Author Topic: Lead gunsight offline?  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Pillur

• Zinc Member
Lead gunsight offline?
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:28:33 PM »
Haven't played in 2 years or so and my shooting skills are...gone. Is there a command that allows for lead gunsight in the offline arena. One that shows you were to shoot? Or did I dream this? Thanks

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: Lead gunsight offline?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »
Try this (if memory serves...)

From the clipboard - click options, Arena Setup, Enviroment, and Arena Settings. Scroll to FlightModeFlags and double click on it. Check the Lead Computing Gunsight.

In flight, you need to have icons on and padlock to a target (I believe it's Tab by default?). The LCGS should appear ahead of the target. This also works in the TA (without having to set it up on the clipboard).

Not at home so I hope all that was correct.

Cursed
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »
Once the LCG is enabled as mentioned in first reply it's a little different depending on if your targeting friendly or enemy planes. To be able to target friendlies you need to hit 'Ctrl-Tab' to enable friendly lock. Tab will cycle through targets in your field of view. That will bring up the two small green +s that will show aiming point to hit selected target. 1 + is for primary guns and the other is for secondary guns.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Pillur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:34:41 PM »
Thanks guys. I've managed to get the set up in the clipboard but I can't get a lock on the target. I also don't see any + for primary or secondary. Any more advice? Thanks

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »
It is probably me or my specific PC but, is the lead comp sight preset by HTC to only compute the default convergence for each aircraft that you get when first installing the game clean?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
Never thought about that, will have to take a look, see if I can come up with an answer.

I think the easy way to test that would be to take the 4 gun P51.
Set one set very very close, one set to max. You'll see if the X's are together or not.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:21:57 PM by Ghosth »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »
Never thought about that, will have to take a look, see if I can come up with an answer.

I think the easy way to test that would be to take the 4 gun P51.
Set one set very very close, one set to max. You'll see if the X's are together or not.

I seem to recall messing w/ a 109's converg. and using the lead computer thingy to do so.

IIRC they changed when I adjusted the distances.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
This is a brief tutorial on how to turn on the lead computing gun sight in the offline arena.

Start off by going into the offline arena and bringing up the clipboard map. Once you have the map up select Options.
Next you will need to select Arena Setup. Now Select Environment. Next select Arena Setting. Now scroll through the list to FlightModeFlags select it and click Change.
In the new flap that opens click on the box next to Lead Computed Gunsight Click Save Click Close. Launch your plane hit the Tab key to select an enemy aircraft you should now see green crosses like with the bombing sight.

and you set your convergence just like in game go to the hanger and set it up, i hope this helps it sure helps in learning how to lead your shots  :salute

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:39:15 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »
Nevermind  i figured it out.. <S>
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:39:50 AM by FireDrgn »
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Pillur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
This is a brief tutorial on how to turn on the lead computing gun sight in the offline arena.

Start off by going into the offline arena and bringing up the clipboard map. Once you have the map up select Options.
Next you will need to select Arena Setup. Now Select Environment. Next select Arena Setting. Now scroll through the list to FlightModeFlags select it and click Change.
In the new flap that opens click on the box next to Lead Computed Gunsight Click Save Click Close. Launch your plane hit the Tab key to select an enemy aircraft you should now see green crosses like with the bombing sight.

and you set your convergence just like in game go to the hanger and set it up, i hope this helps it sure helps in learning how to lead your shots  :salute

Thanks to you and everyone <S>.
Stan

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 08:32:26 PM »
My previous question in this thread was from the last year of developing gunsights and testing them offline.

What I noticed is firing when the pipper was exactly on the green cross did not give a 100% expected result if I was shooting into the 30deg tail cone after changing convergence. Additionaly if the con has any amount of real track lateral to me I had to lead the green cross. The green cross was in an expected lead and elevation for the guns being fired. Fireing before the cross passes into my pipper probably means the cross is exactly where your rounds need to be x,y,z for the con to fly through them in real time. During all of this I started noticing when I changed my convergence I had to change how I led the green cross.

Is the green cross an approximation of where your bullets need to be after pulling the trigger opposed to where your pipper(reticle) needs to be when you pull the trigger?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Pillur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
I still see no green crosses when shootnih enemy offline. The box  id'ing the plane (eg P-38) gets surrounded by a box but I see no crosses. Help. I'm as frustrated as can be.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
I still see no green crosses when shootnih enemy offline. The box  id'ing the plane (eg P-38) gets surrounded by a box but I see no crosses. Help. I'm as frustrated as can be.

No green +s ?  Did you do everything mentioned in Qrsu's post?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Pillur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »
It works! It was my fault for not setting it up probarly. thanks to everyone.
Pillur

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
Just tried it on one of the offline missions, and it seemed a little off.  Had an AI con on my 6 and the 2 green crosses were behind me.  Shame no tail gun in a Spit8.