69 Camaro Z-28, driven by Mark Donohue, and sponsored by Sunoco.if i'm not mistaken, ford took the championship in trans am 3 years, to chevys 2? in the 60's early 70's?

Let's talk drag racing. Ever see any Fox body Mustangs in Stock Eliminator? Not many. But the same generation F-body cars are winning races, qualifying in the top ten, and setting records. Ford hasn't had any measurable success in Pro Stock since Bob Glidden retired. And before Lee Shepherd got killed, Lee Shepherd beat Bob Glidden, Ford's most prolific winning driver, on a regular basis. In fact, when Glidden was in his prime, Shepherd not only beat him regularly, but Shepherd was also the only driver to ever win the NHRA and IHRA titles in the same year. And honestly, Grumpy Jenkins ran Jack Roush clean out of NHRA 40+ years ago. Today, the only way Ford gets a dominant car in Stock Eliminator is they paid NHRA to allow them to run a supercharged factory race car in a class it doesn't fit, with a bogus factor. And they screwed that up and got thrown out of the biggest race of the year for having the wrong pistons in their factory car.i don't get to the races enough anymore to see stock eliminator. i would venture that it comes down to cost though. it's cheaper to build a chevy engine, due to price differences in similar parts, being determined by the ford or chevy label. seen it a lot.
 as for personal experience....when we were running my camaro, we kept it de-tuned running low 10's. there was a guy had a 79 capri with a ford 460. pretty similar setup to our car. he handed me my bellybutton on a regular basis. even when we brought the car into the 9's, he was still 2 or 3 tenths faster. i did have a habit of "treeing" him though.  :aok

Funny, in NASCAR, even with Ford pouring 5X the money into the Roush program than gM puts in all their teams, a Chevrolet won the title. Again. Where is Mark Martin, Ford's best driver in the past 25 years? Over with a Chevrolet team, having more success and more fun than he ever had with Roush and Ford, where he retired from a while back. More wins in NASCAR? Chevrolet. More titles? Chevrolet.nascar has been a joke for about 30 or more years.

Ford has a great business model, especially compared to GM, the GM business model has sucked for decades, and now the the government runs it, it will only get worse. But GM has several technically superior products. Their LS series V-8 is less expensive, more powerful, and more reliable than the modular engine. The Hydramatic and Allison automatic transmissions have been superior for decades. The Duramax diesel is far superior to any diesel Ford has ever offered. The Ecotec 4 cylinder out lasts and out performs the Ford 4 cylinders. And by the way, if you combine the Chevrolet and GMC truck sales, and we all know they are the same except for trim, GM has outsold Ford in trucks on a regular basis for years. notice the Ford ads say they outsell Chevrolet, not that they outsell GM. Ford has done a far better job running their business. But GM makes a better product. aren't the ecotecs the ones with the aluminum heads that look like pressed foam? and they tend to crack the head next to the #1 spark plug? i know the older 2.0L's did that......when i get myself a deisel van(which i'm looking for now) it will be a ford. i like the 7.3L. it's irrelevent if ford builds it or not,. it's in their trucks, and i've been driving them for years off and on, towing. they've NEVER let us down. the 7.3L turbodeisel, is even better. if i don't find a van, i have a line on a mid 90's rollback with a 7.3L with a 5 speed......repo'd, and stupidly cheap.  :aok

like i said before.....a car doesn't know what name is stamped on it.

Year    Champion Manufacturer[10]    Champion Driver    Car
1966    Over 2 liter – Ford
Under 2 liter – Alfa Romeo[11]    Austria Horst Kwech*
Switzerland Gaston Andrey*    Alfa Romeo GTA
1967    Over 2 liter – Ford
Under 2 liter – Porsche[12]    United States Jerry Titus*    Ford Mustang
1968    Over 2 liter – Chevrolet
Under 2 liter – Porsche[13]    United States Mark Donohue*    Chevrolet Camaro
1969    Over 2 liter – Chevrolet
Under 2 liter – Porsche[14]    United States Mark Donohue*    Chevrolet Camaro
1970    Over 2 liter – Ford
Under 2 liter – Alfa Romeo[15]    United States Parnelli Jones*    Ford Mustang
1971    Over 2.5 liter – American Motors
Under 2.5 liter – Datsun [16][17]    United States Mark Donohue*    AMC Javelin
1972    Over 2.5 liter – American Motors
Under 2.5 liter – Datsun[18]    United States George Follmer    AMC Javelin
1973    Chevrolet    United States Peter H. Gregg    Porsche 911
1974    Porsche    United States Peter H. Gregg    Porsche 911
1975    Chevrolet    United States John Greenwood    Chevrolet Corvette
1976    American Motors (Cat 1)    United States Jocko Maggiacomo (Cat 1)    AMC Javelin
Porsche (Cat 2)    United States George Follmer (Cat 2)    Porsche 934
1977    Porsche (Cat 1)    United States Bob Tullius (Cat 1)    Jaguar XJS
Porsche (Cat 2)    Canada Ludwig Heimrath (Cat 2)    Porsche 934
1978    Jaguar (Cat 1)    United States Bob Tullius (Cat 1)    Jaguar XJS
Chevrolet (Cat 2)    United States Greg Pickett (Cat 2)    Chevrolet Corvette
1979    Chevrolet(Cat 1)    United States Gene Bothello (Cat 1)    Chevrolet Corvette
Porsche (Cat 2)    United States John Paul, Sr. (Cat 2)    Porsche 935
1980    Chevrolet    United States John Bauer    Porsche 911
1981    Chevrolet    Canada Eppie Wietzes    Chevrolet Corvette
1982    Pontiac    United States Elliott Forbes-Robinson    Pontiac Firebird
1983    Chevrolet    United Kingdom David Hobbs    Chevrolet Camaro
1984    Lincoln-Mercury    United States Tom Gloy    Mercury Capri
1985    Lincoln-Mercury    United States Wally Dallenbach, Jr.    Mercury Capri
1986    Lincoln-Mercury    United States Wally Dallenbach, Jr.    Merkur XR4Ti
1987    Lincoln-Mercury    United States Scott Pruett    Merkur XR4Ti
1988    Audi    United States Hurley Haywood    Audi 200 Quattro Turbo
1989    Ford    United States Dorsey Schroeder    Ford Mustang
1990    Chevrolet    United States Tommy Kendall    Chevrolet Beretta
1991    Chevrolet    United States Scott Sharp    Chevrolet Camaro
1992    Chevrolet    United States Jack Baldwin    Chevrolet Camaro
1993    Chevrolet    United States Scott Sharp    Chevrolet Camaro
1994    Ford    United States Scott Pruett    Chevrolet Camaro
1995    Chevrolet    United States Tommy Kendall    Ford Mustang
1996    Ford    United States Tommy Kendall    Ford Mustang
1997    Ford    United States Tommy Kendall    Ford Mustang
1998    Chevrolet    United States Paul Gentilozzi    Chevrolet Camaro
1999    Ford    United States Paul Gentilozzi    Ford Mustang
2000    De Tomaso    United States Brian Simo    Qvale Mangusta
2001    Jaguar    United States Paul Gentilozzi    Jaguar XKR
2002    Ford    United States Boris Said    Panoz Esperante
2003    Jaguar    United States Scott Pruett    Jaguar XKR
2004    Jaguar    United States Paul Gentilozzi    Jaguar XKR
2005    Jaguar    Germany Klaus Graf    Jaguar XKR
2006**    Jaguar    United States Paul Gentilozzi    Jaguar XKR
2007    Series not held       
2008    Series not held       
2009    Jaguar    United States Tomy Drissi    Jaguar XKR

* The Drivers Championship was first awarded for the 1972 series.[18] "Champions Drivers" listed prior to 1972 were not officially recognized by the SCCA.

** The title was also not awarded in 2006.

from    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Am_Series
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »
I used to work Security at Johnson Controls back in 1997 and met with Paul Gentilozzi, who then drove a Johnson Controls sponsored Camaro.   One of the most down to Earth folks you'd ever wish to meet.  

If were gonna go to "Racing".   The GT40 eclipses anything Chevy ever has achieved.   Those few years were a middle finger to the Racing World and they pulled it off.   Ford was mocked prior, but that attitude soon changed and sent the European Manufacturers into a frenzy.

EDIT:   CAP, one of my favorite race cars of all-time is Parnelli Jones' 1963 Mercury Marauder.   IIRC, it won the Pikes Peak Hill Climb that year.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:39:06 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2010, 08:43:16 AM »
I used to work Security at Johnson Controls back in 1997 and met with Paul Gentilozzi, who then drove a Johnson Controls sponsored Camaro.   One of the most down to Earth folks you'd ever wish to meet.  

If were gonna go to "Racing".   The GT40 eclipses anything Chevy ever has achieved.   Those few years were a middle finger to the Racing World and they pulled it off.   Ford was mocked prior, but that attitude soon changed and sent the European Manufacturers into a frenzy.

EDIT:   CAP, one of my favorite race cars of all-time is Parnelli Jones' 1963 Mercury Marauder.   IIRC, it won the Pikes Peak Hill Climb that year.

THAT'S what that black car was in that trans am race i linked...the one with the 60's cars.......there was an old black ford or merc that he had trouble gettin past....it was prolly a marauder.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
Holy Crap !!!!!   Did I shake the Bee'z nest or what.........?

My whole point was not to Ford bash or Mustang bash for that matter. I only stated that the STOCK GT with that HP needs better suspension to handle rear wheel torque. This was not my point that the GT   could be a much better car with 25K to 50K of MODS, just that stock for the money it handles terrible compared to others in its price range.........now the post has gone from STOCK to RACE..........SOMEONE TAKE BRONK'Z FINGER OFF THE NOS BUTTON! :salute....LOLOL   

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2010, 10:11:06 AM »
Holy Crap !!!!!   Did I shake the Bee'z nest or what.........?

My whole point was not to Ford bash or Mustang bash for that matter. I only stated that the STOCK GT with that HP needs better suspension to handle rear wheel torque. This was not my point that the GT   could be a much better car with 25K to 50K of MODS, just that stock for the money it handles terrible compared to others in its price range.........now the post has gone from STOCK to RACE..........SOMEONE TAKE BRONK'Z FINGER OFF THE NOS BUTTON! :salute....LOLOL   

no big deal. same as normal for threads here.  :neener:

it was fun watching those youtube videos.

different note.......engine design was mentioned earlier......here's a EFFED up one......03 cadi cts, with leaking valve cover gaskets. cadi updated the entire valve cover.....and it takes almost 4 hours to do em...........friggin engineers.... :furious
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love BMWs, always have.  When I worked at Honda R&D Americas we did major comparision tests with the Acura line vs. the BWMs.  The M Series being the pinnacle of BMW performance; but the cost for 2010 M car is astronomical.

M3 Coupe•   414 Horsepower •  Starting at $58,400 MSRP

M6 Coupe•  500 Horsepower •  Starting at $102,350 MSRP

GT500•   540 Horsepower • Strating at $ 46,725 MSRP

I think for the 11,675.00 price drifference you could make a GT500 on par with the handling of an M car.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline tassos

• Nickel Member
      • Free Warbids Arena
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love BMWs, always have.  When I worked at Honda R&D Americas we did major comparision tests with the Acura line vs. the BWMs.  The M Series being the pinnacle of BMW performance; but the cost for 2010 M car is astronomical.

M3 Coupe•   414 Horsepower •  Starting at $58,400 MSRP

M6 Coupe•  500 Horsepower •  Starting at $102,350 MSRP

GT500•   540 Horsepower • Strating at $ 46,725 MSRP

I think for the 11,675.00 price drifference you could make a GT500 on par with the handling of an M car.

New M3 $58,400? where? buy me 3 please
My Neighbours Daughter have the Brandnew M3 in white 78.000 euro from the BMW Factory in Munich
Living Aces High from Sep 1999 as ATZE,MrROX,and from Feb 2000 as tassos
Quit: OPEN /Google:48°58'22.40"N 10°8'15.30"E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMCq22Vpa18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsVxFycRZo
Aces High be a part...

Offline PewterC5

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »
I love mustang gts and the look on the drivers faces when I beat them in a straight line as well as in the twisties with a stock 4 door Cadillac.  :devil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »
I love mustang gts and the look on the drivers faces when I beat them in a straight line as well as in the twisties with a stock 4 door Cadillac.  :devil

hasn't happened to me yet.

it'll be pretty funny though, when one of them loses to this.

:devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:28 AM »
I'm looking for one of these

I seem to think that a Capri nose and fenders would look killer on this
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
I'm looking for one of these

(Image removed from quote.)

I seem to think that a Capri nose and fenders would look killer on this

when i bought the futura, i could've gotten one of those wagons for 200 cheaper...and in a little better shape. i seriously considered it, but just couldn't make myself build a station wagon at the time.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2010, 12:35:43 PM »
hasn't happened to me yet.

it'll be pretty funny though, when one of them loses to this.

(Image removed from quote.)

:devil

That's just badass.   Every time I see the car/sticker.   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 12:44:11 PM »
when i bought the futura, i could've gotten one of those wagons for 200 cheaper...and in a little better shape. i seriously considered it, but just couldn't make myself build a station wagon at the time.  :aok
The wagon is nifty, plus the fact its a fox chassis makes it even more fun

check out the Mustang dash...not to mention the wicked cool roll cage.

And just for you Cap

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver