Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42642 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »
imo i believe it should be up to the duelists to decide parameters and if they cant then the standard 10k/canyons would be in effect. the only thing etched in stone should be the plane set. Anyways its just an opinion, nothing to take personally, and possibly something to take as a suggestion for the next tourny  :salute
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
imo i believe it should be up to the duelists to decide parameters and if they cant then the standard 10k/canyons would be in effect......

if everyone follow his own rules you never get a balance into the whole event!
From my point of view its a great Ruleset! There is nothing left open, just follow these Rules by BE and have Fun!

Following is a re-posting of the rules.  Please make sure that you read and understand them.  

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If the number of players exceeds a full round I will work them into the bracket although they will have to fly one more round than other players.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
-   If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by midnight CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Intentionally ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a duel series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.
- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 midnight CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Monday.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in this thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.  
- In the case of contested results both player’s films will be reviewed by the review committee and a determination will be posted no later than 48 hours after the initial posting deadline.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made a winner will be selected by random draw.  The review committee's determination will be final.  Because this will delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  In any case, the next duels deadlines WILL NOT be delayed.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Monday, February 1 and each Monday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:11 AM »
God forbid someone makes a mistake, never mind the fact that I had 20 things pulling me in different directions. Shame on me for logging in, finding hlbly and say lets get this done.  Both of us said 3k, and 23/24, its unlikely that something like that changed the outcome. I have better things to do than to be given crap over something as minor as this. Yes, in a rush I forgot the rules, which I have read a few times. Heck, I dueled hlbly without even flying anything, no practice, no test flights, since the previous day. Never mind the fact that once I did settle in I realized my mistake and owned up to it.

Had I just said, "Hey I made the next round." instead of wanting a good fight none of this would even be a freaking issue.

Strip

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »
yes i know tc and will follow then i just have to question ba if he dueled much before making these rules or consulted anyone  (such as yourself) prior to. i dont remember him being a regular in the da granted its been a couple years.

No.  I'm not a DA "regular" although I do wander in from time to time.  I have however been playing since 1996 and have dueled a lot over that time.  I harken back to the days of AW when you could have a private duel in the MA and I miss the ability to take off from the same field as your opponent going in opposite directions and turn to merge at icon range.

The canyons were selected for a few reasons:

1.  It's an area in the DA that's easy to find.
2.  There are more canyon fields than any other area of the DA so if it's crowded there will always be a set of fields open.
3.  It adds another element to the "any given Sunday" effect, just as randomly selected player match-ups and randomly selected planes do.
4.  There's nothing stopping a superior duelist from dragging the fight out over the flat terrain on either side of the canyon.

A 10K merge was selected as a reasonable merge alt that any plane could get to by the time of the merge without wasting too much of that 25% fuel load.  It could have been higher or lower but 10K allows some time for the fight to be fought downhill and for additional tactical options (example: in the last tourney Tec took an elevator off my plane.  I dove for a G limited turn to try to equalize my disadvantage) that couldn't be employed at a deck start.

I hope that answers your questions.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »
The altitude and canyon rules are in place to induce some element of control in each duel and are VITAL to the criteria of this bracket system. Just like any scientific experiment you have to have constant controls to level the playing field. I am a regular dueler and favour a deck merge normaly, but this is a special event and thus has a set of rules that all must abide by. We never had any trouble about this in the previous two brackets. Thats just my opinion, not trying to argue with anyone.
 :salute
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
Is it still first round?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
I am a regular dueler and favour a deck merge normaly,

That's because the shrubberies are working for you...oh yeah, I'm on to you.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2010, 09:06:55 AM »
 :rofl

we want.....another shrubbery!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2010, 09:07:45 AM »

C202-Twizzty

I want my rematch Twizzty!

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »
If anything I hate the deck merge, my flying style gets better the higher I go, especially in the P series planes....

Strip

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
Yes as far as I know it is still the first rd.  I believe baldEgle said that he would post sometime this morning at the latest and 2nd rd. duels.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »
Second round started Sun-Mon at some point, several people have already fought their second round opponents.

Strip

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
I have to agree with TW9 and Batfink at the same time....The place they fight at shouldnt effect the outcome of the fight....IMO...but this is a special event with rules...the situation at hand IMO cant use the rules in it since the 48 hour extension was technically not stated as a rule before.

Strip your fights were all pretty much on the deck anyway......You won the 2 of 3 fights fair and sqaure IMO. Now the tournament is at a stand still, Im not sure if H1bly will want to make up these fights due to his new rudder pedals which are a pain to learn, you can review many peoples replys to rudder pedals threads for proof. Until h1bly comes in here and says"lets do it tomorrow" or something like that I think Strip deserves the win because he was at least active.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2010, 09:32:48 AM »
I want my rematch Twizzty!

Your welcome to it anytime Way sir!  :t

I'll look you up tonight as I'm really enjoying my time in the DA lately.

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2010, 09:49:09 AM »
Who needs a reminder?  :D

STFU and let the guy organizing this, run it the way he wants (until you pay him to do so).

:D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.