Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42622 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #465 on: February 16, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »
Yes we've discussed this before Kazaa, and I think that would be so awesome for the players and AH for future advertisements/recurring members.  The majority of the people like the dueling feature and that would be BA to have something like that.  No dought they need to get this in the works.

:cheers:
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2010, 02:45:37 PM »
It's too late for this tournament but I'm not opposed to the idea of segmenting off the Euro guys to a specific portion of the bracket to at least help get them through the early rounds but they'd still run into the time difference at some point.  Another idea might be to just make a completely seperate European based tournament to run independently alongside the existing tournament.  There wouldn't be a need for them ever to meet but they could.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #467 on: February 16, 2010, 02:51:25 PM »
It's too late for this tournament but I'm not opposed to the idea of segmenting off the Euro guys to a specific portion of the bracket to at least help get them through the early rounds but they'd still run into the time difference at some point.  Another idea might be to just make a completely seperate European based tournament to run independently alongside the existing tournament.  There wouldn't be a need for them ever to meet but they could.

Yeah, but that would be only one conflict for the finals.  I am sure that would be easy to set up.  Right now its not fair to them nor to us and it will lead to more random draws.  This is the second Ero I've drawn.  I can't be cutting weekend days in half just to be in the tournament.

Cursed, I meant time zones, not countries  :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:54:01 PM by dedalos »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »
I'm sure some of the guys will voice there opinion BE but I worked 92 hours last week and I got mine in with Phanta.  Of course both parties have to be able to work together to make an arrangement.  I offered to wake up early before work and do the duel at 4a.m. my time but Phanta was off this past week and said that he didnt have a problem doing it at 1a.m. or 2a.m. his time.  I work up to 15 hours a day sometimes and I worked all 7 days last week, alot of people could make it happen if they choose to.  Nothing against the U.S. players (keep in mind that I'm from Tennessee) but I like dueling alot of the European fighters because their drive to get better is higher.  
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »
Well, it was just a suggestion so people would not forfeit or have random draws due to the time intervals, and only for the people that would chose to be in the other bracket.  Just makes things easier.  I LL STFU now and let BE run it the way he wants  :lol :lol :lol 

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2010, 03:16:05 PM »
Well, it was just a suggestion so people would not forfeit or have random draws due to the time intervals, and only for the people that would chose to be in the other bracket.  Just makes things easier.  I LL STFU now and let BE run it the way he wants  :lol :lol :lol 

lol ded I agree it is a good suggestion totally up to BE. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2010, 03:18:09 PM »
I LL STFU now and let BE run it the way he wants  :lol :lol :lol  

No! Give me more to read while I kill time in class.

And I know what you meant:"Get those damn Canadians out of the tournaments;  all they're good for is making maple syrup for my pancakes!"  :neener:
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #472 on: February 16, 2010, 03:18:37 PM »
NO WAY!  Kazaa our lack of duels has been pretty much my fault, we had a time set, I even set it, and I forgot to show.  I dispute Kazaa's forfeit and ask that he advances. 

edit:  I guess if he absolutely wants to drop out then whatever.  Read the bit about getting up at 2AM, that doesn't sound fun, and this is all about fun.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:49:57 PM by mensa180 »
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #473 on: February 16, 2010, 03:21:17 PM »
So that's where maple syrup comes from??
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #474 on: February 16, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
NO WAY!  Kazaa our lack of duels has been pretty much my fault, we had a time set, I even set it, and I forgot to show.  I dispute Kazaa's forfeit and ask that he advances.  

I dispute both of your forfeit and lets get this duel done.  To many forfeit's going on as it is, you 2 work out a time you still got a few hours to get it in.  
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #475 on: February 16, 2010, 03:33:23 PM »
No! Give me more to read while I kill time in class.

And I know what you meant:"Get those damn Canadians out of the tournaments;  all they're good for is making maple syrup for my SEPancakes!"  :neener:

fixed

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #476 on: February 16, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »
Tupac mentioned a new job in a pm returned to me, trying to get a good time to try and get this done but I don't know how that's gonna work out.

I am game just about all week except Thursday night...

Strip

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
I sent the PM, i just dont wanna be kicked out because we cant get connected.

Jolly01

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2010, 04:43:21 PM »
Kudos to you.  Forced me to fight your fight.  <S>

If you don't mind me asking, since both fights followed roughly the same path - what is it you were doing to turn inside so effectively?

I was bringing the nose around as tightly as I thought possible - playing with trim, flaps, throttle, throwing in mild yo-yo's, etc and still, you got in behind me, after a minute or so, slowly but surely, each time.

(To be clear, I am NOT suggesting anything foul - looking to improve upon my obvious luftberry deficiency).   :aok

I'm fairly new to the 109 , been mucking around in it a bit for the past few weeks in the DA , so at this stage I just fly it like a hellcat or whatever, havent learnt any uber 109 tricks yet. Probably using full flaps when I can and messing around with the throttle.

Must say though , am finding the 30mm cannon an addictive experience after flying 50 cal planes up to now. Thing just go boom !

<S>

I come from a land downunder

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
well, i gave it my best..it was fun while it lasted! wtg redd! great fights! <<S>>

redd vs betty - round 1 - 190-d9 (redd wins)
redd vs betty - round 2 - spit 9 (redd wins)

didnt bother with a round 3 lol

good luck with the rest of the event guys! was fun! ty BE for doing all this!  :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!