Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42612 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »
Following is a PM sent to Strip, hlbly and all review committee members:

Strip, since hlbly didn't post the results of your duel to confirm his loss you are now a contested winner, therefore I need you to post the films of all three fights.  Please do this as soon as possible.

The review committee (who is copied on this PM) will need to review these films by no later than midnight Wednesday to confirm your win.  Review committee, please PM your individual determinations to me.  I have also copied the review committee alternates on this PM.  Please review the films and PM me your determinations as well which I will use if a review committe regular member hasn't responded by the deadline.

I am also going to post this PM in the bracket thread.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2010, 11:48:49 PM »
Round 1: Strip whopped up on me in a 110

Round 2: Strip whopped up on me a little less in a Yak 9T

lol...  <S>  That great.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2010, 11:55:40 PM »
Me and hlbly screwed the pooch as far as the parameters of the fight though. We forgot the 10k merge alt and the fact that the fights were supposed to be over the canyons. We both agreed on a set altitude and afterward neither side had any negative comments about the fights.

hlbly1

hlbly2

hlbly3

<S> Strip

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:00:01 AM by Strip »

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2010, 11:59:32 PM »
Round 1: Strip whopped up on me in a 110

Round 2: Strip whopped up on me a little less in a Yak 9T

lol...  <S>  That great.

I had fun SWneo, anytime you want to go to the DA and have a few fun rounds let me know.

Will also be glad to answer any questions as well....

:rock :salute :cheers:

Strip

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2010, 12:13:07 AM »
Regardless of the outcome of the Stip/hlbly review the Strip/SWneo results are invalid.  You cannot complete a duel series without an officially assigned random plane selection for the first duel.  A plane will be assigned after the review committee weighs in on the results of the Strip/hlbly duels.  

Furthermore, I will leave it to the review committee to advise me as to whether or not those results should even be considered given the disregard for the official rules.  If, in the committee's opinion, the results should be disregarded, a winner will be determined by random draw.

If, by review committee recomendation or by random draw, Strip wins/advances, the Strip/SWneo duels will need to be re-fought after a first round plane has been assigned.  Those duels will need to be completed by midnight Sunday.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:50 AM »
Your joking right...

You clearly picked the 110C4B as the plane for SWneo and I to duel with, how is that not random? Also had I not voiced my wish to get the fights in with hlbly the 110C it would have been okay? What part of the previous fight invalidates the plane pick you randomly assigned for the next round? Hell, I had to set my view in the blasted pile of junk to begin with....

This is becoming more trouble than its worth, three people had fun fights and walked away from the outcome with no hard feelings.

Strip

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:22:50 AM by Strip »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »
Your joking right...

You clearly picked the 110C4B as the plane for SWneo and I to duel with, how is that not random? Also had I not voiced my wish to get the fights in with hlbly in the 110C it would have been okay?

This is becoming more trouble than its worth, three people had fun fights and walked away from the outcome with no hard feelings....

Strip

OK.  I'll grant a 48 hour extension.  There will be a new plane assigned after the results are posted.  If no results are posted then an advancer will be determined by random draw since both of you appear to be at fault (no posts from hlbly and a missed duel by you).

In the future please post these things before I update the bracket.

We'll let the committee decide.  They are here for just this type of dispute.

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2010, 03:49:05 AM »
first i heard about the canyons whats up with that?  :huh . You'd think with something lke this you'd want the better pilot to win and not have terrain become a deciding factor.. 10k merge too  :headscratch: Just sayin  :aok
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:57:04 AM by TW9 »
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2010, 06:25:39 AM »
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.

The Dueling Rules have been in place starting with the very 1st Tournament like this........

this is the 3rd 1vs1 Dueling Tournament that BaldEagl has hosted.......

The Rules are always double posted ......1st before registering begins, then when the official starting bracket is posted......

Gots To Follow The RULES...... everyone else does :old:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2010, 06:27:33 AM »
Strip, you're being a pain in the arse
Charlie don't surf!

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2010, 06:35:59 AM »
-Me and hlbly screwed the pooch as far as the parameters of the fight though.

-We forgot the 10k merge alt and the fact that the fights were supposed to be over the canyons.

That right there, disqualifies the whole match you had.....and you openly admit that you screwed up........

the Review Committee is making a decision right now...... please be patient
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2010, 06:37:07 AM »
The Dueling Rules have been in place starting with the very 1st Tournament like this........

this is the 3rd 1vs1 Dueling Tournament that BaldEagl has hosted.......

The Rules are always double posted ......1st before registering begins, then when the official starting bracket is posted......

Gots To Follow The RULES...... everyone else does :old:
yes i know tc and will follow then i just have to question ba if he dueled much before making these rules or consulted anyone  (such as yourself) prior to. i dont remember him being a regular in the da granted its been a couple years.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2010, 06:44:52 AM »
yes i know tc and will follow then i just have to question ba if he dueled much before making these rules or consulted anyone  (such as yourself) prior to. i dont remember him being a regular in the da granted its been a couple years.

Actually, BE did consult a few about the rules for a good bit of time....... It would be unfair to do duels like most of the top ? say 20% who duel at fields like 23&24 in the DA on the deck with no alt for "mistake recovery"? hope you get the meaning of that......

the top duelers are so dang fast and can merge very quickly with out having a good bit of seperation.....

the rules were designed to give everyone a fighting chance

hope this helps...  :cheers:

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2010, 06:56:54 AM »
Actually, BE did consult a few about the rules for a good bit of time....... It would be unfair to do duels like most of the top ? say 20% who duel at fields like 23&24 in the DA on the deck with no alt for "mistake recovery"? hope you get the meaning of that......

the top duelers are so dang fast and can merge very quickly with out having a good bit of seperation.....

the rules were designed to give everyone a fighting chance

hope this helps...  :cheers:
i understand to a point but i think the canyon and unfamiliar planeset kinda contradicts ur " give everyone a fighting chance " theory. would say they heavily favor the skilled more so than a lower alt would.  ps sorry im on a bus otw to work with nothing better to do but argue a point w/ my cell.