Author Topic: collisions bug exploit??  (Read 4189 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: collisions bug exploit??
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
If one is becoming angry at invoking the collision model I would simply suggest keeing a bit more seperation, or at least moving to a less crowded server....like mid war, until one calms down.

Moving to a less crowded arena won't solve his problem of colliding with someone else, he's not crashing into people because it's crowded, he's crashing into them because he's not moving out of the way.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
Collision issues?

Still kind of odd to collide and have only one plane go down. How does that cannon mg thing work? If we think we hit the guy with our bullet stream they should die, unless they don't see the same thing? Is that happening as well? Because that might explain why I am a lousy shot at times.

Reasons for Hoe?

1.Coming in fast and the opponent at first looks like he turned away but reallly turned in. I get some intent on aimage I don't break off in time.  :airplane:

2. I like it and I always assume that the ENY has turned tail and is running once they see my gleaming streak of aviation cartoonary.

Infidelz

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »
this is all very simple.

1)you see collision on your screen.
2)you go down.

A)you see no collision on your screen.
B)you don't go down.

now, if you went down, watch the film. chances are good he was shooting at ya.

i'd be pissed if i gave up a shot, to avoid collision, missed your airplane, and still ended up with a broken airplane.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »
Collision issues?

Still kind of odd to collide and have only one plane go down. How does that cannon mg thing work? If we think we hit the guy with our bullet stream they should die, unless they don't see the same thing? Is that happening as well? Because that might explain why I am a lousy shot at times.

Reasons for Hoe?

1.Coming in fast and the opponent at first looks like he turned away but reallly turned in. I get some intent on aimage I don't break off in time.  :airplane:

2. I like it and I always assume that the ENY has turned tail and is running once they see my gleaming streak of aviation cartoonary.

Infidelz

The person being shot with bullets will see the bullets miss behind him if he is turning. But if the shooter sees a hit, the hit counts. What the receiver sees has no effect on the results of the bullets.

HiTech

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
I've noticed that every time I die in a collision I usually deserved it...
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »

Same here. It's pretty simple, don't fly so close and you have a better chance of missing the collision.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »

+1...i usually get em when i'm dumb enough to try returning the ho.......
or in one particularily funny one, i shot down 2 lancs, and flew directly into #3. it wasn't anything with them warping around...it was my stupidly planned attack.
 i laughed my bellybutton off at that one.  :rofl :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »
The last time i was hit was like a week ago, but before that i cant remember the last time i was in a collision.I was shooting down some 88's in early war with a 190 (perk ride),i told the guy to take his last 88 home i felt bad for picking on the 88's .I then flew next to him,he preceded to hard turn in to me i seen him coming but could not get out of the way fast enough.I told him good job,and thought it was a fine move on his part.But besides that i don't get hit,i don't ho.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 01:01:46 AM »
Perception in AH isn't always reality, the environment is so alive (more so in a furball) that you can't always know what happened unless you watch the film later.

Here is a good example.

On Monday I had an enemy aircraft come flying straight at me, he started flying at 1.5k out.

I was flying an 190A8 at the time instead of my trusty P38 but I still refused to back down. I side slipped the 190 to one side and watched his fire pass to my right. Still closing rapidly, I yawed the aircraft to the other side and squeezed the trigger once as we got within 200 yards(I don't use tracers) and his left wing lit up and broke off the enemy plane. His 1 winged bird collided with me and exploded just as he flew past me. Not taking a single hit I flew past looking for more prey.

Immediately afterwards channel 200 came alive.

DeadMan:200: Nice pick Delirium I never even saw you 38 moran
DeadMan:200: wtg 190 thanks for the ram

(note: spelling/punctuation errors not corrected)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:30 AM »
Rarely get into collisions these days but do still let myself get caught out out by getting close enought for the bad guy to make a shot that seems impossible on my end but (clearly) wasn't on theirs.

Long and the short of it is don't get too close and their won't be any nasty surprises.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 07:07:43 AM »
i hate collisions i really do, so much so that whenever one happens, no matter if it was me, or the other guy, i pm and say sorry as soon as i can, as it ruins a good fight. So imagine today, when ******** rams me in an a20 (hes in a 38), only to start a purse fight on ch200 how i rammed him and how 71st squad are terrible etc etc... I then went on to shoot him down in a 1on3 battle and he claimed i HO'ed him. really is what they see there end SO different to what i see on my end?

My plane was half a plane length away from from his P38 when i saw his tail fall off. How did i ram him? And the HO arguement was laughable too. I got inside his turn, he had almost managed to do a 180 on me but i managed to shoot down on his cockpit/engine/wing. Apparently thats a HO. Sigh... all i want to do is fight.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:16:49 AM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
i hate collisions i really do, so much so that whenever one happens, no matter if it was me, or the other guy, i pm and say sorry as soon as i can, as it ruins a good fight. So imagine today, when ******** rams me in an a20 (hes in a 38), only to start a purse fight on ch200 how i rammed him and how 71st squad are terrible etc etc... I then went on to shoot him down in a 1on3 battle and he claimed i HO'ed him. really is what they see there end SO different to what i see on my end?

My plane was half a plane length away from from his P38 when i saw his tail fall off. How did i ram him? And the HO arguement was laughable too. I got inside his turn, he had almost managed to do a 180 on me but i managed to shoot down on his cockpit/engine/wing. Apparently thats a HO. Sigh... all i want to do is fight.

There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 09:51:30 AM »

DeadMan:200: Nice pick Delirium I never even saw you 38 moran
DeadMan:200: wtg 190 thanks for the ram

(note: spelling/punctuation errors not corrected)

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »
SlapShot mind If I use that line?

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 10:02:19 AM »
There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage.

That is good.     :D
325th Checkertails