Author Topic: collisions bug exploit??  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
Re: collisions bug exploit??
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
Lute,

To be honest, I don't know.  It is just a film from my end that shows no doubt that we collided, and I blew up.  So, it is possible that from his end he shot me down without colliding from his perspective?
This is all just for my personal knowlede not insinuating anything.

Thanx

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2010, 08:07:37 PM »
Common sense tells you if the gopher wears his mining helmet when he goes down the hole, then you wouldn't have collided

Becinhu---

I am an alum of WVU and am now pissed they never taught me any common sense!  :rofl

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:03 PM »
Lute,

To be honest, I don't know.  It is just a film from my end that shows no doubt that we collided, and I blew up.  So, it is possible that from his end he shot me down without colliding from his perspective?
This is all just for my personal knowlede not insinuating anything.

Thanx
yup quite possible.
Look over this link.
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/lag/lag.htm
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
look at this pic.

immediatly after this point in time, i got the white "XXX has collided with you"

it's plain to see in this picture, that we missed by at least 10 feet, if not more. so......why should i go down, because HIS computer saw us touch???
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
look at this pic.
(Image removed from quote.)

immediatly after this point in time, i got the white "XXX has collided with you"

it's plain to see in this picture, that we missed by at least 10 feet, if not more. so......why should i go down, because HIS computer saw us touch???

Because his Bullets collided with you as well.

The picture doesn't show a "we", it shows a you, from your perspective.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »
Because his Bullets collided with you as well.

The picture doesn't show a "we", it shows a you, from your perspective.

wrongway

correct....if his bullets took me down.....fine. he missed me on this pass. not one single ping. he smoked the snot outta me on the first two passes.

my point was, that his end saw his plane collide with mine, and what i posted is what i saw.

i'd be pissed to suffer a wing loss due to midair collision seeing that space there.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2010, 07:29:48 AM »
Except that "XXXX collided with you" does you NO damage.  No matter who and how many or how many times you see "XXXX collided with you", there's no damage from the collision.

The only time you get damaged by a collision is when you see "You have collided." - which is when your copy of the game on your system detects an intersection of your plane and another vehicle.

The reason you lose your wing (or whatever) at the same time you see a "XXXX has collided with you" message is that he was firing at you when he ran into you.  It's his bullets that tore you up, not the collision.

Make sense?

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
Except that "XXXX collided with you" does you NO damage.  No matter who and how many or how many times you see "XXXX collided with you", there's no damage from the collision.

The only time you get damaged by a collision is when you see "You have collided." - which is when your copy of the game on your system detects an intersection of your plane and another vehicle.

The reason you lose your wing (or whatever) at the same time you see a "XXXX has collided with you" message is that he was firing at you when he ran into you.  It's his bullets that tore you up, not the collision.

Make sense?

yes, i DO understand. the op(i think)is/was trying to say that if he sees a collision on his end, that both aircraft should go down.
 i was using this pit to show why that shouldn't be so.

what you see on your monitor, is what you get.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2010, 08:01:08 AM »
Bronk, that link was great I understand completly.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2010, 08:13:41 AM »
Life probably easier without those messages.  Let people think they got HOed  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »
Life probably easier without those messages.  Let people think they got HOed  :rofl

good point.  :rofl :rofl

funny thing on that "fight". it wasn't really a fight.......it was more of a jousting match. all he wanted to do was ho......i couldn't figure out how to get an angle besides that, so from the 2nd pass on, i fired back at him.
 the funny part? when my engine finally quit, i headed for the field below, and stayed in the ack till he gave up. he comes on open channel saying "go ahead and land p38, you obviously don't want to fight"   :rofl :rofl
 even funnier, i watched the film from his view....that statement came right after his engine quit. had i known that, i'd have gone and vulched his dumb arse just 'cause he was a dweeb...... :noid :rofl :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2010, 09:21:50 AM »
I have seen alot more lately of tracers off HO's! That to me is ultimate deewbery!

:rofl
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2010, 10:23:57 AM »
Im not sure but I think the collision may bug out sometimes..

This was from last night in TT, I was on the ground in a tank, tracked and turreted just sitting there waiting to die taking base ack hits when this popped up. There was NO delay inbetween the two messages.

Can you explain this one? I cant.. /shrug Im not accussing anyone of "cheatery" or anything, but it was odd for sure.. how do you land kills and collide at the same time?

This is simple, you type .ef, the server receives this just like any other text command, Your computer is still flying, and it then collides and sends the text message "So and So has collided with you" , the host then sends a command to the client to exit flight and at the same time scores and sends sends the text message "Landed xx kills", the host recievs the Collided message and retransmits it to you.

Basically the collision happend immediately after sending the .ef

I.E. not a bug.

HiTech

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
This is simple, you type .ef, the server receives this just like any other text command, Your computer is still flying, and it then collides and sends the text message "So and So has collided with you" , the host then sends a command to the client to exit flight and at the same time scores and sends sends the text message "Landed xx kills", the host recievs the Collided message and retransmits it to you.

I.E. not a bug.

HiTech

Im not calling it a bug, I did say "bug out" but I didnt mean a "bug" in the technical sense of the word.. meaning something wrong with the game.

If your flight was actually ending where your plane came to a stop on the runway then this instance of a collision would/could never happen.

The collision was "impossible" as I see it since I was no where near where the plane landed.. he didnt fly into me and I couldnt have driven to him..

At any rate I couldnt care less, I didnt come to the forum to post about it, the post "collisions bug exploit" was already there and I was just chiming in with something I caught the night before that I had not seen in 5 years of playing the game.

I gave up long ago trying to figure out how the game works, I just play it now.. to me your explanation is like trying to read Chinese.

edit:
Im not trying to be rude here, just stating how I see it from my point of view and I am also not claiming my point of view is correct in any way  :cheers:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:05:57 PM by flapsup »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2010, 02:10:28 PM »

I.E. not a bug.

HiTech

But don't you have to be standing still in order to do a .ef?  What did he collide with?  There is nothing on the runway.  Is this a case of what the host knows vs what teh FE knows?  meaning, the host thought he had already stopped moving?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.