Author Topic: Haiti  (Read 1931 times)

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
Haiti
« on: January 21, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
This is a quote from my newspaper about Hati. "'The earthquake was a 7.0 on the Rictor Scale. The grief it cause... well... that can't be measured.'"

Also there was a man with a "Will work for Food". He saw another person who needed help and he dropped the sign and rushed over to her and helped her forgeting how hungry he was.

Also, there is a telethone on soon, you should watch it. I forget when it is on. It is on about 20 channels and has over 100 singers and people on the tv.

Haiti is a day of infaminy. May we never forget about Hati. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:50:03 PM by JonDoe999 »
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
Re: Hati
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
Haiti

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hati
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »
Name of town please?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
Re: Haiti
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:50:59 PM »
Oops. I did spell that terribly wrong. Also, The newspaper was the Sentail and Lewistown.
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »
I heard about that at school, those guys really have it rough.

-Penguin

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
Everyone says that this is one of the few earth-quakes they have. They count this one as historic. The govener of PA, Ed Rendell, flew a military jet down there to pick up a fraction of the orphans. You know what is shocking, I am the first one who made a thread about Haiti. No one else did. Weird. :confused: :airplane:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:18:03 PM by JonDoe999 »

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:41:20 PM by Skuzzy »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
Still, no one else is helping them. Besides, they're confused. This WAS a historic earthquake. This is the first one in CENTRIES. They are poor. Do you know what was the oly thing standing down there, The American Embassy. It was the only structure built right.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 06:20:53 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:42:19 PM by Skuzzy »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »
There are people in this country shooting at police and innocent people as well, we don't abandon everyone else because of it.  There is no need to group an entire country into good or bad.  There are a lot of people over there hurt, starving, and dying.  Haiti has a long history of poverty and genocide due to many large western countries.

After Katrina, people were shot, people were stolen from, unimaginable acts were committed by "people in OUR country".  Chaos after disaster is a human problem, not a Haitian problem.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
I'm torn.  I mean...I think its good we are helping someone, but they are so ungrateful...I know they are poor and this set them back even more, but they riot when we give them water...because there isn't enough...

Dunno, our country has it's own problems.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
After Katrina, people were shot, people were stolen from, unimaginable acts were committed by "people in OUR country".  Chaos after disaster is a human problem, not a Haitian problem.

i dont recall many incidences of aid workers being shot at and priests being killed during katrina

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »
Some what right. But still, you can't blame them. No one on this earth could have predicted this earthquake would happen at this time. Also, we still have Lousisana to rebuild from Hurricane Katrina. We needed to move them to higher ground so it doesn't flood again. But hey!!! That city was a dump.

I am torn, too!

*****The different color means I am talking about Hurricane Katrina.*****

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
Some what right. But still, you can't blame them. No one on this earth could have predicted this earthquake would happen at this time. Also, we still have Lousisana to rebuild from Hurricane Katrina. We needed to move them to higher ground so it doesn't flood again. But hey!!! That city was a dump.

I am torn, too!

*****The different color means I am talking about Hurricane Katrina.*****

well, lets start with our own country before we help some sorry country killing priests  :aok

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 06:30:23 PM »
But New Orleans, the city is below sea level!!! But, we're rebuilding it UNDER SEA LEVEL!!!