Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 9404 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »

FWIW, I think he was complimenting you on having good SA and being difficult to kill. As an outsider to the exchange, it seemed like this and not gloating.

You are probably right. I just got it the wrong way most probably. I'll be first to admit that it's pretty frustrating trying to survive against two well flown Spits in a Brewster. If for nothing else, it's because of the angles one can land crippling shots with hispanos. And the fact that we are "dragging" the actual plane that the other FE sees behind us and also because of the fact that Brewster looses its horizontal stabilizer from one hispano hit. :( I'll definately admit that I've died plenty in those type of situations..and will countinue to. It doesn't matter though, I love my Brewster. :)

Because of that frustration I read too strongly into your post Bruv...

My apologies!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:45:02 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
I have an AH account because of FSO.  If it weren't for that little sliver of "history" I'd be gone.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
If it wasn't for 200, I would have quit a long time ago.    :lol     :bolt:

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »
Film is there and all are there to draw whatever conclusion they want to.

1) You lied in that you were low on fuel and RTB, you lied that you were trolling. All you had to say is I didn't want to fight you 1 on 1 so I waited until I had help so I could get another kill. Or say nothing at all...

2) My 200 conduct is pretty good. Please elaborate for me...

3) I'm not telling anyone (even you) how to play the game. I simply registered my disappointment on 200 that I didn't get the chance to fly a 1 on 1 vs either of the 239's. I would have found that an enjoyable fight. I brought it to the BBS based on your comments on 200. I'd like to see the game swing back more to a sense of fair play vs the continual gang banging we see all the time.

4) I did not "insult you. I simply voiced my disappointment since I would have preferred to test my skill against either (or both one at a time) of the 239's. Your the one who insulted me on 200. Had you beaten me (which given your skill and the plane matchup you certainly should have) I'd have gladly complimented you and thanked the other 239 for allowing the fight.

5) you wouldnt know "dignity" if it bit you in the posterior.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
Film is there and all are there to draw whatever conclusion they want to.

1) You lied in that you were low on fuel and RTB, you lied that you were trolling. All you had to say is I didn't want to fight you 1 on 1 so I waited until I had help so I could get another kill. Or say nothing at all...

2) My 200 conduct is pretty good. Please elaborate for me...

3) I'm not telling anyone (even you) how to play the game. I simply registered my disappointment on 200 that I didn't get the chance to fly a 1 on 1 vs either of the 239's. I would have found that an enjoyable fight. I brought it to the BBS based on your comments on 200. I'd like to see the game swing back more to a sense of fair play vs the continual gang banging we see all the time.

4) I did not "insult you. I simply voiced my disappointment since I would have preferred to test my skill against either (or both one at a time) of the 239's. Your the one who insulted me on 200. Had you beaten me (which given your skill and the plane matchup you certainly should have) I'd have gladly complimented you and thanked the other 239 for allowing the fight.

5) you wouldnt know "dignity" if it bit you in the posterior.

Lol stop making more of a joke of yourself Humble. You had every chance to break the fight and head to another direction instead of following wmaker. You chose to follow and ended up in knee deep. Suck it up and go play some more.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »
I have an AH account because of FSO.  If it weren't for that little sliver of "history" I'd be gone.

Exactly the other way around here. Stopped flying snapshots, scenarios and other organized stuff long time ago. If there were no MA, I'd be gone.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
Lol stop making more of a joke of yourself Humble. You had every chance to break the fight and head to another direction instead of following wmaker. You chose to follow and ended up in knee deep. Suck it up and go play some more.

I was looking for you guys. I saw no reason to break off and had no particular expectation of "fair play". I simply expressed my disappointment that I didn't get a chance to fight one of you guys straight up. Given both the reputation the fins have for scrapyness and pride you take in flying your 239's I thought I might just get some consideration given the circumstances. Obviously I was mistaken in my thought that one of you might have welcomed such an encounter.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 05:24:39 PM »
I enjoy the game so I can be a target for everyone else to shoot at :D
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »
PULLLL!
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 05:39:23 PM »
I like flying or driving on the edges and getting free proxy kills when you both die.   :x   :cheers:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

PULLL !!

POTW

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »
gezz triple post!! :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:46:34 PM by crazyivan »
POTW

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
I like flying or driving on the edges and getting free proxy kills when you both die.   :x   :cheers:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,