Author Topic: 109 Training  (Read 1477 times)

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
109 Training
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
I am pretty new to AH and flight sims. I have settled on the 109 as *the* first plane I want to learn inside and out. My squaddies will help me out a little here and there. However, I am looking for a 109 "god" that is willing to train me in the training arena on the 109. I have some basic understandings of the game. Takeoff, landings, BnZ etc, but do not know the magic moves /ACMs associated with the 109.

If anyone is willing to do this please let me know. I am available most weeknights after 8 PM and on weekends.

I want to master this plane, and someone that knows this baby inside and out will shorten the learning curve by years.

Thanks

PapaJohn
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: 109 Training
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,235050.0.html

This is a very good starting point.

AWESOME! Thanks I will look at these when I get home.
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »
Unfortunatly these films are in the older film viewer format and can not be viewed by the current film viewer.

I am still looking for someone with and older version of the game installed that can convert these films using FRAPS to mpeg or wmv files so they can be viewed once again.

If they were converted I can host them. They would be much larger files but could be streamed. I can even make a film pack for download but I they have to be converted first.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:42:24 PM »
See this thread. I have a write up describing some flight drills that will help you in verticle stalling moves.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272726.0.html

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »
I am pretty new to AH and flight sims. I have settled on the 109 as *the* first plane I want to learn inside and out. My squaddies will help me out a little here and there. However, I am looking for a 109 "god" that is willing to train me in the training arena on the 109. I have some basic understandings of the game. Takeoff, landings, BnZ etc, but do not know the magic moves /ACMs associated with the 109.

If anyone is willing to do this please let me know. I am available most weeknights after 8 PM and on weekends.

I want to master this plane, and someone that knows this baby inside and out will shorten the learning curve by years.

Thanks

PapaJohn

I'll tell ya how to learn the 109.. Come to the DA and let Creton, Agent & I fight you, over and over and over and over again... Don't take it personal when you loose, loosing is how you learn, loosing is the path to winning.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »
Man, I'm down for that myself!  I need to run into you guys when I don't have squaddies on.  The DA is fun and informative and I need to learn and get better.  I don't know Creton but I'd love to mix it up with you and Agent. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
I wouldn't recommend the 109 if you are new to AH and new to flight sims, unless you don't mind a very steep learning curve.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »
I wouldn't recommend the 109 if you are new to AH and new to flight sims, unless you don't mind a very steep learning curve.

This is true.

However I began flying the 109K4 after only 3 months in the game. But I had the help of an ace stick to teach me. Without that I probably would have turned out to be a typical BZ dweeb in a spit.

I stuck with it. Refusing to yield. I fought anyone I could in any plane vs my 109k4. I died thousands of times.

4 years later I can actually fly the bird...sometimes...hehe.

I will say taking on a plane like the 109k4 to start is going to be the tuff road but if you succeed it will be worth it.

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
I dont want easy mode; I actually want to learn...

I settled on the 109K. I am done jumping around planes constantly. I have been playing for maybe a month. I was flying the Spit VIII for 2 weeks and of an on the P51....I want a challenge so 109 it is.

I want to know everything there is to know about this ride....I mean *everything*. Oh, and if that means dying 400000000000 times so be it, I dont really care about my "stats", but I do want to progress skill wise.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:37:27 AM by papjohns »

Army of Muppets

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:42:10 AM »
I like this guy, hes gunna be a good 109 pilot in a a short time with this attitude. Which 109 were you thinking about flying? K4 is the monster of the group but all are good rides. Hook up with any of these names listed below and Im sure they can teach you some stuff....

SunsFan
Krupnski
Grizz
Agent360
Ardy123(G14 dweeb)
BillyD
Kermit(G14 dweeb)
Creton(he can show you any of them)
warhed(G14 dweeb that I havnt seen in a bit :noid )

All of them are very good, just ask to join their DA sessions :salute

also, when I get back from leave I will be glad to help with what I can :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
I like this guy, hes gunna be a good 109 pilot in a a short time with this attitude. Which 109 were you thinking about flying? K4 is the monster of the group but all are good rides. Hook up with any of these names listed below and Im sure they can teach you some stuff....

SunsFan
Krupnski
Grizz
Agent360
Ardy123(G14 dweeb)
BillyD
Kermit(G14 dweeb)
Creton(he can show you any of them)
warhed(G14 dweeb that I havnt seen in a bit :noid )

All of them are very good, just ask to join their DA sessions :salute

also, when I get back from leave I will be glad to help with what I can :salute

Also, come fly with us in the ma...  I love your attitude.. I had a lot of help when I started out from a fairly well know 109 stick.... ;)

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 07:16:31 AM »

Also, come fly with us in the ma...  I love your attitude.. I had a lot of help when I started out from a fairly well know 109 stick.... ;)

I remember when you were in the DA furball lake as a noob.  Always butthurt when you couldn't get a 1v1 or you got HO'd. :lol Now there aren't many active players that can beat ya.   :cool:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 07:33:33 AM »
I remember when you were in the DA furball lake as a noob.  Always butthurt when you couldn't get a 1v1 or you got HO'd. :lol Now there aren't many active players that can beat ya.   :cool:
Dude dont get his EGO going........you might unleash the Ardavon  :devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
Dude dont get his EGO going........you might unleash the Ardavon  :devil

He knows who is daddy is.