Author Topic: collisions bug exploit??  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: collisions bug exploit??
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »
SlapShot mind If I use that line?

Only if you let Stig back in long enough to see it then PNG him again...lol
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
Im not sure but I think the collision may bug out sometimes..

This was from last night in TT, I was on the ground in a tank, tracked and turreted just sitting there waiting to die taking base ack hits when this popped up. There was NO delay inbetween the two messages.

Can you explain this one? I cant.. /shrug Im not accussing anyone of "cheatery" or anything, but it was odd for sure.. how do you land kills and collide at the same time?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »
SlapShot mind If I use that line?

Feel free Dale.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »
Im not sure but I think the collision may bug out sometimes..

This was from last night in TT, I was on the ground in a tank, tracked and turreted just sitting there waiting to die taking base ack hits when this popped up. There was NO delay inbetween the two messages.

Can you explain this one? I cant.. /shrug Im not accussing anyone of "cheatery" or anything, but it was odd for sure.. how do you land kills and collide at the same time?

(Image removed from quote.)

It would seem that when he towered, your FE saw it as a collission. I have seen planes jump towards the tower when folks tower out on the tarmac. Were you between where he was on the tarmac and the tower?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »

yeah, the collision happened on his FE just before he towered out. the server received the landed message from his FE and displayed it before the collision message was received by your FE and displayed.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »
yeah, the collision happened on his FE just before he towered out. the server received the landed message from his FE and displayed it before the collision message was received by your FE and displayed.

STOP THAT YOU!!!!!!!

NO COMMON SENSE ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD!!  :bolt: :noid :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
oops sorry :D

I'll get my coat :bolt:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 11:59:41 AM »
oops sorry :D

I'll get my coat :bolt:

:rofl :rofl

I really find it hard to believe that there's yet another thread on this........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
It would seem that when he towered, your FE saw it as a collission. I have seen planes jump towards the tower when folks tower out on the tarmac. Were you between where he was on the tarmac and the tower?

I have no idea where I was in relation to him, I didnt see him land. Ive seen the same happen when someone towers, and that does make sense.. but should it be happening? answer = no ... correct?  :lol

One of you is saying it was my FE and one is saying it was his.. too complicated for me  :lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:11:17 PM by flapsup »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »
Last night in EW I had to fly a sector to defend our lone port on an enemy island.  Got there just in time to blow past a B25 and A20 flying cap to kill half the meatsacks hanging in their chutes.  Then I had to evade the C47 that was trying to ram me while I worked onl the other two.  Just about to saw the B25 in half and lost my tail to the A20.   :lol
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »
Last night in EW I had to fly a sector to defend our lone port on an enemy island.  Got there just in time to blow past a B25 and A20 flying cap to kill half the meatsacks hanging in their chutes.  Then I had to evade the C47 that was trying to ram me while I worked onl the other two.  Just about to saw the B25 in half and lost my tail to the A20.   :lol

You expect us to believe there were at least 4 in EW.... and to boot some were on opposing sides??? Come on now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
You'll have to trust me  :angel: ...didn't have film rolling as proof.   :P

After that, I actually had some good fights against a couple of guys.  Yes the arena is underpopulated, but there are still fun fights to be found.  If you're like me and only care about the fight and could care less about score, K/D, K/S, K/H, etc. etc. flying EW planes is a good time.  Showed 'em a thing or two about fighting against a Hurri Mk1.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »
STOP THAT YOU!!!!!!!

NO COMMON SENSE ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD!!  :bolt: :noid :aok

Well, from the pic above it looks like the tank is not on paved surface.  Don't planes have to land on paved surface in order to get a successful landing?  If that is true and the tank is not moving since he is tracked how could he possible see a collision on his FE and get a successful landing before the collision message?  If he was skidding towards the pavement upfront shouldn't the collision message appear first?

As for the common sense part, really, both the collision and the landing happened in the other guys FE in that order.  What common sense explains the fact that the messages got to the other guy in reverse order?  I know this is the one and only bug free software ever written but these attitudes don't help any one.  If it is a bug HT will fix it and if its not well, nothing to do.  No need to belittle every one questioning something.

So, if message A and message B originate at the same place in that order, how does B get to the destination prior to A?  There are ways to do that if two different venues are used for the two messages but I am not sure RTs explanation included that.  It could be as simple as two venues used for the two messages or it could actually be - oh my got, I am going to say it - a bug  :uhoh

"the server received the landed message from his FE and displayed it before the collision message was received by your FE and displayed."
Common sense? really?  Server displayed but FE received  :lol 

Let HT figure it out.

Can you post the film so we can see the sequence of events?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
Well, from the pic above it looks like the tank is not on paved surface.  Don't planes have to land on paved surface in order to get a successful landing?  If that is true and the tank is not moving since he is tracked how could he possible see a collision on his FE and get a successful landing before the collision message?  If he was skidding towards the pavement upfront shouldn't the collision message appear first?

As for the common sense part, really, both the collision and the landing happened in the other guys FE in that order.  What common sense explains the fact that the messages got to the other guy in reverse order?  I know this is the one and only bug free software ever written but these attitudes don't help any one.  If it is a bug HT will fix it and if its not well, nothing to do.  No need to belittle every one questioning something.

So, if message A and message B originate at the same place in that order, how does B get to the destination prior to A?  There are ways to do that if two different venues are used for the two messages but I am not sure RTs explanation included that.  It could be as simple as two venues used for the two messages or it could actually be - oh my got, I am going to say it - a bug  :uhoh

"the server received the landed message from his FE and displayed it before the collision message was received by your FE and displayed."
Common sense? really?  Server displayed but FE received  :lol 

Let HT figure it out.

Can you post the film so we can see the sequence of events?

Ummm ... the tank in the picture (flapsup) is not the guy that "landed" ... prs3rd2 landed his Il-2 on the runway/tarmac ... obviously ... :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »
Ummm ... the tank in the picture (flapsup) is not the guy that "landed" ... prs3rd2 landed his Il-2 on the runway/tarmac ... obviously ... :rolleyes:

Duh, that is what I am saying too  :P so how did he collide with the tank if he was on the runway in his FE?  Tank not moving so if he saw it on the runway in his FE then something is wrong.  If he was skidding towards the runway and collided on the way there, then why are the messages reversed?  Read old one, read! lol.  It is ok to question things when something seems off.  You may be wrong, but its worth it for the few times you are right.  We have a bug forum, so that implies that once in a while we may have a bug.  No need to dismiss everything right away.  HT can do that since he knows his code and design.  We are only guessing.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.