Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11276 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:12 AM »
There is one instance where I think it's acceptable to clear a friendly's 12 and that's when he's being outrun by a runner.  Since I usually fly with some alt I've cleared several of these.  As I approach I always tell the friendly "id... coming through".  A little common courtesy/communication helps.

Other than that I hate tracers coming over my wings (like they have a better shot than me?) or the guy who appears in front of me with no notice.  I've had to stop firing on many occasions and have been kill shot that way on others.  I mean really, if I'm already firing you need to jump in front of me?

I might turn the runner for him but I won't shoot him unless the friendly is in some distress.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »
Bottom line, newbs need to know that above and beyond the quest to get a kill... communication is the appropriate avenue for these situations... just ask the fella, most will let you know if they want you to stay out or not...  and as far as bendover Blooz, he should take the statements of the vets that posted here, in objection to his line of thinking,  with a little more common sense respect... the ole "its gonna happen, so bend over", simply is not the way to teach newcomers the ropes, the frustrating results of ignorance are easily preventable through simply letting them know the proper way to approach this situation.... through communication.

:salute

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
I might turn the runner for him but I won't shoot him unless the friendly is in some distress.

Ummm...being that Shuff just commited perjury and just related an example of exactly the behavior that you guys have been chastising me for the last 5 pages in this thread goes to prove my argument.

Make all the little unwritten rules you want but you guys are guilty of jumping into the very situation that you've been trying so hard to deny in this thread.

Is "hypocrisy" too strong a word?

As I've tried to show all along, don't blame the guy trying to help kill the enemy. Blame yourself for continuing to shoot over his shoulder because you're greedy for the kill.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09:23 AM »
Bottom line, newbs need to know that above and beyond the quest to get a kill... communication is the appropriate avenue for these situations... just ask the fella, most will let you know if they want you to stay out or not...  and as far as bendover Blooz, he should take the statements of the vets that posted here, in objection to his line of thinking,  with a little more common sense respect... the ole "its gonna happen, so bend over", simply is not the way to teach newcomers the ropes, the frustrating results of ignorance are easily preventable through simply letting them know the proper way to approach this situation.... through communication.

Mark

its not just the Newbies Mark, last night i couldnt tell you how many times i was in really fun 1v1's  im talking 3 to 5 min fights and low and behold someone just flys in and kills the guy and flys off, the MA is losing its luster for me, if i need help i always ask and if i see a countryman in trouble i will ask if he needs my help if they say no i continue on, If the enemy is getting around on my fellow countrymen ill tell him ill clear his 6 and thats it, i wont steal a kill to much of that is going on as it is.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

Mark

Just as many Vets have been sent to the Tower firing over my shoulder, as have new players.   Just as many Vets "join the Conga lines" to be the 8th person on the 6 of a lone con.   Just saying.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
Ummm...being that Shuff just commited perjury and just related an example of exactly the behavior that you guys have been chastising me for the last 5 pages in this thread goes to prove my argument.

Make all the little unwritten rules you want but you guys are guilty of jumping into the very situation that you've been trying so hard to deny in this thread.

As I've tried to show all along, don't blame the guy trying to help kill the enemy. Blame yourself for continuing to shoot over his shoulder because you're greedy for the kill.

Do you know what perjury means?  :D

What your talking about doing and what I said I will do is two different things. In my setup I never get near the bullit stream of my countryman as I turn the con. In most all cases the con is out of range of a decent firing soulution for the friendly. Hence the reason for a push to turn.

Impossible to do when your bullit stream is in flight and he drops out of nowhere into it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:29:17 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »
Just as many Vets have been sent to the Tower firing over my shoulder, as have new players.   Just as many Vets "join the Conga lines" to be the 8th person on the 6 of a lone con.   Just saying.

Hehe, yep  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »

Not once have I seen someone denying that they have ever done this...I have seen statements where fellas explained how they learned that there was a better way to treat your countrymen, than to dive in and clear their 12 without asking them....and then stating the better way.  

Simply put, one of the most moronic statements I have ever seen on this BBS....really. :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »
i couldnt tell you how many times i was in really fun 1v1's  im talking 3 to 5 min fights and low and behold someone just flys in and kills the guy and flys off, the MA is losing its luster for me
Every time I log into the game its kind of like being dealt a hand of cards.  you just never really know whether your going to get in on some good action or get stuck with a gaggle of man dork child  squeeker type gamers.  If your getting frustrated try MW for an hour or two.  Would probably help a little just to change it up a bit.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
Every time I log into the game its kind of like being dealt a hand of cards.  you just never really know whether your going to get in on some good action or get stuck with a gaggle of man dork child  squeeker type gamers.  If your getting frustrated try MW for an hour or two.  Would probably help a little just to change it up a bit.

Yeager i love the MW, i find more 1v1 theres no ganging hordes, sure theres not alot of people that go there (don't know why) when i go in theres usaully 16 to 32 depending on what time, real friendly people on all sides and ive made some new friends in there, Ive noticed that in MW its alot easier to fight how you want to than the LW, you can get into a 1v1 and don't really have to look out for 6 more bad guys jumping in.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
Blooz is right. Some say its all about the fight. If that's true the kill aspect really shouldn't matter that much. You have a good fight even if some one else gets the kill. You guys really have to stop being so confusing it is getting hard to keep up. Its not going to change no matter how much you post are give people a hard time. You may sway some "to the path of righteousness" but you will never sway them all.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »
Blooz is right. Some say its all about the fight. If that's true the kill aspect really shouldn't matter that much. You have a good fight even if some one else gets the kill. You guys really have to stop being so confusing it is getting hard to keep up. Its not going to change no matter how much you post are give people a hard time. You may sway some "to the path of righteousness" but you will never sway them all.
funny you say this... he couldnt be more wrong... I dont post here to sway folks, I state my opinion from my experience.. sometimes my opinion is weighted in facts from years of experience... this so happens to be one of those times... if you ask(which shows courteousy to your countrymen), you get better respectful reactions from all involved and everyone feels better about the situation, not to mention those countrymen will remember your behavior and be more willing to help you in the future...  to twist this fact into some sort of crap argument like you and Bendover Blooz are tryin to do, simply shows that you two are simply missing the point.. or are pushing a disrespectful strategy...so... which is it?

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »
funny you say this... he couldnt be more wrong... I dont post here to sway folks, I state my opinion from my experience.. sometimes my opinion is weighted in facts from years of experience... this so happens to be one of those times... if you ask(which shows courteousy to your countrymen), you get better respectful reactions from all involved and everyone feels better about the situation, not to mention those countrymen will remember your behavior and be more willing to help you in the future...  to twist this fact into some sort of crap argument like you and Bendover Blooz are tryin to do, simply shows that you two are simply missing the point.. or are pushing a disrespectful strategy...so... which is it?

So your not posting to change peoples mind about clearing someones 12 o clock,ok.

Like I said before if it is painfully obvious that its a 1v1 then yes its lame. If there is more than one red guy or its not 1v1 then no its not disrespectful. They should have shot him down faster. It is not going to change no matter what your opinion on the matter is.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2010, 04:45:26 PM »

A good fight is to the finish. Even if the finish is one plane being damaged to the point of not being able to continue and the other waving off, saluting and wishing him luck on making it home.

The kill is not important necessarily to the 2 fighting. It is obviously important to the one who has to jump into another fight just to get one. That is why it is usually comical to back off and let your adversary kill the interloper.

If you really want to see something funny.... stay in and and make the interloper think he is roping the con for you.... but don't shoot the con.  :devil

If only one changes their ways it is still an improvement to the community as a whole. If your not interested in changing so be it. There are others who will.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:47:21 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »
A good fight is to the finish. Even if the finish is one plane being damaged to the point of not being able to continue and the other waving off, saluting and wishing him luck on making it home.

The kill is not important necessarily to the 2 fighting. It is obviously important to the one who has to jump into another fight just to get one. That is why it is usually comical to back off and let your adversary kill the interloper.

If you really want to see something funny.... stay in and and make the interloper think he is roping the con for you.... but don't shoot the con.  :devil

If only one changes their ways it is still an improvement to the community as a whole. If your not interested in changing so be it. There are others who will.
Shuff... LMAO!! I can't tell you how many times I have just wandered off if my fight gets jumped, and the red fella smokes the friendly... funny stuff!  I usually ask the friendly to stay out, and many times they do... but some don't, and even after laming up an excuse like, "I thought you needed help"  they continue to try and kill him... that is when leaving them to die is so satisfying!!!  :devil