Author Topic: Zoom?  (Read 946 times)

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
Zoom?
« on: January 24, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
Crashed my puter friday night and had to reinstall windows xp... did so, got everything back up and everything in planes works, except zoom.... on the stick or the defaults on the keyboard.  but it will work in a GV..   any ideas?

Dime
Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Zoom?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »
Do you use a different mode for GVs? Check the control mapping for mode 1. Also check that you aren't zoomed out all the way and it just looks like it's not working.

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »
yea, i have the stick set up for planes and gvs...  works on gv's and not in planes.   and i've played with it, the zoom will not zoom.... im stuck all the way out
Dimebag
Black Attack!!!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:28:29 PM »
Make sure you dont have any axis mapped to [Analog] Field of View.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bloobeg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
Hello.
Got the same problem, but the other way. Zoom in planes was o.K. and no zoom in Gvīs.
Donīt ask me why, but since I installed a new soundcard-driver, the zoom works in gvīs,
too.
Maybe it helps you. Good luck.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:15 PM »
unplug your joystick, delete both joystick files in your settings folder (or moved them), then reboot plug stick in and load ah that's how it worked for me.  you'll have to redo all your mapping again.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
i see the highlighted saitek, which is the 2nd?

Dimebag
Black Attack!!!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 06:45:52 PM »
 Hi Zoom here ;;;;wavs;;;;;  :rofl   Do you have your auto select mode at beginning or flight checked? i also have a X52.. now did you download the drivers that came with it ?   i only downloaded the drivers that came with it and not the Saitek setup program, sometimes they wont interface properly with some games i just use the in game setup,   First time i went to use it (after installing drivers) i just had to program few views  and the zoom in the aces high options for mapping controllers, double click the button you want to map and find the feature you want and just keep doing the buttons until your done and remember to click save, i can use either mode 1 or 2 for either plane or vehicle, hope that helps  :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
right I forgot to mention I dont have the sst software just whatever windows decides its the best driver.

my settings folder lists

saitekx52flightcontroller.jsm
saitekx52flightcontrolsystem. jsm

semp

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
I'm still having similar issues even after installing the update to my vid card that I was hoping would solve this issue.

I have nothing mapped.... nothing on my CH stick other than default stuff...

I have always used the "z" key to engage Zoom..and of course the '[' ']' keys to calibrate.

that does not work on this new computer for some reason.

if I click the "z" key it zooms to full power.  if I attempt to adjust it in anyway......the zoom stops working entirely.

this is really bumming me out...I can't get into a tank at all...

what's making this happen?

for what it's worth...the ~ key or whatever it is that used to expand the radio chat...does nothing now...not sure if that's related...but I've had the same issue using three different keyboards now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 01:40:49 AM »
there's a conflict somewhere between your keyboard and ah.  set up your toggle zoom function to "\" see if that fixes it.

semp

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:57:14 AM »
Zeta, sounds like your new computer has Bluetooth drivers loaded, perhaps from HP?  HP does not seem happy enough to bloat computers with all manner of software, but are now looking for ways to prevent you from using your keyboard for anything they do not deem worthy.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »
thanks guncrasher & skuzzy......  it does indeed appear that there is some bluetooth related things on this new computer...which I did not even realize until I visited the Dell website.... the good news is.....I am indeed able to still select the zoom with the Z key...and now using guncrashers' suggestion of the "\" key........it will work...it just feels odd doing that now after all this time...but I will get used to that.  maximizing the chat to more than three lines if I miss sumthin'.......that I have not figured out how to do yet...I guess I'll just learn to read faster. :]

thanks to both of you again.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 07:57:14 AM »
For chat this  `~key next to the 1 on my keyboard.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »
CRYPTIC ... that's the key I always used.......but it no longer works.