Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 9400 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Why do you play the game?
« on: January 16, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »
I think in the end thats the question that fascinates me most. I grew up in the era of "the code" back when "men were men" and your measure was taken based on individual skill. Squads were important and you could go years before a top squad would even consider you for membership. Yes we all took bases and did all kinds of dweebish stuff. Deacking a field and then sitting behind the runway spawn in an A-26 was common. Then you'd taxi around behind the hanger so you could puddle jump it and pop the guy and then climb up so you could vulch him if he was dumb enough to roll a 3ed time. "Boys were boy's" and played games but in the end you looked for and valued a chance to take your measure.

The clip here is a major disappointment to me in the sense that I was hoping for a good 1 on 1 and was surprised that a quality stick from what I've always considered to be a quality squad would not want the same. Yes I gave up some position looking to clear another guy. No problem that I no longer had any advantage...no issue that win or lose i'm right by there base low & slow. So yes I wanted a chance to "cross props" and sure I commented on my disappointment. To then have someone give me the BS they "set me up" and were trolling for a whine is a load of garbage. You can't "set up" an SBD and why else would a be there?

So if you don't want a "fair" fight fine. I can live with that, but don't give me your garbage on 200 or hide behind insulting me for feeling disappointed. At the end of the day I fly for fun and for a challenge and have no problems winning or losing (well not a big problem). I'd rather fly right and "lose" then be a putz and "win".
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/losers%20on%20parade.ahf 

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
I play Aces High because I have always enjoyed WW2 aviation.  In here, I get to fly all the planes I read about.  Not only that, but the only reason I continue playing the game today is due to the friends I like to fly with...even if I'm just sitting in the tower talking.  I have forgotten about "the fight" since you rarely ever get a good one.  I guess, along with friends, the possibility of finding a good fight every now and then keeps me coming back.

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »
I like to wear a headset, cant hear anything else in the house.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
Snappy it's getting harder and harder to find those fights anymore. I feel your pain. :(

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
You can't "set up" an SBD and why else would a be there?

I wasn't setting the SBD up for anything, I was testing if my hypothesis was correct. Ie, setting you up for Ch200 tirade. Thanks for not dissapointing. :)

There it was, you spontaniously combusted, just like I thought you would.

I was about to turn away from the plane I was chasing anyway as I was very very low on fuel. If there's a fight at that situation I want to be very close to my field so I still can RTB. I really don't have control over others around me nor even try to have. They fly the sim just like me and are allowed to engage a con just as much as me. MA isn't a DA.

Like I said snaphook, your tears feed me. :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:33:30 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »
AvA, Scenarios, FSO.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 02:31:56 PM »
Fun.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
why would you need to set up a sbd in a 2 vs 2 fight? looks like brew ran to help at his base to protect score
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 02:39:10 PM »
why would you need to set up a sbd in a 2 vs 2 fight? looks like brew ran to help at his base to protect score
Crazy talk. :bolt:
See Rule #4

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »
Kiss my grits, your a hypocrite and a liar. You want to go land then go, I'm not going to catch you. You want to gang me, then gang me. But don't feed me your garbage. In the end "we" make this game. Every person in my squad knows I'd rather die then to have a quality fight ruined by a well meaning squaddie. Every squaddie and regular knight knows I'll give up position and/or kills to dive in and clear them. Every squaddie knows that I'll stay and die with em instead of taking my pelts home. Everyone who's ever fought me and earned enough of my respect to warrant a <S> or comment knows that I'll work with them in the TA or MA regardless of what squad or chess piece they fly for. A lot of people mistakenly view the DFC and it's members as a bunch of egotistical furballers. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While I can't speak for all of "us" I can and will speak for me. I do my best to fly with dignity and a bit of respect for the thousands on all sides that flew. bled and died strapped in an aluminum or wooden tube. I fly for the "good fight" and camaraderie it brings on all sides and i'll gladly share what little I know with anyone who is interested in learning and wants the same thing. As for you and your tripe and BS...well I'm not "disappointing" you. Go crawl under a rock where you belong.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
Uh oh.....This may not end well  :bolt:
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
I love killing wmaker's brewster.  

Because I know I have caught his very good SA, off guard  :D

If he didn't fly in such a way his pelt would be less appealing.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 02:51:26 PM »
The Brewster was happy to tag along with the 51 in hopes of picking the jug once it was caught by the pony. The Brewster ran to friends when SBD joined.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:54:30 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
I love killing wmaker's brewster. 

Because I know I have caught his very good SA, off guard  :D

If he didn't fly in such a way his pelt would be less appealing.

I love killing anyone in any plane, because my poor aim, SA, ACM, etc... usually hinders my ability to make stuff go BOOM!  :D
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 02:57:51 PM »
He said putz!  :O
Real men fly Radial!