Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11260 times)

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
the "WOOOOWOOOO" film should have been posted aloooong time ago. shame on the ones that have it and didn't post it.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »
 :lol true
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »
yeah, classic gut buster!!!! :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
Blooz is right. Some say its all about the fight. If that's true the kill aspect really shouldn't matter that much. You have a good fight even if some one else gets the kill. You guys really have to stop being so confusing it is getting hard to keep up. Its not going to change no matter how much you post are give people a hard time. You may sway some "to the path of righteousness" but you will never sway them all.

Why are you and blooz so intent on proving that what we say is worthless? What is your problem with people trying to put out something positive?

There is NOTHING confusing about what we are saying...you just can't or don't want to understand.

I think you are just a pessimist who would rather come up with 100 reasons why something can't be done instead one GOOD reason why it can be done.

If we "sway some to the path of righteousness" then it will be well worth it. Because we can't save them all is not a reason not to save some of them.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »
Im thinking maybe a couple posters in this thread should head over to the Wishlist forum and ask for a "Check 12" command.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
Im thinking maybe a couple posters in this thread should head over to the Wishlist forum and ask for a "Check 12" command.

As Larry the Cable Guy would say " Now Thats Funny Right There"    How can you not see your 12  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  i can hear it now...  UberDudE .....  i need help down here i got someone on my 12
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:40:34 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »
Oh where to begin in beating this dead horse again:

a) Yes it is rude to rob someone of a kill that they were workign on... but courtesy's aside, the fight isn't over until someone falls outa the sky, so to assume the kill was yours when you haven't recieved it yet does not mean for sure that you were for sure going to get the kill anyways. 

b) Situational awareness makes or breaks a pilot.  If killshooter was off, then surely only the most unseasoned pilots would willingly put their plane directly in the line of fire from a friendly (and take damage) to pick off one kill.  Since there is no penalty for a player to fly themselves infront of a firing friendly (killshooter), we often overlook and forget about this aspect of being aware of your current situation in a fight.  So now the responcibility falls to the initial friendly pilot.  If you were unaware of the friendly coming up quickly behind you that is iminutley about to park themselves between you and your target (and right infront of your guns), then it's your fault.  What if instead fo a friendly he was another enemy?  You'd be dead.  Poor SA (IE: only beign aware of your situation and that of your imediate target) and poor shooting skills will surely get yourself shot up (thanks to killshooter).  Good SA will not since you'll know where the target is, where you are, and where the other firendly/enemy aircraft are in the fight.  Good SA would also afford you the insight into seeing that you don't have to stay latched onto your opponents tail, your buddy can, so now instead you can do... oh say, grab some alt or keep soem E up while waiting for your univited buddy (who is latched on to the enemy's tail) to pressure him into a bad situation, and then drop down for the kill (and maybe watch your uninvited buddy KS himself too =D ).

c)  It's war (in our cartoon skys).  Green icons vs. red icons.  One less red icon for one is one less red icon for all.  "If it's red, it's dead" mentality, etc.

d)  It's all Dale's fault.

e)  It's all Skuzzy's fault

f)  It's the mailmans fault for not delivering a certain players medical perscriptions this week.

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
I have on more than one occassion watched two Gomers go Head to head and at the merge/ram one Gomer gets exploded and the other Gomer is slowly floating down with his tail gone.  It is at this point that I go in for the target of opportunity kill and grab that bloodied scalp for my own felatious gratification.

What are you guys talking about again?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2010, 11:03:53 PM »
Blooz, COMPLETE BS. I can only assume the nooblettes are being purposefully thick or are genuinely stupid. You know exactly what we're talking about. Yeah, it happens sometimes in a tight fight, sometimes maybe you don't see what's going on, yeah, it happens. What were talking about is zooming on an obvious 1v1 and clearing someone's 12. If you can't figure this out, go play COD 'cause your a retard. Im not good enough that I don't earn every kill I get. I can't stand it when I've managed to wear someone down and gain the advantage just to have some fraktard fly half a sector to zap the con I've clearly saddled.

You know your wrong, the timbre of your comments has changed since the vets have arrayed themselves against you. First it was "Do it, it's perfectly ok" to "well, it may happen from time to time, deal with it" to "well, maybe your not clearly in charge. Why so irritated?".

Again, if you honestly can't figure this out, there is no amount of explaining that will get it through that thick skull. It has been dissected clearly and concisely so that even the most brain dead imbecile could see exactly what is being said. Don't embarass yourself by trying to shore up a stupid arguement. Just admit you are wrong and  learn from the experience of people that have been dedicated to this game and its content for a LONG time.

And one more thing, If you wanna be a team mate, clear my six, stay the hell out of my way, disrupt the incoming horde that's gonna catch me low and slow. Don't come down to win a fight I've already obviously won.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:28:42 PM by Bubbajj »

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2010, 12:27:42 AM »
Like I said, "There enough testosterone around here without me peeing on the deck too".   :furious    :banana:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2010, 02:53:29 AM »
Just as many Vets have been sent to the Tower firing over my shoulder, as have new players.   Just as many Vets "join the Conga lines" to be the 8th person on the 6 of a lone con.   Just saying.
True statement, I save the films of the people who talk about The Fight then ganged me just for rainy days :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2010, 07:03:10 AM »
Enough with the names.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

This situation is going to happen and there's nothing you're going to do about it except maybe killshoot yourself just like the OP did. Then you'll get ticked off like the OP did and run in here screaming at the new guys for killing yourself when all you had to do was keep cool and hold your fire and see what the result of his attack was.

If you weren't so thick you'd read the original post and see it's just another dumb thread about some pilot that got mad because he shot himself down and blames others when he should blame himself.

You're assuming I clear 12's. I don't. You're also assuming you can change the way others play the game or prevent them from clearing your 12. You can't. So in future, to keep threads like this from starting, when someone gets between you and your target, hold your fire. Thanks.

Blooz, COMPLETE BS. I can only assume the nooblettes are being purposefully thick or are genuinely stupid. You know exactly what we're talking about. Yeah, it happens sometimes in a tight fight, sometimes maybe you don't see what's going on, yeah, it happens. What were talking about is zooming on an obvious 1v1 and clearing someone's 12. If you can't figure this out, go play COD 'cause your a retard. Im not good enough that I don't earn every kill I get. I can't stand it when I've managed to wear someone down and gain the advantage just to have some fraktard fly half a sector to zap the con I've clearly saddled.

You know your wrong, the timbre of your comments has changed since the vets have arrayed themselves against you. First it was "Do it, it's perfectly ok" to "well, it may happen from time to time, deal with it" to "well, maybe your not clearly in charge. Why so irritated?".

Again, if you honestly can't figure this out, there is no amount of explaining that will get it through that thick skull. It has been dissected clearly and concisely so that even the most brain dead imbecile could see exactly what is being said. Don't embarass yourself by trying to shore up a stupid arguement. Just admit you are wrong and  learn from the experience of people that have been dedicated to this game and its content for a LONG time.

And one more thing, If you wanna be a team mate, clear my six, stay the hell out of my way, disrupt the incoming horde that's gonna catch me low and slow. Don't come down to win a fight I've already obviously won.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:08:33 AM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »

Where do you guys find all these rules?

I first started online flight sims in the late 80's with Airwarrior on GEnie. It had simple black and white wireframe graphics, and cost a arm & a leg to play. Yes we did alot of 1 vs. 1 fighting.... not because we wanted to. Most nights there was to few of us online to do anything but that. We dreamed of the day that we would have 100's of players online, tons of planes, tanks, ships that moved, large maps to conquer, and we wanted to play WAR!

As the games got better, more "n00bs" came, and the rule became, if you're looking for a one on one don't look for it in the Main Arenas, in AW we jump into "Dueling mode" other sims you go to the Dueling Arenas. That's what they are for...... and called "Dueling Arena". Is it bad form to fly into someones line of fire?... yes. If i am flying along and see two planes in a fight and it looks look the guy on my side is winning. Do I jump in? maybe not. If it looks like he is not winning? Do I jump in? If I look around and see no "bad guys" that may jump me, then odd are yes.

Do I care if they wanted my help?....... not at all, we are in the main Arena.

Cavalry
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2010, 11:13:50 AM »
Enough with the names.

If you weren't so thick you'd read the original post and see it's just another dumb thread about some pilot that got mad because he shot himself down and blames others when he should blame himself.
....it's not a matter of blame, it's a matter of learning a protocol that works to respectfully avoid the problem if possible....  99% of the times, the whole negative situation.. reguardless of how debatable the topic is.. could be avoided by a simple communication, with a splash of courtesy to boot! 

:aok

:rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »

Where do you guys find all these rules?

Cavalry

:aok :aok :aok
Truer words never spoken - I too am at a complete loss as to where these people come up with all these rules for a simulatoin of something that had NO rules - War!! It goes on and on and on......mainly from what I've dubbed the Circle Fight Mafia ( in the squad it's known as the Turntard Bullies) who seem to be trying to force everyone to fly their particular style of play.

They are indeed welcome to fly any way they want - they have my blessings( altho they certainly don't need them). Nor does anyone else need someone elses stamp of approval to fly any way that they choose.

Their incessant demands to "fly right" (and "right" is how "they" say it is) gets old very fast and in my view is uncalled for - abusive and disrespectful of other peoples rights. Their line of discussion smacks of "1984" imhv. I'd hazard a guess by their tone/comments in the numerous similar threads that they all voted democrat/left. :rofl

As far as I'm concerned (and I suspect many people who remain silent) ... everyone has the right to play this game as they see fit as long as they are not hacking it.

...but then who am I eh!!

....cheers eh!! :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:22:59 PM by Wreked »
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!