Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 9401 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 03:02:42 PM »
Friends.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:18 PM »
Squads were important and you could go years before a top squad would even consider you for membership.

I second this statement! :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »
Snappy it's getting harder and harder to find those fights anymore. I feel your pain. :(
I'll give you a war like you won't believe bear! cause Im Rambo john J.
POTW

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 03:14:18 PM »
FSO
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
Why do you play the game?

When I started it was for fun.  Later it was for immersion, and trying to better myself (get good at it).  Now it's for Friends and Teaching others to be good at it.  I finally got to the point where I don't feel I have to prove myself anymore, and I can relax a bit. 

:salute
BigRat 
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
Friends, so you don't have to die alone.     :D    :rock

Pwny!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »
Hey  you included me in a photo thanks Steve! ;) owned everyone in the photo 2 mins later hehe.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:51:35 PM by crazyivan »
POTW

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
Hey  you included me in a photo thanks Steve! ;) owned everyone in the photo 2 mins later hehe.

:huh  Must not have made many friends seeing as every other plane in the picture is a friendly.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 03:58:32 PM »
:huh  Must not have made many friends seeing as every other plane in the picture is a friendly.  :aok

Hehehe  no kiddin. I'm the only plane there to own

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 04:05:03 PM »
Dang  i was a knight. I dont count those sorties!  :D
POTW

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »
Kiss my grits, your a hypocrite and a liar.

What did I lie about? Why exactly are you calling me a hypocrite?

You want to go land then go, I'm not going to catch you. You want to gang me, then gang me. But don't feed me your garbage.

What garbage? Based on your previous Ch200-conduct I've witnessed, I knew an explosion on your part was about to happen...and like I said, you didn't dissapoint me. :) Also, like I said, your tears feed me. :) I was right about you, unfortunately.

In the end "we" make this game.

Indeed we do. Online flight simming is extremely social hobby with a lot of interaction between different kinds of people from all around the globe. Kind of like a local bar or any other public space where you interact with other humanbeings. Different people with different thoughts, ideas and goals. It definately isn't my place to start preaching to anyone how to fly the sim, nor is it yours.

Every person in my squad knows I'd rather die then to have a quality fight ruined by a well meaning squaddie. Every squaddie and regular knight knows I'll give up position and/or kills to dive in and clear them.

These two sentences together are hilariously ironic. :)

Every squaddie knows that I'll stay and die with em instead of taking my pelts home.

Just general comment; You definately have the right to fly in any possible way you want to or fly whatever plane you want to but you don't have a right to insult other people who happen to fly differently than you. It is not your place to tell others how to fly.

I do my best to fly with dignity

...but you certainly don't behave with dignity.

As for you and your tripe and BS...well I'm not "disappointing" you. Go crawl under a rock where you belong.

I don't think a comment is needed here. :) Please go on. :)

I love killing wmaker's brewster.  

Because I know I have caught his very good SA, off guard  :D

If he didn't fly in such a way his pelt would be less appealing.

In all fairness, considering you usually fly a plane that has tens of miles per hour speed advantage and 1000-1500fpm climb advantage and hispanos your gloating here is a tad comical. :) The situations where you've gotten me while I've been in a Brewster have usually involved your country mates I've had to fight at the same time. As you know Bruv, I've shot you down plenty of times aswell but I won't gloat about them, I leave that to you. ;) You obviously feel the need to do so. :) Anyway, to get back to the theme of my post here, you can "gang" me with your squad as many times as you like and as long as you keep off the Ch200 you won't hear a word from me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:18:02 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
Lots like a pretty lame thing to do. Wmaker admits to knowing its Snap.... and like who else would it be  :D in the SBD. He ran because he wasn't sure he could beat him, plain and simple. His excuse is "because he wanted to tweak snap" and I'd call BS on that. Just another lame move, more worried about getting his name in lights than having a good fight.

I've been killed many a time by Snap, most of the time because I was looking for him to try for a bit of revenge  :neener: not that I get it that often. This game has fallen into the "look at me" barrel and its more important to get your name in lights, or near the top of the scoreboard than it is to have fun. Sure they all call it "fun" what they are doing.... saving gas at 35k.... NOE's with 30 of your closest friends... but when they loose the "rose colored glasses" and finally admit it to themselves the playing for score is a lot like work they will figure it out unless they get burnt out first. Ah well, to each his own I guess.

I feel for ya Snap, just another great example of poor game play.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »

In all fairness, considering you usually fly a plane that has tens of miles per hour speed advantage and 1000-1500fpm climb advantage and hispanos your gloating here is a tad comical. :) The situations where you've gotten me while I've been in a Brewster have usually involved your country mates I've had to fight at the same time. As you know Bruv, I've shot you down plenty of times aswell but I won't gloat about them, I leave that to you. ;) You obviously feel the need to do so. :) Anyway, to get back to the theme of my post here, you can "gang" me with your squad as many times as you like and as long as you keep off the Ch200 you won't hear a word from me.

FWIW, I think he was complimenting you on having good SA and being difficult to kill. As an outsider to the exchange, it seemed like this and not gloating.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »
im here for the chicks
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »
Because......

Well I have been around aircraft since I was born... My father and grandfather were pilots and I followed in their foot steps I just love flying and Aircraft in general, I can remember back when I was little sitting on my dad's lap in an G-164 Ag Cat back in the early 60's... and from that moment I knew what I wanted to do...

I can now say 50 years later... My oldest Daughter (22) Just complete her first solo, and the smile on her face is still there.

Plus Hitech is a PUTZ! :aok
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!