Author Topic: The Marine & The Marine 2  (Read 651 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
The Marine & The Marine 2
« on: January 18, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »
Anyone else see these two? WWE productions w/ John Cena and Ted Dibiase Jr

Just your average storyline, wife gets kidnapped and husband saves her. I think 2 really worked out the flaws of the original, think the first one was kind of plain...lots of the guy running through the woods...
Surprisingly, 2 had me to the edge of my seat......almost. :)

So, your guys' thoughts?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Re: The Marine & The Marine 2
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
i thought the first 1 was trash. The scene where they rob the bank or jewelary store ( I cant remember it was a while ago when I saw it) the 1 guy walks outside with a RPG and shoots at a car driving towards him, the rocket goes under the car explodes which propels the car 15feet in the air with a HUGE fireball underneath.

like this ->

I am not going to even bother see the 2nd 1
OEF 11-12

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »
I think it was this movie, the first one, where in the beginning the guy was sprinting for a good 10 minutes doing all kinds of obstacles and crap while cutting off a car that was going a good 50mph. I changed the channel after that.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
The only thing I saw about the first one that was watchable was the smokin' hot brunette bank robber chick. The rest wasn't even worth the look.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »
With a title like the "The Marine", I wouldn't bother seeing it if you paid me.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 04:36:21 AM »
I just watched "Bus Stop Beatdown". Plot was totally inrealistic complete with phony action scenes. 

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »
Yeah the Marine the first was really hollywoody...the second wasn't too bad IMHO...I figured it was worth the watch.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »
Watched the first one out of curiosity...never again.

Not going to waste my time or money on the 2nd one unless I'm really seriously bored and drunk.

Like watching reruns of those old Hulk Hogan lame attempts...Thunder in Paradise?? I think was the names...gut wrenching unless you're brain is numbed with something.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:57:40 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
Should have watched the second one first...it fixed a lot of the flaws.

Not the logical way to do it...but yeah the first one was a waste. Second was decent IMHO...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:24:17 PM by Spikes »

FlyKommando.com

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »
I just watched "Bus Stop Beatdown". Plot was totally inrealistic complete with phony action scenes.  
lol you think thats bad? go watch Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.

here is the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o

and YES, at the end of the trailer that is Mega shark jumping out of the water up to 35,000ft as he bites a Boeing 747 and drags it underwater. here is the clip of that scene, Best acting i have ever seen  :lol

-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:10:14 PM by Selino631 »
OEF 11-12

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »
The only "wrestler" that turned out to be at least partially good at acting, was Dwayne Johnson. Stone Cold sucked, Goldberg sucked, Hulk Hogan.. wow. They're horrible actors while with WWF, WCW, ECW, TCW, TWW and any other acronym with the letter "W" in it, why on earth do they try and push it on the white screen?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
The only "wrestler" that turned out to be at least partially good at acting, was Dwayne Johnson. Stone Cold sucked, Goldberg sucked, Hulk Hogan.. wow. They're horrible actors while with WWF, WCW, ECW, TCW, TWW and any other acronym with the letter "W" in it, why on earth do they try and push it on the white screen?
Rowdy Roddy Piper wasn't too awful bad back in his time in movies...considering that he was really awfully bad. :aok

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
...with a HUGE fireball underneath.

If you live in LA, its a well known fact that any explosive device creates HUGE fireballs.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »
If you live in LA, its a well known fact that any explosive device creates HUGE fireballs.
Back when I first moved to LA in '92, I remember driving into the city and getting close to my destination in Sherman Oaks... I had pulled off the ventura and was headed north on a street near Moorpark st. and looked over and saw a brand new Lebaron convertible parked by the curb completely engulfed in flames... noone was out, not one bystander stopped to look, it was just sitting there burning out of control.  About a mile up the street I finally saw a firetruck drive by headed back in the direction of the burning car.  But I knew I was in a different type of city afer that.... people jogging by a brand new car engulfed in flames and not even a flinch.... of course that was the year that burning and LA were synonymous. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »

Mickey Rourke played a wrestler in ... "The Wrestler". Good movie too. Much better when actors go to wrasslin' than when wrassler's go to acting.